PDA

View Full Version : mccain choses a women as a running mate

xsecx
08-29-2008, 06:08 PM
and I can't help but think it's a gimmick.

mouseman004
08-29-2008, 06:13 PM
and I can't help but think it's a gimmick.

I could not agree more. He is trying to tap into the hilary supporters who don't like Obama, but this just comes across as a cheesy trick. I think it is a stupid idea.

SgtD
08-30-2008, 12:01 PM
I could not agree more. He is trying to tap into the hilary supporters who don't like Obama, but this just comes across as a cheesy trick. I think it is a stupid idea.
well, he did a speech in a supermarket right beside the cheese...

xsecx
08-30-2008, 09:39 PM

the thing that's hilarious is that she's super anti abortion so the likelihood that she'll swing any hillary fans is damn near zero now that the ticket is now both anti choice. He would have stood a better chance if he had went with Romney, even with his flip flop on the issue.

mouseman004
08-31-2008, 09:02 AM
the thing that's hilarious is that she's super anti abortion so the likelihood that she'll swing any hillary fans is damn near zero now that the ticket is now both anti choice. He would have stood a better chance if he had went with Romney, even with his flip flop on the issue.

That is very true. I thought it was pretty funny in her speech when she was mentioning all the important women in American politics and of course she mentions Hilary Clinton and the need for women to break through the glass ceiling. This is such a transparent ploy and I think McCain is shooting himself in the foot. Should be an interesting election nonetheless. As a politics student I am pretty excited to follow it and see how it turns out.

AND there is going to be a Canadian federal election in October. Should be an interesting couple of months. (although the Canadian election isn't going to accomplish anything, it will be the exact same make up in parliament as it is now)

xsecx
09-02-2008, 01:50 PM
and how her teenage daughter is preggers. I just can't believe that they completely vetted Pallin and knew about this.

mouseman004
09-03-2008, 08:03 AM
and how her teenage daughter is preggers. I just can't believe that they completely vetted Pallin and knew about this.

It'll show conservatives how staunchly pro-life the pallin family is!