PDA

View Full Version : You're edge, they're drug addicts. How do you socialize and have fun?

xCrucialDudex
07-30-2008, 02:16 PM
The title of this thread says it all, actually. Inspired by a recent thread in this forum.

Most of people I meet get drunk. And they love it as much as I don't. It's no fun sitting by their side and seeing them getting drunk. It might be some fun but honestly I always feel like there are better things to do than just that.. but whenever I try and suggest some alternatives that don't include alcohol drinking or whatever people doesn't seem interested at all. They feel like I'm asking them to participate in something that is off the wall and alien to them. It seems the idea itself of doing something like tea drinking instead of beer makes them uneasy.

Perhaps, if someone feels like giving a piece of advice on how to establish a better relationship with those who love getting drunk/high it's high time to share your experience and ideas.

xWiglex
07-30-2008, 03:55 PM
The title of this thread says it all, actually. Inspired by a recent thread in this forum.

Most of people I meet get drunk. And they love it as much as I don't. It's no fun sitting by their side and seeing them getting drunk. It might be some fun but honestly I always feel like there are better things to do than just that.. but whenever I try and suggest some alternatives that don't include alcohol drinking or whatever people doesn't seem interested at all. They feel like I'm asking them to participate in something that is off the wall and alien to them. It seems the idea itself of doing something like tea drinking instead of beer makes them uneasy.

Perhaps, if someone feels like giving a piece of advice on how to establish a better relationship with those who love getting drunk/high it's high time to share your experience and ideas.

I don't know.. my best friends a drinker/smoker/and he usually the guy who meet's a gal , ****'s her and , NEXT !

But , hes mu best friend.. and that's becouse we are totally bifferent ! It's just more fun .

TIPS : Well , the easiest to score a freindship with are punks ( although a lot of them hate the edge , they already know about it.. and just won't buzz you on that ); A good thing too tell when someone freaks out on why you never drink is " Well , you get more stuff to drink and you'r the one who argues ?? " ; Try not to be friends with Very-addicted people these will always try to break you down ; Be a friend outside of where they do drugs.. If you woulden't know the person and rejected a beer offer he would be like " So you don't respet me ? " but if you knew him " What you'r chiken " you'd punch him (friendly) and get a friendly fight ( for fun ) and he'd accept you and wouldent care... friends are more inportant then drugs ( well , if the persons not a HUGE addict )

mouseman004
07-30-2008, 11:16 PM

Just go out with them and have as much fun sober as they have drunk. When I go out I am usually just as outgoing or as loud as my friends are when they are hammered. I do the same types of things they do, just without the alcohol. For example, Kareoke, dancing, just generally hanging out.

xCrucialDudex
07-31-2008, 12:36 AM
Just go out with them and have as much fun sober as they have drunk. When I go out I am usually just as outgoing or as loud as my friends are when they are hammered. I do the same types of things they do, just without the alcohol. For example, Kareoke, dancing, just generally hanging out.

I usually do just that but I often realize that it's unbelievably boring to be by the side of hammered folks. I just can't help myself... I feel genuinely bored. I see how people's minds change under the influence of alcohol and how that affects what they think and say and consequently do to have fun while under the influence of alcohol/dope. This sort of makes it pretty hard for me to socialize with them if you see what I mean... They talk shit, they act real stupid, they're no fun at all.

Of course, there are some friends of mine who drink alcohol and we have no trouble socializing but these are people I know for long years. The absolutely or relatively new people I meet they are different in this respect.

Pilaf
07-31-2008, 01:13 AM
A lot of my friends who enjoy recreational drugs have one or two things in common with me.

We're both gamers, and both music fans usually. Aside from that I like anime, giant robot/monster movies, geek stuff like that, which a lot of stoners seem to enjoy.

It's rare I meet a person I have absolutely nothing in common with. I get along better with the stoners than the typical redneck types usually.

straightXed
07-31-2008, 03:56 PM
find something you both can enjoy and do that. Hardly rocket science.