PDA

View Full Version : Fashion-Core

xdarkestxhourx
11-26-2003, 01:16 PM
I used to be sXe, and and had a battle with drungs, but now im totally clean again. Now these kids at school are assholes to me, and sometimes at shows as well. any input on this would be appreciated.

flame_still_burns
11-26-2003, 02:10 PM
i'm failing to see where 'fashion-core' relates to your post.

there is no doubt about it, when you stop being straighedge, it cheapens the movement. kids are being assholes to you because you went back on your word. i had some great friends who were straightedge, then quit, only to come back again... they have since left again. it takes time before you can fully trust their intentions. you can't come and go as you please...

just give it time. if you are serious about this... the kids will stop being assholes after awhile.

stay away from those drungs.

xsecx
11-26-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by flame_still_burns

there is no doubt about it, when you stop being straighedge, it cheapens the movement. kids are being assholes to you because you went back on your word. i had some great friends who were straightedge, then quit, only to come back again... they have since left again. it takes time before you can fully trust their intentions. you can't come and go as you please...

just give it time. if you are serious about this... the kids will stop being assholes after awhile.

pretty much what he said. every action in life has consequences. You made a mistake, now take your lumps.

Baby Doll
11-26-2003, 04:15 PM
so what about fashioncore??

sabresnmets
11-26-2003, 04:22 PM
fashion-core and drungs, huh?

me_without_u
11-29-2003, 01:29 PM
...IMHO fashion-core is a proper name for all these poseur-hc-guys who wear their vans,emerica,quicksilver,fred perry just 2 look like hc-ones...hc isn`t in their hearts...hc is just a kinda fashion 4 `em)))...yeah, now i got it!!! they`re fuckin` fashion-core-idiots...fake ones...!!!

Baby Doll
11-30-2003, 01:34 PM
ermmm....let me think...

i don't know if i agree with u in 100%

linsee
11-30-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by me_without_u
...IMHO fashion-core is a proper name for all these poseur-hc-guys who wear their vans,emerica,quicksilver,fred perry just 2 look like hc-ones...hc isn`t in their hearts...hc is just a kinda fashion 4 `em)))...yeah, now i got it!!! they`re fuckin` fashion-core-idiots...fake ones...!!!

thats not what fashioncore is here at all, clothes wise and other things

xdarkestxhourx
12-03-2003, 05:48 PM
i dunno why i called it fashion-core.. but it does seem to be a problem around here. kids are into the fasion, not the music.

AxZxHxC
12-03-2003, 10:06 PM
In my opinion, once you break edge, you can never be edge again.

xHOWIEX
12-11-2003, 12:04 PM
clothes shouldnt be a part of hardcore. I just throw on a t shirt a shit pair of jeans and dirty trainers to go out. But conciously trying not to look fasionable is a trend in itself, its just as bad as choosing the "in" clothes to wear. people should just love the music and not th image.

xHOWIEX
12-11-2003, 12:05 PM
And yes i agree, if you break edge, your not fit to get back into it., if you fall out of straightedge, you make it a less credible movement, and it seems more like an adolecent phase or joke.

Nikon
12-12-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by xHOWIEX
clothes shouldnt be a part of hardcore. I just throw on a t shirt a shit pair of jeans and dirty trainers to go out. But conciously trying not to look fasionable is a trend in itself, its just as bad as choosing the "in" clothes to wear. people should just love the music and not th image.

well said. I agree with you 100%. I don't really care what I have on. Half the time I don't even notice what t-shirt I am wearing, but I am comfortable.

Chance301
12-12-2003, 04:31 PM
everyone cares about their image and what others think of them so shut up youre not fooling anyone. and if youre not now you never were. straight edge is a lifetime commitment and if you break, it means you werent dedicated in the first place

straightXed
12-12-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Chance301
everyone cares about their image and what others think of them so shut up youre not fooling anyone. and if youre not now you never were. straight edge is a lifetime commitment and if you break, it means you werent dedicated in the first place

wow, so bands like youth of today and gorilla biscuits and numerous others weren't dedicated?

xsecx
12-12-2003, 05:33 PM

and you're how old to be talking about life long commitments?

xHOWIEX
12-12-2003, 05:37 PM
whats age go to do with it?

xsecx
12-12-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by xHOWIEX
whats age go to do with it?

a lot. would you trust an 18 year old with a marriage?

sabresnmets
12-12-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by xsecx
a lot. would you trust an 18 year old with a marriage?

absolutely not ive been there. which is why i see my daughter on weekends. bad 19 year old decisions(wouldnt change a thing if i could)

Chance301
12-15-2003, 12:49 AM
and you're how old to be talking about life long commitments?

does it matter? i could be 11 and still mean waht i say. straight edge is a lifelong commitment, i dont have to be in my 30's to realize that. suggestion: get off my dick

