PDA

View Full Version : XM & Sirius satalite radio cancel punk channels

xXfartknockerXx
09-16-2008, 03:05 PM
XM Fungus 53 and Sirius "Punk" have been replaced by a 24/7 AC/DC station. Fucking lame! While they did mix a lot of crap in with good hardcore, Fungus was the whole reason I subscribed to XM. Corporate Crap wins again. Im canceling.

rodrigo
09-16-2008, 03:30 PM
who would want to listen to AC/DC 24/7?

xsecx
09-16-2008, 03:57 PM
who would want to listen to AC/DC 24/7?

people who want to get shook all night AND day long?

chadfitzy
09-16-2008, 06:59 PM
itll go away after a few months, first it was the stones, then the who, and now acdc. just give it a bit

xXfartknockerXx
09-16-2008, 08:24 PM
AC/DC sucks. It just goes along with some exclusive Wall-Mart CD they just put out. You can hear that crap on any one of the rock channels but you cant hear the 30 years of punk they played on Fungus anywhere else.

From the SVP of music programing at XM - "We recognize and appreciate the fact that Fungus and punk, ska and hardcore has loyal fans like you, but because we have limited space on our platform for music channels, we’re often faced with having to make difficult decisions when it comes to what’s available on our channel line-up. Fungus was one of the channels that had a very loyal but also a very limited audience."

In other words; loyalty dont mean shit - it's only about the allmighty dollar. Oh well, they just lost mine and many other "loyal" listeners money.

Fuck 'em.

SgtD
09-17-2008, 01:27 AM
XM Fungus 53 and Sirius "Punk" have been replaced by a 24/7 AC/DC station. Fucking lame! While they did mix a lot of crap in with good hardcore, Fungus was the whole reason I subscribed to XM. Corporate Crap wins again. Im canceling.

DIRRRRTY DEEEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP!

(good to have you back on the board sir. )

xvunderx
09-17-2008, 07:49 AM
Bugger I used to put it on when I could remember as background noise when I was working. There'd be the odd good some, some crap, etc... Used to be good for long road trips too.

xXfartknockerXx
09-17-2008, 11:52 AM
(good to have you back on the board sir. )

Ive been lurkin'. Just aint had nuthin' good to say. Getting ready to make a big move from the Reno NV area to Santa Cruz CA. Stressin' me out big time.

I got XM as alternative to TV. My daughter had it locked on Radio Disney any time she was around which isnt any better than the crap on TV but at least it kept her from being a TV zombie.