PDA

View Full Version : ps3

straightXed
09-24-2008, 11:46 AM
got my free ps3 today and thought id use it to post here, but now ive done that its time start playing

rodrigo
09-24-2008, 11:55 AM
got my free ps3 today and thought id use it to post here, but now ive done that its time start playing

what games will you play? or also got?

straightXed
09-24-2008, 11:58 AM
what games will you play? or also got?

Mercenaries 2 and metal gear solid 4.

xsecx
09-24-2008, 12:47 PM

I'll be getting one this week as well. I'm looking forward to playing resistance fall of man.

D1988
09-24-2008, 02:37 PM
I am disappointed in you Ed.

straightXed
09-24-2008, 02:48 PM
I'll be getting one this week as well. I'm looking forward to playing resistance fall of man.

I was going to get that but i saw resistance 2 being demoed and figured i'd wait for that, it looked good.

straightXed
09-24-2008, 02:48 PM
I am disappointed in you Ed.

why?

xsecx
09-24-2008, 02:50 PM
I was going to get that but i saw resistance 2 being demoed and figured i'd wait for that, it looked good.

yeah but you get to play around a destroyed europe, like every americans dream.

D1988
09-24-2008, 04:24 PM
why?

I wanted you to get a 360 so we could play games together.

straightXed
09-24-2008, 04:54 PM
I wanted you to get a 360 so we could play games together.

oh well, i may get a 360 at somepoint.

straightXed
09-24-2008, 05:03 PM
yeah but you get to play around a destroyed europe, like every americans dream.

Its the american dream?!

xGriffox
09-24-2008, 05:44 PM
how did you get it for free?

straightXed
09-25-2008, 09:36 AM
how did you get it for free?

It was an incentive to take up a mobile phone contract, so i got a free blackberry curve, a free ps3 and a much better contract than the one i was on before. I like free stuff.

D1988
09-25-2008, 10:29 AM
It was an incentive to take up a mobile phone contract, so i got a free blackberry curve, a free ps3 and a much better contract than the one i was on before. I like free stuff.

Ed, I don't know if you will have any idea about this, but if you have a contract phone and the thing fucks up, if you take it to your network store could they renew your contract earlier or give you a new phone? Just wondering if you have any idea because I haven't managed to get to the Vodafone store yet and ask.

My contract is up in December and last night the screen on my phone has decided to go totally crazy.

straightXed
09-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Ed, I don't know if you will have any idea about this, but if you have a contract phone and the thing fucks up, if you take it to your network store could they renew your contract earlier or give you a new phone? Just wondering if you have any idea because I haven't managed to get to the Vodafone store yet and ask.

My contract is up in December and last night the screen on my phone has decided to go totally crazy.

Well your contract can pretty much serve as a warranty, the contract assumes the phone will be fit for its purpose and be of satisfactory quality throughout that period. Of course things that will go against that is if you didn't use the phone as intended, i.e. if you used it as a frisbee, an ice hockey puk or a submarine then you pretty much invalidate all your rights there. The issue with this comes down to how much responsibility vodafone wish to take, your contract may have a clause that implies its not their responsibility but that contract should not effect your statutory rights and they should supply you with a phone that is fit for use for the duration of the contract. Also remember that while the trader may be trying to be less than helpful the manufacturer usually has somekind of good will waranty on the product, i believe nokia europe has 2 years. Of course its a bit more work to send it off to them yourself and you may be without a phone for a while. I still feel the best option is sticking to your guns and arguing the sale of goods act for the period of the contract.

Sometimes they may let you re-new your contract early, they always want to keep customers. Anytime you are up for contract renewal always explain that you have found a good deal somewhere else and often they will try and match it. If you phone the people at contract cancellations they will offer the best deals - although not good enough for me this time! With new companies offering all sorts of incentives for you to sign a new contract they have to keep you sweet in order to keep you and thats what you should keep in mind when you are asking for an early upgrade. You have the power in this situation, they are working to get your buisness and if they aren't prepared to help you then take your buisness to a place thats best for you. But remember that on the shop floor they have a lot less room for negotiation and your best bet is discourse by phoning vodafone direct.

D1988
09-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Well your contract can pretty much serve as a warranty, the contract assumes the phone will be fit for its purpose and be of satisfactory quality throughout that period. Of course things that will go against that is if you didn't use the phone as intended, i.e. if you used it as a frisbee, an ice hockey puk or a submarine then you pretty much invalidate all your rights there. The issue with this comes down to how much responsibility vodafone wish to take, your contract may have a clause that implies its not their responsibility but that contract should not effect your statutory rights and they should supply you with a phone that is fit for use for the duration of the contract. Also remember that while the trader may be trying to be less than helpful the manufacturer usually has somekind of good will waranty on the product, i believe nokia europe has 2 years. Of course its a bit more work to send it off to them yourself and you may be without a phone for a while. I still feel the best option is sticking to your guns and arguing the sale of goods act for the period of the contract.

Sometimes they may let you re-new your contract early, they always want to keep customers. Anytime you are up for contract renewal always explain that you have found a good deal somewhere else and often they will try and match it. If you phone the people at contract cancellations they will offer the best deals - although not good enough for me this time! With new companies offering all sorts of incentives for you to sign a new contract they have to keep you sweet in order to keep you and thats what you should keep in mind when you are asking for an early upgrade. You have the power in this situation, they are working to get your buisness and if they aren't prepared to help you then take your buisness to a place thats best for you. But remember that on the shop floor they have a lot less room for negotiation and your best bet is discourse by phoning vodafone direct.

Thanks Ed, that is really helpful.

I will let you know what goes down.

Thanks again.

XDamonXHawkinsX
09-30-2008, 09:22 AM
Mercenaries 2 and metal gear solid 4.

i can tell you first hand MSG 4 is fucking sick and resistance is amazing but im pretty sure you can find a better game than merch's 2.

straightXed
09-30-2008, 10:39 AM
i can tell you first hand MSG 4 is fucking sick and resistance is amazing but im pretty sure you can find a better game than merch's 2.

Thanks but i like mercenaries 2. And i can play MGS4 first hand which is better than having someone tell me how it is first hand!