PDA

View Full Version : beijing 2008

straightXed
08-05-2008, 01:39 PM
For the last week there as been an abundance of television programs making reports about china, some have been really quite surreal, most obviously focusing on the smog issue. But i was just wondering if anyone is looking forward to the olympics? and if so is there any particular events you are anticipating?

rodrigo
08-05-2008, 01:54 PM
For the last week there as been an abundance of television programs making reports about china, some have been really quite surreal, most obviously focusing on the smog issue. But i was just wondering if anyone is looking forward to the olympics? and if so is there any particular events you are anticipating?
i like those where they have to jump and pole vault

straightXed
08-05-2008, 02:08 PM
i like those where they have to jump and pole vault

I'm looking forward to the basketball and boxing most of all and of course the football. but theres loads of stuff that i am looking forward to.

xvunderx
08-05-2008, 04:01 PM
I'm looking forward to the WuShu event, a few people I knew tried out for the US team so it'll be interesting to see if any one I know is on there.

xvunderx
08-05-2008, 04:03 PM
I'm looking forward to the WuShu event, a few people I knew tried out for the US team so it'll be interesting to see if any one I know is on there.

Bugger scratch that looks like they didn't manage to get it included in the end. that sucks.

straightXed
08-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Bugger scratch that looks like they didn't manage to get it included in the end. that sucks.

I got all excited for a couple of seconds then read this.

xvunderx
08-05-2008, 05:15 PM
I got all excited for a couple of seconds then read this.

yeah I had been looking forward to it all this time and just saw on line it never came to be. They are running a wushu comp along side the Olympics but I doubt it'll make it over.

D1988
08-06-2008, 04:11 AM
Seeing some things on the news recently that quite alot of Chinese terrorist groups are plotting attacks on the Olympic Games which really does suck. But apparently security is very very tight. I hope it doesn't put to much of a damper on the running of the games, always good to watch the events such as boxing and football aswell as the track events.

straightXed
08-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Well its all done with, london next!!! Britain did really well, i was hoping we would hold on to third overall but 4th is pretty good if you ask me. Usain bolt's 100m was probably my favourite moment of the games.

xsecx
08-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Well its all done with, london next!!! Britain did really well, i was hoping we would hold on to third overall but 4th is pretty good if you ask me. Usain bolt's 100m was probably my favourite moment of the games.

mine was the british boxer that got bit and then sounded like a total jackass after he won gold and got boo'd by the crowd.

straightXed
08-25-2008, 01:01 PM
mine was the british boxer that got bit and then sounded like a total jackass after he won gold and got boo'd by the crowd.

He was funny in interviews, he kept getting things wrong about who won what and there was a little brittish diver who is really young (tom daley) that kept correcting him!!

xsecx
08-25-2008, 01:03 PM
He was funny in interviews, he kept getting things wrong about who won what and there was a little brittish diver who is really young (tom daley) that kept correcting him!!

when he was getting interviewed by an american he kept ignoring the questions and kept asking the guy who he thought won. that guy just fits the essex/chav stereotype perfectly.

straightXed
08-25-2008, 01:23 PM
when he was getting interviewed by an american he kept ignoring the questions and kept asking the guy who he thought won. that guy just fits the essex/chav stereotype perfectly.

Completely, he mentioned he wanted to get a mcdonalds after and the BBC presenter said "or any other fast food chain" so it wasn't backing any particular chain. He kind of gave a simple looking stare at the presenter and then just said "yeah, whatever, whatever".

xAllTheRagex
08-25-2008, 02:24 PM
Yes Britain did brilliantly, to everyones amazement. Haha. I didn't watch much of it, but the BMX-ing event was great. First time in the Olympics as well I think.

mouseman004
08-25-2008, 03:42 PM
I personally liked when the Cuban Tae Kwon Do fighter smoked the ref in the face. And then instead of apologizing, he and his manager just kept justifying it.

straightXed
08-25-2008, 04:02 PM
I personally liked when the Cuban Tae Kwon Do fighter smoked the ref in the face. And then instead of apologizing, he and his manager just kept justifying it.

That was actually quite noteworthy, i forgot about that.