PDA

View Full Version : Metal!!

XDamonXHawkinsX
09-30-2008, 11:40 AM
do you guys like metal??
if so what are you favorite bands? i like lamb of god,children of bodom,we shot the sheriff and a slew of others.

swallow
09-30-2008, 11:52 AM
do you guys like metal??
if so what are you favorite bands? i like lamb of god,children of bodom,we shot the sheriff and a slew of others.

Once seen Lamb of God live, and Children of Bodom is pure shit. But that's because I'm a Finn and if I don't love CoB I have to hate it 'till the end.

XDamonXHawkinsX
09-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Once seen Lamb of God live, and Children of Bodom is pure shit. But that's because I'm a Finn and if I don't love CoB I have to hate it 'till the end.

wait why do you hate bodom??

swallow
09-30-2008, 12:00 PM
wait why do you hate bodom??

I'm a Finn.
And if you're a Finn you have to love CoB (some kind of "you-have-to-love-your-nation-and-the-most-famous-metal-band-after-Nightwish-of-it"-band) or hate CoB. I'd rather hate. And they sucked live big time when I saw them few years ago. And Alexi Laiho's hair is ugly.

XDamonXHawkinsX
09-30-2008, 12:10 PM
I'm a Finn.
And if you're a Finn you have to love CoB (some kind of "you-have-to-love-your-nation-and-the-most-famous-metal-band-after-Nightwish-of-it"-band) or hate CoB. I'd rather hate. And they sucked live big time when I saw them few years ago. And Alexi Laiho's hair is ugly.

haha oh i see lol
i still like bodom though they got some pretty goods songs
btw you heard that lamb of god is making a new cd right? it comes out early 09

chadfitzy
09-30-2008, 12:54 PM
i used to love metal, but than it startd to sound like shit to me. i can only stand pantera now

XDamonXHawkinsX
09-30-2008, 01:06 PM
i used to love metal, but than it startd to sound like shit to me. i can only stand pantera now

alot of people say that but i dont really know why

chadfitzy
09-30-2008, 04:01 PM
it just got boring, it might have been a transition from metal to punk, and so it slowed lot of metal down. what i though was a super fast song just became a slow tempo and it got boring. not to say i only like fast tempo, i love ska, but metal jst kinda got to boring.

XDamonXHawkinsX
09-30-2008, 06:19 PM
it just got boring, it might have been a transition from metal to punk, and so it slowed lot of metal down. what i though was a super fast song just became a slow tempo and it got boring. not to say i only like fast tempo, i love ska, but metal jst kinda got to boring.

i see where your coming from now.

SgtD
10-01-2008, 04:47 AM
do you guys like metal??

i like the classic stuff, mostly thrash metal but i listen to some death and heavy metal as well. Some bands i like:

Slayer, Testament, Obituary, Deicide, Iron Maiden, Gamma Ray, Helloween, Akela (hun thrash)

XDamonXHawkinsX
10-01-2008, 06:54 AM
i like the classic stuff, mostly thrash metal but i listen to some death and heavy metal as well. Some bands i like:

Slayer, Testament, Obituary, Deicide, Iron Maiden, Gamma Ray, Helloween, Akela (hun thrash)

out of those i only listen to obituary and slayer cant stand decide there satanic

straightXed
10-01-2008, 10:40 AM
out of those i only listen to obituary and slayer cant stand decide there satanic

So do you dislike them because they don't fit with your religious views?

mouseman004
10-01-2008, 11:17 AM
I love metal and metalcore. It is a little embarassing but I am also a sucker for some Nu Metal. Not really a fan of black metal or death metal.

Favourite metal bands: Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, Between the Buried and Me, Pantera, Trivium, Mudvayne, Misery Signals, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Uriah Heep, Poison the Well, Dillenger Escape Plan, All That Remains, Kittie, Otep, Shadows Fall.

There are alot more but those are the bands I cycle through fairly regularly

xGriffox
10-01-2008, 11:56 AM
LOVE metal. especially sludge/stoner metal and black metal.
most notably:
electric wizard
thou
leviathan
xasthur
lurker of chalice
wolves in the throne room
weakling
suma
animus
eyehategod
nortt
fall of the bastards
timebomb

XDamonXHawkinsX
10-01-2008, 03:12 PM
So do you dislike them because they don't fit with your religious views?

yea
basically i mean i got to give credit where credit is due they do have like 2 ok songs

SgtD
10-01-2008, 05:27 PM
yea
basically i mean i got to give credit where credit is due they do have like 2 ok songs

heh. look into it kid,obituary and slayer both have really serious anti-christian lyrics.

however, i don't understand how christians can listen to metal, or hardcore. it's the devils music so i was told.

xGriffox
10-01-2008, 05:58 PM
just listen to some eyehategod. it's good christian music.

XDamonXHawkinsX
10-01-2008, 07:38 PM
just listen to some eyehategod. it's good christian music.

pretty kick ass band

xAllTheRagex
10-02-2008, 06:47 AM
Bands such as: Underoath, As I Lay Dying, xLooking Forwardx, Norma Jean, August Burns Red, Gwen Stacy, Haste The Day, War Of Ages.
They're all Christian bands, which are very good as well.

XDamonXHawkinsX
10-02-2008, 06:55 AM
Bands such as: Underoath, As I Lay Dying, xLooking Forwardx, Norma Jean, August Burns Red, Gwen Stacy, Haste The Day, War Of Ages.
They're all Christian bands, which are very good as well.

thanks i'll look them up

straightXed
10-02-2008, 08:44 AM
yea

Slayer surely also go against your beleifs?

