PDA

View Full Version : Sick Of It All

sxeforlife555
12-08-2007, 06:45 PM
I just started listening to SOIA, and I am curious. Are they edge? I know in an interview it says they are, but are they really? I just don't know. I mean they all look like they smoke and drink and do drugs. Thanks for the help.

xsecx
12-08-2007, 07:53 PM
I just started listening to SOIA, and I am curious. Are they edge? I know in an interview it says they are, but are they really? I just don't know. I mean they all look like they smoke and drink and do drugs. Thanks for the help.

not at all. if they said it in an interview they were joking.

XDARYLSTRAWBERRYX
12-08-2007, 07:54 PM
nope, they're definitely not edge and have never been an edge band. awesome band though, make sure you check out "scratch the surface" and "built to last" if you haven't already...those are the best SOIA album in my opinion. i'm going to see them in february w/ madball.

xsecx
12-08-2007, 07:57 PM
nope, they're definitely not edge and have never been an edge band. awesome band though, make sure you check out "scratch the surface" and "built to last" if you haven't already...those are the best SOIA album in my opinion. i'm going to see them in february w/ madball.

scratch the surface is ok, but blood, sweat and no tears is way better than their later stuff.

rodrigo
12-08-2007, 08:03 PM
i dont like much of scratch the surface, i specially like blood, sweat and no tears and built to last. and that live in a dive one.

sxeforlife555
12-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Actually in the interview, it said they don't call themselves anything, they don't do anything, and pete doesn't do anything. But, thanks.

xsecx
12-08-2007, 09:51 PM
Actually in the interview, it said they don't call themselves anything, they don't do anything, and pete doesn't do anything. But, thanks.

which interview?

PROPER JERK
12-08-2007, 10:53 PM
i dont like much of scratch the surface, i specially like blood, sweat and no tears and built to last. and that live in a dive one.

Yeh Scratch The Surface was what gave me a bad taste of Sick Of It All, it wasn't till later when I heard their other stuff did I start liking them.

D1988
12-09-2007, 07:50 AM
scratch the surface is ok, but blood, sweat and no tears is way better than their later stuff.

Couldn't agree more.

rodrigo
12-09-2007, 10:10 AM
which interview?
you know i think i read one some years ago where they say something like that.
i dont recall what they said actually but said something like pete and lou were straight edge, armand was vegan and craig was whatever the fuck he wanted, like some days he says he is straight edge and other days something else. i could be wrong though, it was a really long time ago. but as a band, they said they werent.
or something like that

xsecx
12-09-2007, 10:15 AM
you know i think i read one some years ago where they say something like that.
i dont recall what they said actually but said something like pete and lou were straight edge, armand was vegan and craig was whatever the fuck he wanted, like some days he says he is straight edge and other days something else. i could be wrong though, it was a really long time ago. but as a band, they said they werent.
or something like that

if that's the case, then they're massively lying. back in the day, i had a friend that dated lou and he was pretty damn far from straight edge.

rodrigo
12-09-2007, 10:20 AM
if that's the case, then they're massively lying. back in the day, i had a friend that dated lou and he was pretty damn far from straight edge.
yeah, probably... or maybe i just didnt understand what they said, i wasnt so bright in english back then

sxeforlife555
12-09-2007, 02:28 PM
http://www.straightedgelifestyle.moonfruit.com/sickofitall/4512636712

^ That interview.

stepinsideissue
12-09-2007, 09:20 PM

hardcore reality fresh for '89 you suckas! I sorta like Life on the ropes too. Not to fond of scratch the surface as well.

sxeforlife555
12-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Ironically enough, Scratch The Surface is actually the album I got. I put it on my ipod, but then I took it off, because I didn't like them.

SgtD
12-11-2007, 09:07 AM
in the interview i made lou said for some extent that they used to experiment with drugs when they were young, but now, he only drinks an occasional glass of red wine with a meal. craig told me he was drug free again, but he had a period of time when he was heavily into pot, adn didn't do anything just smoke it all day. armand drinks, but pete is drug free, either way neither craig nor pete claim to be edge. when i asked craig if that was because he sold out before, he got mad, and told me how he played in yot, he wasn't a jerk about it though. wish i could link the interview, my former webzine's site is down for good.

D1988
12-11-2007, 09:43 AM
Apparently Sick Of It All are playing here in April next year.

I'll go see them again. Good times.

SgtD
12-12-2007, 04:43 AM
Apparently Sick Of It All are playing here in April next year.

I'll go see them again. Good times.
they always put on a great live show.

D1988
12-12-2007, 08:53 AM

Oh yeah definately, super energetic even after all these years.

straightXed
12-12-2007, 11:11 AM

Quite vocal about people not downloading their shit too!!!