XprennaX
12-15-2003, 05:46 AM
does it matter? i could be 11 and still mean waht i say. straight edge is a lifelong commitment, i dont have to be in my 30's to realize that. suggestion: get off my dick

At 18 you have no idea how your life is gonna go so you can't make a lifetime commitment to anything because you're still changing and (supposedly) growing up. When I was 18 I was hooked on coke and other substances and I was pretty sure that was my lifetime commitment. Here I am at 25 having been edge for 3 and a half years. If you'd have told the 18 year old me that I'd go edge at 21 he would've laughed in your face.

suggestion: stop being so much of a dick

xsecx
12-15-2003, 06:08 AM

the only people that think that age and experience don't matter are the young.

You could mean what you say all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of people that are straight edge now, won't be edge past college. At 17 or 18 you have no comprehension of how your life is going to turn out or what kind of person you're going to be.

sabresnmets
12-15-2003, 06:38 PM
yeah seriously, i have changed so much since i was 18 and im only 24, so that just goes to show, you really dont know whats gonna happen. i did most of my maturing over the past one to two years, i changed who i hang out with, what i do (obviously) and what i want to do with my life.

Chance301
12-15-2003, 10:57 PM
i didnt even say anything about MY lifetime commitment and everyones alreayd ony my nuts. straight edge is a lifetime commitment, and thats just the way it is. even people that arent edge know that. now i gotta listen to a bunch of people preach to me about shit they minsunderstood. god damn

sabresnmets
12-16-2003, 12:08 AM
i didnt even say anything about MY lifetime commitment and everyones alreayd ony my nuts. straight edge is a lifetime commitment, and thats just the way it is. even people that arent edge know that. now i gotta listen to a bunch of people preach to me about shit they minsunderstood. god damn

your a cocky little fuck arent you? dude your like 9 and you talk like your 30, all this is, is some helpful advice from people who have been through some shit and you turn it around to be a bunch of "shit".

Chance301
12-16-2003, 11:11 AM
it aint my fault you people took what i said the wrong way

xsecx
12-16-2003, 11:28 AM
it aint my fault you people took what i said the wrong way

either that or you like to backpedal and blame other people .

Chance301
12-16-2003, 02:01 PM
either that or you just love starting online arguements

xsecx
12-16-2003, 02:46 PM
either that or you just love starting online arguements

when 3 seperate people interpret what you say one way, it's not a matter of us taking it the wrong way.

Chance301
12-16-2003, 02:49 PM
ok youre right. arguement done

coughslashcool
12-16-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by flame_still_burns

sxe isnt a movement.

Chance301
12-16-2003, 03:13 PM
thats not up to you to decide

xsecx
12-16-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by coughslashcool
sxe isnt a movement.

and you're saying this based on what?

coughslashcool
12-17-2003, 02:49 AM
and you're saying this based on what?

based on the fact that straight edge isnt about changing anything, its about a personal conviction and how you choose to live your own life.

straightXed
12-17-2003, 04:52 AM
based on the fact that straight edge isnt about changing anything, its about a personal conviction and how you choose to live your own life.

Surely lots of people doing the same thing with the same aim, although the aim isn't to change society as a whole, is still a movement?

SgtD
12-17-2003, 05:20 AM
good point...

xsecx
12-17-2003, 08:01 AM

so when you have a personal conviction and you choose to live your life in a specific way, that's not a change? Living as an example isn't a catalyst for change? People don't share thoughts and experiences in hopes of change? I'm saying, how can you listen to any amount of straight edge hardcore and think it's not about change?

deliriumtremens
12-17-2003, 05:18 PM
your a teenager, and youv came to the conclusion that drugs and alcohol aint needed? What experiences have you had with them? do u question the info u get from SXE bands at all? Drugs r great wen ur sellin em!

straightXed
12-17-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by deliriumtremens
your a teenager, and youv came to the conclusion that drugs and alcohol aint needed? What experiences have you had with them? do u question the info u get from SXE bands at all? Drugs r great wen ur sellin em!

Drugs are not good wether you are selling them or taking them, i'm from the other side of the track so i can safely say i've made a choice based upon first hand knowledge of drugs. But i truly believe that it means shit really, i mean experiances of drugs can be losing someone close to them or a parent with drinking problems or just someone who is educated enough to know why they are bad and thus never needing to learn the hard way. Now i am sensing that you have already come to conclusions of straightedge, what experiences have you had with it?

deliriumtremens
12-17-2003, 05:53 PM
what is wrong with drinking alcohol moderately, the odd pint o stout or glass o wine has been proven to help health, all straight edge sez is that ppl dont have strengh of mind to stop becoming alcoholics. same goes for drugs

straightXed
12-17-2003, 06:09 PM
what is wrong with drinking alcohol moderately, the odd pint o stout or glass o wine has been proven to help health, all straight edge sez is that ppl dont have strengh of mind to stop becoming alcoholics. same goes for drugs

Whats wrong with not drinking? Seriously answer that.

also, how the fuck can you say straight edge says people don't have the strength of mind to avoid alcoholism? Are you living in cloud fucking cookoo land?

