PDA

View Full Version : Ah crap!

x'snoto's
08-19-2008, 04:33 PM
So I'm at my house, right. And there's nothing to drink except Dr.Pepper, my old addiction. (I was seriously hooked before I made my desision.) No one will go get some water or let me go down to the store to get it myself. By noon I've had nothing to drink all day and I cave in. I had gone without caffine forEVER and one little sip led to about three or four small glasses.

With that sudden caffine intake I pretty much went bezerk.

I know there's a big battle about this (caffine vs. no caffine), but it was my choice to give it up for health reasons and I totally screwed it up.

1. Can I still consider myself edge after knowingly drinking what I said I wouldn't?

2. Can someone help me get rid of this addiction for good!!!???

xsecx
08-19-2008, 05:22 PM
So I'm at my house, right. And there's nothing to drink except Dr.Pepper, my old addiction. (I was seriously hooked before I made my desision.) No one will go get some water or let me go down to the store to get it myself. By noon I've had nothing to drink all day and I cave in. I had gone without caffine forEVER and one little sip led to about three or four small glasses.

With that sudden caffine intake I pretty much went bezerk.

I know there's a big battle about this (caffine vs. no caffine), but it was my choice to give it up for health reasons and I totally screwed it up.

1. Can I still consider myself edge after knowingly drinking what I said I wouldn't?

2. Can someone help me get rid of this addiction for good!!!???

I wouldn't worry too much, but I would suggest drinking some tap water with ice.

D1988
08-19-2008, 06:45 PM
Buy a 6 pack of bottled water. After you finish each bottle, fill em up with tap water and stick them in the fridge.

Endless supply of chilled water.

Dean's secrets unleashed!

Genuine question though. Is it OK to drink water straight from the tap in most places in the US? are there any area's in the country where that shouldn't be done because the water isn't clean enough or something?

xsecx
08-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Buy a 6 pack of bottled water. After you finish each bottle, fill em up with tap water and stick them in the fridge.

Genuine question though. Is it OK to drink water straight from the tap in most places in the US? are there any area's in the country where that shouldn't be done because the water isn't clean enough or something?

I'm not aware of anywhere that you can't drink the water. and in our country ice is plentiful and easy to get.

straightXed
08-20-2008, 01:28 PM

Most bottles that are used for the bottled water you buy are not meant for re-use, they are generally a one time deal, after that the poly begins to break down and this can cause a risk to your health. A lot of the bottles have very small warnings of re-use on them but they aren't very noticable. Also these bottles break down in heat also so think twice before drinking the water that has been warmed in the sun...less of a problem as not many people want to drink warm water but if you are really thirsty you might be tempted!

These bottles are cheaper and were designed to break down easier as a green factor although there is debate to just how green they are. Best option is get yourself a bottle that is designed for re-use and fill that instead.

D1988
08-20-2008, 02:00 PM
Most bottles that are used for the bottled water you buy are not meant for re-use, they are generally a one time deal, after that the poly begins to break down and this can cause a risk to your health. A lot of the bottles have very small warnings of re-use on them but they aren't very noticable. Also these bottles break down in heat also so think twice before drinking the water that has been warmed in the sun...less of a problem as not many people want to drink warm water but if you are really thirsty you might be tempted!

These bottles are cheaper and were designed to break down easier as a green factor although there is debate to just how green they are. Best option is get yourself a bottle that is designed for re-use and fill that instead.

Shit, I been doing this for the best part of 2 years. Re-new the bottles every so often ovcourse, but this is something I am gonna watch out for now. Damn.

x'snoto's
08-20-2008, 03:15 PM
I would drink the tap...except even after it goes through the filter it smells like dead fish. Last time I tried to drink it I about barfed it smelled so bad...gross, I know.

xsecx
08-20-2008, 03:35 PM
I would drink the tap...except even after it goes through the filter it smells like dead fish. Last time I tried to drink it I about barfed it smelled so bad...gross, I know.

where the hell do you live?

straightXed
08-20-2008, 05:01 PM

I like dead fish, i had a tuna sandwich yesterday!

rodrigo
08-20-2008, 05:04 PM
I like dead fish, i had a tuna sandwich yesterday!
as much as i like tuna and also some other dead fishes, im not sure i'd want my water to smell like that

straightXed
08-20-2008, 05:05 PM
Shit, I been doing this for the best part of 2 years. Re-new the bottles every so often ovcourse, but this is something I am gonna watch out for now. Damn.

A lot of people re-use bottles so you think they would make the warnings a little more pronounced.

straightXed
08-20-2008, 05:06 PM
as much as i like tuna and also some other dead fishes, im not sure i'd want my water to smell like that

Are you thinking it would be bad for bathing in? It's a good point, i don't like to smell like dead fish, thats one reason i'm not a fish monger.

D1988
08-21-2008, 04:31 AM
A lot of people re-use bottles so you think they would make the warnings a little more pronounced.

Yeah, definately.

x'snoto's
08-21-2008, 03:18 PM
Where do I live? Oh just a little town called PoDunk Oklahoma. (I'm joking about the PoDunk part...but I'm surrounded by, well, hicks.)

xsecx
08-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Where do I live? Oh just a little town called PoDunk Oklahoma. (I'm joking about the PoDunk part...but I'm surrounded by, well, hicks.)

eh, you're landlocked, the fish smell is most likely not then, so that's at least something.

x'snoto's
08-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Yay! Artificial fish smell! (gag) Only the drinkable water that's been filterd smells like that. It's kinda weird how the clean water smells and the non-drinking water doesn't.