xsecx
08-18-2008, 07:02 PM
red ring of death.
sucks.

mouseman004
08-18-2008, 08:03 PM
red ring of death.
sucks.

My roommate's died about 4 months ago. He just got it back from being fixed yesterday.

xsecx
08-18-2008, 08:08 PM
My roommate's died about 4 months ago. He just got it back from being fixed yesterday.

man, if it takes 4 months I'm going to go insane.

mouseman004
08-18-2008, 09:24 PM
man, if it takes 4 months I'm going to go insane.

Oh no, it doesn't take that long to get it fixed, he was just lazy and wouldn't send it out. Once he sent it out it only took a couple of weeks to get it fixed.

D1988
08-19-2008, 08:23 AM
That sucks Dusty. Hopefully you can get it repaired with no real problems. Good luck with Microsoft support, that will be good times.

Mines hasn't done it yet, I thought it would have by now and I am still sure I will get the ring of death one of these days.

xsecx
08-19-2008, 08:43 AM
That sucks Dusty. Hopefully you can get it repaired with no real problems. Good luck with Microsoft support, that will be good times.

Mines hasn't done it yet, I thought it would have by now and I am still sure I will get the ring of death one of these days.

I got mine at launch so I thought I was safe. oh well hopefully it'll be quick and I can get it back next week.

D1988
08-19-2008, 10:58 AM
I got mine at launch so I thought I was safe. oh well hopefully it'll be quick and I can get it back next week.

From what I hear it takes like 4 weeks dude. But I ain't sure. Don't think you will get it back by next week.

Aren't the consoles from launch date up until a certain time, the ones that are likely to get the red lights? It's the consoles made after a certain date that are OK?

I read it was something to do with the soldering in the first released consoles was made from lead free materials, which after quite a bit of use and alot of heat build up breaks apart. This was fixed in the newer builds of the consoles as they used different soldering materials which don't screw up under heavy use and temperatures. Again not 100% on all of this.

xsecx
08-19-2008, 11:32 AM
From what I hear it takes like 4 weeks dude. But I ain't sure. Don't think you will get it back by next week.

Aren't the consoles from launch date up until a certain time, the ones that are likely to get the red lights? It's the consoles made after a certain date that are OK?

I read it was something to do with the soldering in the first released consoles was made from lead free materials, which after quite a bit of use and alot of heat build up breaks apart. This was fixed in the newer builds of the consoles as they used different soldering materials which don't screw up under heavy use and temperatures. Again not 100% on all of this.

most of the stuff I've seen is that in the US it's pretty quick, since they aren't repairing and sending, they're just taking in and sending already refurbed ones back out to people. From what I've read that they've done things to decrease the chances but I've seen people with elite ones bought last year failing.

D1988
08-19-2008, 04:11 PM
most of the stuff I've seen is that in the US it's pretty quick, since they aren't repairing and sending, they're just taking in and sending already refurbed ones back out to people. From what I've read that they've done things to decrease the chances but I've seen people with elite ones bought last year failing.

Ah, I see. Much better service than we have here then.

Never knew that some of the Elite's were doing the same. Guess it's something that they cannot fix 100%.

They are releasing a new version called the Pro I heard also, think it's basically the same but with a 60GB HDD. So many versions of the same damn thing. Instead of developing these they should get cracking on with developing and Xbox 3.0 to bury Sony even more haha.

xsecx
09-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Ah, I see. Much better service than we have here then.

Never knew that some of the Elite's were doing the same. Guess it's something that they cannot fix 100%.

They are releasing a new version called the Pro I heard also, think it's basically the same but with a 60GB HDD. So many versions of the same damn thing. Instead of developing these they should get cracking on with developing and Xbox 3.0 to bury Sony even more haha.

it's on its way back to me....

D1988
09-03-2008, 10:31 AM
it's on its way back to me....

Awesome.

Just in time for NHL09 buddy.

xsecx
09-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Awesome.

Just in time for NHL09 buddy.

yes, just in time to not play it. ever

xWiglex
09-13-2008, 01:07 PM
yes, just in time to not play it. ever

Damn.. i like NHL , the only problem is that they make a new one eatch year.. ( the bloody corporation.. ).

Any DDR games on the 360 ??? XD

yourforgottenmemory
10-10-2008, 04:41 PM
i've been consdiering buying a 360 but the red ring scares me.....does it only happen with older versions? like the ones that were available at launch or what? if i do buy mine it won't be until about june of next year. so i'm hoping for another big price drop between here and there

xsecx
10-10-2008, 07:44 PM
i've been consdiering buying a 360 but the red ring scares me.....does it only happen with older versions? like the ones that were available at launch or what? if i do buy mine it won't be until about june of next year. so i'm hoping for another big price drop between here and there

it's mostly the older ones but I have read about it happening to some newer ones, but honestly it was completely covered by microsoft and didn't take that long. I think they're planning on dropping the price again this christmas.

yourforgottenmemory
10-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Well that's good to know. Thanks for the info. Hopefully when i go to buy it they will be only like $150! Haha that's just crazy! Nex-gen console at $150...I think one of the main reasons for me to get a 360 is for ninja gaiden...when i first saw that i was like yeah ummm i'm getting a 360 now. Absoloutley love the series