You know what has been proven more substantially? That not drinking and not doing drugs is bloody good for you!

I am now telling you that you don't know what straightedge is, and have little experience of it and that its pretty idiotic to be promoting drugs at a straightedge website. are we at potheads.com saying straightedge is great kids?

Chance301
12-17-2003, 06:19 PM

the health benefits have nothing to do with the wine. you can get those same health benefits from a glass of pure juice

coughslashcool
12-17-2003, 08:35 PM
so when you have a personal conviction and you choose to live your life in a specific way, that's not a change? Living as an example isn't a catalyst for change? People don't share thoughts and experiences in hopes of change? I'm saying, how can you listen to any amount of straight edge hardcore and think it's not about change?

a movement would entail trying to change on a larger scale, IE the civil rights movement. how you change your own life for personal gain, no matter how many other people are believing the same thing, is not a movement. nothing is trying to bring a change in anyone else's life.

xsecx
12-17-2003, 08:50 PM
a movement would entail trying to change on a larger scale, IE the civil rights movement. how you change your own life for personal gain, no matter how many other people are believing the same thing, is not a movement. nothing is trying to bring a change in anyone else's life.

so what do you think all those bands have been singing about over the last 20 years?

b : a series of organized activities working toward an objective; also : an organized effort to promote or attain an end <the civil rights movement>

deliriumtremens
12-18-2003, 05:45 AM
god i h8 americans

xsecx
12-18-2003, 07:29 AM
god i h8 americans

since you're clearly a troll and not a very good one, give me 1 reason why I shouldn't delete you?

deliriumtremens
12-18-2003, 09:42 AM
you probably should.

xsecx
12-18-2003, 09:47 AM
you probably should.

fair enough. done and done.

sabresnmets
12-19-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by straightXed
Are you living in cloud fucking cookoo land?

that had me pissing my pants.

straightXed
12-20-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by sabresnmets
that had me pissing my pants.

I appologise, i hope you are dry again now

sabresnmets
12-20-2003, 01:01 PM
for now, i have a weak blatter.....oh shit there i did it again!

straightXed
12-20-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by sabresnmets
for now, i have a weak blatter.....oh shit there i did it again!

bladder perhaps?

sabresnmets
12-20-2003, 04:35 PM
wow dude thats two straight posts you replied to, correcting my mistakes. when i go back to school can you proof read my papers? thank you. blatter b-l-a-t-t-e-r blatter.

coughslashcool
12-22-2003, 09:20 PM
so what do you think all those bands have been singing about over the last 20 years?

b : a series of organized activities working toward an objective; also : an organized effort to promote or attain an end <the civil rights movement>

those singers have been singing about what they believe in, they werent singing about trying to make everyone else sxe...that and how much the scene changed and how their friends sold out.

what are the bands trying to promote an end to? the end of everyone drinking?

straightXed
12-23-2003, 05:08 AM
those singers have been singing about what they believe in, they werent singing about trying to make everyone else sxe...that and how much the scene changed and how their friends sold out.

what are the bands trying to promote an end to? the end of everyone drinking?

That there scene you mention, you know the diy one which has had everyone working toward a common objective, the one that has been speaking out against a myriad of other scenes/groups/movements trying to co opt it or to use the powerful nature of that scene to give their own message more clout. The scene which has remained the vehicle the common beliefs of people ionvolved in that scene for over 20 years, thats a movement. A movement doesn't have to be so singular as to want to end everyone drinking there is way more scope to something being a movement, and the bands aren't the only thing to be promoting what it is, its the whole scene as one a collective group of people with the same aim.

bnotloved
12-23-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by me_without_u

i agree much! but hey, vans are pretty fuckin cumffy shoes man! and to the kid that started the post, if they give you shit for being clean, they're idiots but if they give you shit for being a user, then they;re your friends... thats all i have to say. stay clean man; you've got support here-sxe

coughslashcool
12-23-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by straightXed
That there scene you mention, you know the diy one which has had everyone working toward a common objective, the one that has been speaking out against a myriad of other scenes/groups/movements trying to co opt it or to use the powerful nature of that scene to give their own message more clout. The scene which has remained the vehicle the common beliefs of people ionvolved in that scene for over 20 years, thats a movement. A movement doesn't have to be so singular as to want to end everyone drinking there is way more scope to something being a movement, and the bands aren't the only thing to be promoting what it is, its the whole scene as one a collective group of people with the same aim.

yeah, youre talking about hardcore, not just straight edge.