PDA

View Full Version : New Found Glory

stepinsideissue
01-23-2008, 12:19 PM

Offical Press Release-Copy & Pasted

In April 2008, Boston's hardcore punk label Bridge Nine Records is partnering up with a band called New Found Glory to release the Tip Of The Iceberg EP on CD, 7", and digital formats. To some, it may seem like an unlikely partnership. To Bridge Nine and New Found Glory, it's makes perfect sense. New Found Glory's guitar player, infamous hardcore kid, and Gorilla Biscuits vinyl collector extraordinaire Chad Gilbert stated, "When we began New Found Glory, we were just a couple of kids from the hardcore scene playing in a punk band. Even today, there are still hardcore kids that support NFG so it's awesome to put something out for them and it's also a chance for us to show recent NFG fans the scene where the band started and the bands who inspired us to begin in the first place. Now that we've got some time in between contracts, it's nice to take some time and do whatever we want and write and record music with no pressure."

Featuring three New Found Glory originals and three cover songs, this a release that shows an inspired band having fun making a record for themselves and their supporters. The Tip Of The Iceberg EP pays tribute to the bands and the people who inspired New Found Glory throughout their career as they reached their success over the last decade with three gold albums and turning into a household name worldwide.

Bridge Nine Records' owner Chris Wrenn stated, "New Found Glory has always been a band that hardcore kids have liked, and they are not one of those bands that came from nowhere and threw out a few hardcore nods for credibility's sake. The first time I met the band was when I was with Champion in Australia a few years ago. The guys came out to the show, hung out, and they were cool guys. It's common to have bands with hardcore kids playing pop punk songs and some are pretty big bands, but there were guys doing the same thing a decade before in basements and garages and they got the idea from New Found Glory.

The Tip Of The Iceberg EP was recorded with Paul Miner (of Death By Stereo notoriety) who was also at the helm for NFG's last two proper albums, Coming Home as well as the recent From The Screen To Your Stereo II. The artwork is going to be by hardcore illustration legend Sean Taggart, made famous for his work on classics by Agnostic Front and the Crumbsuckers as well as supplying artwork for more recent Bridge Nine releases from Mental and Think I Care.

The band is gearing up for a European and UK tour with Paramore right now and expect plenty of announcements in the coming months- Yet another reason we're psyched about 2008.

If for some reason you don't know what NFG sounds like, there's always Itunes to help you out

rodrigo
01-23-2008, 12:59 PM
do you know what covers are gonna be in?

xGriffox
01-23-2008, 04:29 PM
psyched. NFG is the shit.

D1988
01-23-2008, 05:46 PM

Theres a Gorilla Biscuits cover apparently.

Looking forward to this.

PROPER JERK
01-23-2008, 05:56 PM
Theres a Gorilla Biscuits cover apparently.

Looking forward to this.

Yeh they do a few GB covers, that will be cool if one makes it on.

SgtD
01-24-2008, 01:38 AM
I've always thought their music was annoying. Especially the singer's voice.

D1988
01-24-2008, 03:00 AM
I've always thought their music was annoying. Especially the singer's voice.

WELL SORRY DINI! Let's all listen to some chun chun mosh metalcore and mosh on each others faces because Dini doesn't like New Found Glory. :P

rodrigo
01-24-2008, 07:40 AM
WELL SORRY DINI! Let's all listen to some chun chun mosh metalcore and mosh on each others faces because Dini doesn't like New Found Glory. :P
well, dini has a point with the voice, its kinda annoying. i like em anyway

SgtD
01-24-2008, 09:05 AM
mosh metal?
shut up and preorder the new TFS 7" on all 175 colours available!

D1988
01-24-2008, 09:22 AM
mosh metal?
shut up and preorder the new TFS 7" on all 175 colours available!

Allready pre-ordered both colours buddy.

stepinsideissue
01-24-2008, 12:44 PM

Nah not yet I don't. I haven't had time to go look really. Got this off of myspace from Bridge Nine.

On a side note I agree with the annoying voice but am with you I still like them.

SgtD
01-25-2008, 02:31 AM
Allready pre-ordered both colours buddy.
what about the other 173?

D1988
01-25-2008, 02:58 AM
what about the other 173?

They do not exist. But if they did, I would sure buy them.

SgtD
01-25-2008, 03:02 AM
They do not exist. But if they did, I would sure buy them.
haha, i'm sure you would!

D1988
01-25-2008, 03:07 AM
haha, i'm sure you would!

Don't tell me your bands gonna have 100+ pressings on different colours? My Gyalázat collection could be a difficult one.

SgtD
01-25-2008, 03:11 AM
Don't tell me your bands gonna have 100+ pressings on different colours? My Gyalázat collection could be a difficult one.
think about the possiblities the test presses, acetates, alternate sleeves, matrixes, mix-ups, stamps, etchings and hand written messages give us!

D1988
01-25-2008, 03:14 AM
think about the possiblities the test presses, acetates, alternate sleeves, matrixes, mix-ups, stamps, etchings and hand written messages give us!

Don't, thats sort of talk get's me all warm inside.

When your first record comes around, I hope you do a friends press, I hope I get one, and I hope you guys write me a cool message on there, that would be awesome! Oh and a test press too! :)

SgtD
01-25-2008, 03:23 AM
Don't, thats sort of talk get's me all warm inside.

When your first record comes around, I hope you do a friends press, I hope I get one, and I hope you guys write me a cool message on there, that would be awesome! Oh and a test press too! :)
i'll keep that in mind. vinyl version of the assassination split hopefully will come true, so there's a chance

D1988
01-25-2008, 03:24 AM
i'll keep that in mind. vinyl version of the assassination split hopefully will come true, so there's a chance

Sweet. I love you Dini.

stepinsideissue
01-27-2008, 02:39 AM

Yeah speaking of which DINI!!!! where's my cd?

SgtD
01-28-2008, 02:03 AM
Yeah speaking of which DINI!!!! where's my cd?
as soon as we get them, you can count on it.