PDA

View Full Version : In Other Climes

xCrucialDudex
02-03-2008, 09:07 AM
I've discovered this band specifically their album 'Sword of Vengeance'. This is a decent metalcore recording. I'm not really into metalcore but this album is awesome and I can't seem to resist temptation to listen to it over and over again.

Anyone else likes them?

PROPER JERK
02-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Sounds just like every other metalcore band, same robotic style guitar riffs, same metalcore 101 singing and lets not forget the brutal mosh!

Do not want.

xCrucialDudex
02-04-2008, 11:43 AM
dunno
sounds pretty cool to me

PROPER JERK
02-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Yeh well I didn't mean any offence :) just isn't my thing I guess.

xCrucialDudex
02-05-2008, 04:31 AM
I don't like metalcore that much either :^) In fact, this is the secod metalcore record I really loved. The first was album Killing With A Smile by Parkway Drive. Sometimes I enjoy this robotic brutal sound. Can't help a thing ^^

PROPER JERK
02-06-2008, 07:25 AM
Haha now Parkway Drive would have to be my most hated mainly because over here I have a million people who I meet say oh you are one of those hardcore kids you must fuckin love parkway right, but yes I understand what you mean I have a few guilty pleasures myself.

xcriterionmasterx
02-06-2008, 11:00 AM
you hate i killed the prom queen, too?

i never understand why people hate bands for things beyond their music, that has nothing to do with the music they produce. although it wouldn't surprise me if you hated the music, too. so it is all good. i actually like anything i can move to, and don't look for too much talent in "breakdown music". i just want to dance to it. and they were good live. entertaining for sure.

PROPER JERK
02-06-2008, 05:15 PM
you hate i killed the prom queen, too?

i never understand why people hate bands for things beyond their music, that has nothing to do with the music they produce. although it wouldn't surprise me if you hated the music, too. so it is all good. i actually like anything i can move to, and don't look for too much talent in "breakdown music". i just want to dance to it. and they were good live. entertaining for sure.

I killed the prom queen are shit dudes... I don't hate parkway drive, they are good dudes that have helped Australian hardcore bands get some recognition and be able to play shows they normally would not be able to.

JoeyX
02-06-2008, 10:31 PM
I don't like metalcore that much either :^) In fact, this is the secod metalcore record I really loved. The first was album Killing With A Smile by Parkway Drive. Sometimes I enjoy this robotic brutal sound. Can't help a thing ^^

Parkway Drive? hahaha, I hate those bands. The only metalcore type bands I like, are Years Spent Cold, and Killswitch Engage. I feel stupid enough liking Killswitch Engage haha, let alone retarded bands like Parkway Drive, or I killed the prom queen. That shit is horrible haha.

Years Spent Cold, and Killswitch Engage, only 2 metalcore bands I listen to. I wouldn't consider Years Spent Cold metalcore though really, I'd consider them more just metal. I don't know, I like them, and to me they don't sound like the other stupid metal/metalcore bands out there.

xCrucialDudex
02-07-2008, 04:11 AM
I lied. Parkway Drive's album was second metalcore recording I liked. The first was War of Ages by War of Ages. What I mostly like about Parkway Drive and Other Climes is the music itself. Parkway Drive's lyrics is somewhat dumb to me. In Other Climes is tolerable while War of Ages have some really nice lyrics in my eyes.

xcriterionmasterx
02-07-2008, 08:11 AM
I lied. Parkway Drive's album was second metalcore recording I liked. The first was War of Ages by War of Ages. What I mostly like about Parkway Drive and Other Climes is the music itself. Parkway Drive's lyrics is somewhat dumb to me. In Other Climes is tolerable while War of Ages have some really nice lyrics in my eyes.
war of ages is amazing. they come from my home town. i am seeing them live for like the fourth time feb. 16th. i am glad someone else on here likes them. if you haven't listened to the song "strength within" check it out.

xCrucialDudex
02-07-2008, 03:26 PM
i've listened to their debust self-titled record and two subsequent albums too. The first album after self-titled was good but not AS good as self-titled. I like that raw, kind of "unpolished" sound of the first self-titled recording. The second one was interesting enough but only interesting. As for Fire From The Tomb I didn't really get why guys would record all the same stuff again and play it just differently. I guess I was expecting new songs not some kind of remixes.

Anyway, the very first self-titled album is damn cool.

xcriterionmasterx
02-08-2008, 07:39 AM
yeah, they weren't fans of the way the self-titled was recorded, and thought they could do it much better. but i don't think they needed to touch it. i prefer the original.

xCrucialDudex
02-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Me too :) Original is simply wonderful.