PDA

View Full Version : eSports

xWiglex
05-11-2008, 08:57 AM
I've been into eSports a lot ( not mutch progress , but fine results) . The last thing the reminded me about competing was the fact that WarSow ( the game witch i started at version 0.12 , the newest is 0.42 ) . Is now a Leading eSport discipline ( i had a chance , but i didn't think it would be big , so i quit the game ) . Now i regret quiting , and a lot !!

anyone into eSports here ?

EDIT ( forgot my starter kit ) :

e-sportsman's starter kit :

WCG the biggest eSport event ( mutch like the eSports olimpics (http://www.worldcybergames.com)

eSports on wikipedia.org (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esports#Playing_electronic_sports)

a free gaming league (http://clanbase.com/)

D1988
05-11-2008, 09:45 AM
So online gaming?

If so yeah, I play Half Life, not so much now and I also play alot of games on Xbox Live if this counts as e-sports?

xWiglex
05-12-2008, 08:22 AM
So online gaming?

If so yeah, I play Half Life, not so much now and I also play alot of games on Xbox Live if this counts as e-sports?

Well eSports is proffesional gaming ... But you can say that anyone who's ever been to a gaming tournament is an eSports kid..

About Xbox Live : there are some ClanBase league's that accept Halo3...

D1988
05-12-2008, 09:12 AM
Well eSports is proffesional gaming ... But you can say that anyone who's ever been to a gaming tournament is an eSports kid..

About Xbox Live : there are some ClanBase league's that accept Halo3...

So how do you determine if someone is a pro gamer? I was in the best Half Life clan around when I played actively, does that make me a pro?

xsecx
05-12-2008, 09:22 AM
So how do you determine if someone is a pro gamer? I was in the best Half Life clan around when I played actively, does that make me a pro?

did you have a sponsor and/or get paid for it?

D1988
05-12-2008, 10:50 AM
did you have a sponsor and/or get paid for it?

I think we had minor sponsors for some of the tournaments but nothing major, and no we didn't get paid. But I see where you are coming from.

xsecx
05-12-2008, 10:55 AM
I think we had minor sponsors for some of the tournaments but nothing major, and no we didn't get paid. But I see where you are coming from.

some kids actually make bank off it now. which I find completely insane.

D1988
05-12-2008, 12:45 PM

Yeah, some dude from Birmingham who started and got noticed through Half Life now plays lots of games and gets paid to go all over the world and play. I read an interview with him and he "trains" for 8 hours everyday on new games. Can't remember his name but his name in Half Life was Garpy. He seriously was untouchable though,so good.

straightXed
05-12-2008, 01:31 PM

Its like they say, find a job you love and you'll never have to work again!

510hxc
05-13-2008, 02:13 AM
Yeah, some dude from Birmingham who started and got noticed through Half Life now plays lots of games and gets paid to go all over the world and play. I read an interview with him and he "trains" for 8 hours everyday on new games. Can't remember his name but his name in Half Life was Garpy. He seriously was untouchable though,so good.

That's crazy.

xWiglex
05-17-2008, 10:43 AM
BTW : as soon as Starcraft II come's out , ill start training . And it's probobly will be my only chance to beat the koreans ( now i can't be any good in Starcraft cuz they played years before me and know a lot more then i do ) . But im totally rushing for the WCG 2009 StarCraft II championchip ( i probobly won't succed , but i'll try like hell ) .

xWiglex
06-27-2008, 03:40 AM
By The Way : anyone coming to this years WCG , it's in germany ?

xvunderx
06-27-2008, 06:52 AM
Its like they say, find a job you love and you'll never have to work again!

I did that and it's lie! I have the best job ever and still dread Mondays.

straightXed
06-27-2008, 10:44 AM
I did that and it's lie! I have the best job ever and still dread Mondays.

its better than dreading everyday at least!

xWiglex
10-03-2008, 05:28 AM
its better than dreading everyday at least!

Agreed..