XDamonXHawkinsX
10-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Slayer surely also go against your beleifs?

ok to set things straight
i listen to all metal and usually like all metal its just that some songs that talk down upon god and jesus and christianity i tend not to listen to that much.i got know problem with some bands not likeing christianity but when all your songs relate to killing god burning heaven and slaughtering christians i dont really like that

straightXed
10-02-2008, 03:57 PM
ok to set things straight
i listen to all metal and usually like all metal its just that some songs that talk down upon god and jesus and christianity i tend not to listen to that much.i got know problem with some bands not likeing christianity but when all your songs relate to killing god burning heaven and slaughtering christians i dont really like that

Yes and slayer are a band that talks down upon christianity and god and promote satan over god, a lot of there songs are digs at christianity. I just don't understand why you would listen to or support them at all. I mean its not like they just don't like christianity, that would be fair enough, but they sing quite negatively about it and allude that christians are stupid...so yeah it puzzles me why a christian would listen to it.

XDamonXHawkinsX
10-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Yes and slayer are a band that talks down upon christianity and god and promote satan over god, a lot of there songs are digs at christianity. I just don't understand why you would listen to or support them at all. I mean its not like they just don't like christianity, that would be fair enough, but they sing quite negatively about it and allude that christians are stupid...so yeah it puzzles me why a christian would listen to it.

idk dude it all just depends on the band i quess?
i love metal

straightXed
10-02-2008, 05:05 PM
idk dude it all just depends on the band i quess?
i love metal

So its not to do with it conflicting your religious beliefs?

chadfitzy
10-02-2008, 06:43 PM
did you get into the other band or slayer first?

XDamonXHawkinsX
10-04-2008, 05:34 PM
did you get into the other band or slayer first?

i got into slayer first

mouseman004
10-04-2008, 08:29 PM
so yeah it puzzles me why a christian would listen to it.

Maybe they just like it because it sounds good.

SgtD
10-05-2008, 04:50 AM
i got into slayer first

hahaha

straightXed
10-05-2008, 09:31 AM
Maybe they just like it because it sounds good.

maybe, but that still puzzles me especially if you are following the idea that songs promoting satan or going against christianity is reason to not listen to a band. When you find that this is also true of slayer it makes that reasoning a little flawed, however, even if that weren't the case it would still puzzle me why someone would support and promote ideas that are contrary to their own faith and religion. I mean its not like its just a case of differing beliefs its a case of actually ridiculing your faith, for comparison, its one thing listening to a band that promotes drug use its another to listen to a band telling you how dumb you are for being straightedge. I guess i think that over shadows how it sounds or at least plays a large enough part in things to make me find it puzzling why someone would omit that.

XDamonXHawkinsX
10-18-2008, 10:17 PM
maybe, but that still puzzles me especially if you are following the idea that songs promoting satan or going against christianity is reason to not listen to a band. When you find that this is also true of slayer it makes that reasoning a little flawed, however, even if that weren't the case it would still puzzle me why someone would support and promote ideas that are contrary to their own faith and religion. I mean its not like its just a case of differing beliefs its a case of actually ridiculing your faith, for comparison, its one thing listening to a band that promotes drug use its another to listen to a band telling you how dumb you are for being straightedge. I guess i think that over shadows how it sounds or at least plays a large enough part in things to make me find it puzzling why someone would omit that.

true
but i dont know it all just depends on the band and how good they are sometimes i can just look over that idk dude its complicated lol

xGriffox
10-18-2008, 11:09 PM
just got back from seeing an AMAZING show.

Vitamin X (super fast straight edge hardcore from amsterdam) and Thou (Down-tuned sludge metal from lousiana).

Thou is my favorite band to get together in the past 5 years and they never disappoint live, but this set was AMAZING. they covered "screaming at a wall" and "sweet leaf" in the same set. i am so blown away still, and my neck hurts from headbanging.

metal as fuck. \m/

straightXed
10-19-2008, 03:08 PM
true
but i dont know it all just depends on the band and how good they are sometimes i can just look over that idk dude its complicated lol

Its not complicated, is a matter of consistency, you either have a problem with bands being down on your religion or you don't. When you pick and chose when to use that reason and when to omit it pretty much voids that reason of integrity.

straightXed
10-19-2008, 03:09 PM
just got back from seeing an AMAZING show.

Vitamin X (super fast straight edge hardcore from amsterdam) and Thou (Down-tuned sludge metal from lousiana).

Thou is my favorite band to get together in the past 5 years and they never disappoint live, but this set was AMAZING. they covered "screaming at a wall" and "sweet leaf" in the same set. i am so blown away still, and my neck hurts from headbanging.

metal as fuck. \m/

Wow, vitamin x are still going!

swallow
10-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Some of you liked Finnish metal, so I can recommend you one band. They're big in Finland but I don't think they're very well-known in other countries.

Stam1na (and their song Hammasratas)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIT4nsOorxs

They're awesome live. Great moshpits, especially Wall of Deaths.

xGriffox
10-25-2008, 04:41 PM
Wow, vitamin x are still going!

they are never going to stop at this rate. I saw them at ABC no rio twice in less than a year, which is totally unheard of with non US-based bands and even pretty unheard of of bands within the US unless they live really close.