PDA

View Full Version : hypothetical questions...

flame_still_burns
12-07-2003, 02:09 PM
so here's my question.

out of any band that you love that you never got to see, either because you were too young(or not yet born for some of you), or they never came to your area, or you weren't into hardcore yet... who would it be?

i'm very fortunate to have seen a lot of bands that people might have on their lists. i guess minor threat would be mine. i was only 12 when they called it quits... so i had no chance of seeing them. but i also never got to see inside out, who i think was one of the most amazing bands ever. they were supposed to tour in like 90 or 91, which i was quite excited about... but ended up canceling and burn did the dates. still don't know why. but...i would have died to see them.

what are yours?

xsecx
12-07-2003, 03:08 PM
ssd pre power
dys pre fire and ice
government issue
bad brains before dude went completely insane.

chorus of disapproval. they did one east coast tour. I was going to go, but something stupid and teenage kept me from going.

flame_still_burns
12-07-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by xsecx
bad brains before dude went completely insane.

i think he was always insane.

that would have been the beauty in seeing them...with all his crazy stage moves.

straightXed
12-07-2003, 06:07 PM
There are so many bands i would have love to have seen, i think i would have loved to have seen 7 seconds back in the day. I could list so many and it would probably depress me.

AxZxHxC
12-07-2003, 07:04 PM
Gorilla Biscuits

charlesXbronson
12-08-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by AxZxHxC
Gorilla Biscuits

same here

SgtD
12-09-2003, 02:43 AM
Dead Kennedys with jello, Sex pistols, Black Flag with Keith, with Chavo, with rollins, Judas priest with rob halford, Minor threat, S.O.D.(!!!)
these came to ind first....

XprennaX
12-09-2003, 11:21 AM
Hardcore bands? Gorilla Biscuits, Judge, or Project X

Nikon
12-09-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by SgtD
Dead Kennedys with jello, Sex pistols, Black Flag with Keith, with Chavo, with rollins, Judas priest with rob halford, Minor threat, S.O.D.(!!!)
these came to ind first....

Great picks there.....

On a completely side note....I just booke hank to do a talking show at the college that I work at....Very very excited about this

xcarterburkex
12-10-2003, 12:36 PM
I would've loved to see floorpunch.

flame_still_burns
12-10-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by XprennaX
Hardcore bands? Gorilla Biscuits, Judge, or Project X

don't hate me... but i saw all three of those bands at one show.

xsecx
12-10-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by flame_still_burns

I've seen 2 of the three.

and you're probably like one of 200 people alive to see one of the 2 project x shows.

flame_still_burns
12-10-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by xsecx
I've seen 2 of the three.

and you're probably like one of 200 people alive to see one of the 2 project x shows.

thank god i'm from ohio huh?

SgtD
12-11-2003, 02:35 AM
You are very lucky!

in my country there will be a sick of it all concert for the first time on 27.02.04. they should have came 10 years ago, or so.
Not every favourite band of mine come to Hungary. I saw Dead Kennedys this summer with Brandon Cruz. The first time they come here. I regret being born here. I guess there are more gigs in the U.S. and the U.K.....

flame_still_burns
12-11-2003, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by SgtD
You are very lucky!

in my country there will be a sick of it all concert for the first time on 27.02.04. they should have came 10 years ago, or so.
Not every favourite band of mine come to Hungary. I saw Dead Kennedys this summer with Brandon Cruz. The first time they come here. I regret being born here. I guess there are more gigs in the U.S. and the U.K.....

i wouldn't regret being born there...

it takes awhile for things to get rolling...and honestly there was a time when europe was years and years behind the u.s. in terms of what was happening. now with the internet it is a much more global community and things are happening simultaneously.

you could view your situation as a chance to be a part of a scene that is just developing...

XprennaX
12-11-2003, 05:26 AM

ok so now I officially hate you!! :)

SgtD
12-11-2003, 05:50 AM
yeah, sure. but it sucks, that you can choose every weekend which concert to go to, and I can wait till a band comes here. the hc/punk movement was here in the early 80-s just the records weren't cos of the communist regime.
our country is small (due to the injustice "peace" treaty of the world war I), maybe that's why all of the tours end up somewhere else. for example the resistance tour.

xsecx
12-11-2003, 09:22 AM

it takes awhile for things to get rolling...and honestly there was a time when europe was years and years behind the u.s. in terms of what was happening. now with the internet it is a much more global community and things are happening simultaneously.

you could view your situation as a chance to be a part of a scene that is just developing...

there was also a time when bands would tour europe more than they would the US.

*cough* battery *cough*

xvunderx
12-11-2003, 11:02 AM

I think it's kind of unfair to say Europe was "behind", I think it's just different. The scene in The UK at least is very different from the US (at least from what I have seen). You get kids wanting to emulate stuff from the States, but to be honest there are some things I think the US could learn from Europe.

flame_still_burns
12-11-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by xvunderx
I think it's kind of unfair to say Europe was "behind", I think it's just different. The scene in The UK at least is very different from the US (at least from what I have seen). You get kids wanting to emulate stuff from the States, but to be honest there are some things I think the US could learn from Europe.

well there was certainly no disrespect meant by it...

but i do think it is curious that the u.s. seems to remain the dominant force as far as bands that are seen as important or whatever. what i'm trying to say is that there are certainly kids in europe who are into a lot of u.s. bands, but i would guess quite a few less u.s. kids who are into european bands. i'm not quite sure why that has come to be.

i definitley think the u.s. scene could learn a lot from over there.

xcarterburkex
12-13-2003, 12:53 PM
well there was certainly no disrespect meant by it...

but i do think it is curious that the u.s. seems to remain the dominant force as far as bands that are seen as important or whatever. what i'm trying to say is that there are certainly kids in europe who are into a lot of u.s. bands, but i would guess quite a few less u.s. kids who are into european bands. i'm not quite sure why that has come to be.

i definitley think the u.s. scene could learn a lot from over there.

There's so many good bands in the states that kids out there don't really have to look much further than there own doorsteps. People in europe have to dig shit out a bit more as, unfortunately, most euro bands suck. Things are starting to change though, i think sworn in really opened a lot of peoples eyes to the fact that the US isn't the be all and end all of hardcore.