PDA

View Full Version : DWID's Halloween Special on DISSONANCE Radio

Danger Mike
10-31-2007, 08:20 PM
DISSONANCE is a weekly hardcore show on community station Radio CPR in Washington, DC.

This week, former guest, friend and INTEGRITY frontman Dwid Hellion was gracious enough to produce a special Halloween episode for DISSONANCE for me. Enjoy a spooky evening with Dwid reading some of his own fiction, interviewing artist Stephen Kasner, filmmaker Larry Wessel, and Living Hell's Craig Mack, and playing an assortment of terrifying tunes.

Happy Halloween from Dwid, DISSONANCE and Radio CPR!

http://dissonance.libsyn.com

Guest Host: Dwid Hellion (Integrity, Psywarfare, Sledgehammer, Roses Never Fade) |

Playlist:
Dwid reads "The Raven" by Guido Gezelle |
Dwid reads "Hellhounds" |
interview with artist Stephen Kasner ( Works: 1993 - 2006) |
Stephen Kasner feat. James Plotkin - Blood Fountain |
interview with Craig Mack (Living Hell) |
Living Hell - Malleus Dei |
Pulling Teeth - Dead Is Dead |
Vegas - Cure My Heart from Beating |
Vegas - Rhythm of Decline |
Shoot to Kill - North |
Ringworm - Hangman |
Pale Creation - Kaliira |
Roses Never Fade - Rosa Italia |
Roses Never Fade - The Man They Want to Hang |
interview with filmmaker Larry Wessel ( Iconoclast) |
Dwid Hellion and Boyd Rice - Total War |
Boyd Rice & Friends - Disneyland Can Wait |
Scorpion Wind - Never Forget |
Boyd Rice & Friends - I'd Rather Be Your Enemy |

Direct download: Dwid's Halloween Special ( http://media.libsyn.com/media/dissonance/Dissonance_10-31-07_Dwids_Halloween_Special.mp3 )

http://libsyn.com/images/dissonance/Integrity_flyer_libsyn_copy_copy_1.jpg

http://libsyn.com/images/dissonance/woodcut_libsyn_flyer.jpg

D1988
11-01-2007, 03:40 AM
This station is actually really good, I downloaded some of the podcasts a few weeks ago and they were a good listen.

Danger Mike
11-02-2007, 03:15 PM
This station is actually really good, I downloaded some of the podcasts a few weeks ago and they were a good listen.

Thanks man, I'm glad you liked them.

Other episodes feature guests including Ian MacKaye, John Stabb, Allison Wolfe of Bratmobile, Ian Svenonius of Nation of Ulysses, Ken and Mike of Damnation AD, and members of Scream, Darkest Hour, Frodus, Q and no U, the Dismemberment Plan, Striking Distance, Cloak/Dagger, Lion of Judah, and graffiti artist BORF.

Follow the link above to the Dissonance page above to download them.

XXX
===

SgtD
11-02-2007, 04:48 PM

Other episodes feature guests including Ian MacKaye, John Stabb, Allison Wolfe of Bratmobile, Ian Svenonius of Nation of Ulysses, Ken and Mike of Damnation AD, and members of Scream, Darkest Hour, Frodus, Q and no U, the Dismemberment Plan, Striking Distance, Cloak/Dagger, Lion of Judah, and graffiti artist BORF.

Follow the link above to the Dissonance page above to download them.

XXX
===
sounds good, i'll grab some stuff!

D1988
11-02-2007, 05:55 PM

Hey, no problem, I just wish I could listen to them on air rather than the podcasts but they are a good listen at work anyhow.

From the ones I checked out the Ian Mackaye one was very good.

I think what you guys need to do is have a guest on and have a youth crew theme, that would make me very happy.

Danger Mike
11-05-2007, 09:23 AM
I think what you guys need to do is have a guest on and have a youth crew theme, that would make me very happy.

It's true, I haven't had an all youth crew show yet, maybe someday. Youth crew was never that big in DC. It was more of a NY/Connecticut phenomenon, while the late 80s/early 90s here were dominated by Fugazi and the Safari Club scene (Swiz and others).

However we have hosted Ken Olden and Jason Hamacher of Battery, Jason Mazzola of Count Me Out (in the Cloak/Dagger show), and poked fun at Ray & Porcell on the "When Good Punk Goes Bad" episode.

xsecx
11-05-2007, 09:29 AM
It's true, I haven't had an all youth crew show yet, maybe sometime. Youth crew was never that big in DC. It was more of a NY/Connecticut phenomenon, while the late 80s/early 90s here were dominated by Fugazi and the Safari Club scene (Swiz and others).

However we have hosted Ken Olden and Jason Hamacher of Battery, Jason Mazzola of Count Me Out (in the Cloak/Dagger show), and poked fun at Ray & Porcell on the "When Good Punk Goes Bad" episode.

you mean Jason Hamacher of Frodus.

there were tons of youth crew shows at the safari though, just no local bands to speak of. Battery was definitely a direct result of those bands and shows.

Danger Mike
11-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Jason was also in Battery, as well as Decahedron, Mancake, and Combatwoundedveteran.

While it's true there were some youth crew bands in the Safari club era, it was never as big here as in NY, New England and the west coast. Battery was a great band, but never dominated the hardcore scene the way YOT and their crowd did 10 years before.

xsecx
11-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Jason was also in Battery, as well as Decahedron, Mancake, and Combatwoundedveteran.

While it's true there were some youth crew bands in the Safari club era, it was never as big here as in NY, New England and the west coast. Battery was a great band, but never dominated the hardcore scene the way YOT and their crowd did 10 years before.

I totally forgot about mancake.

No bands since YOT or GB dominated the hardcore scene as a whole, so it's not a fair statement. The early/mid 90's had tons of bands, but none have reached iconic status. That being said Battery had a hand in everything that came after them, including the youth crew revival headed up by TYF and the other boston bands.

Danger Mike
11-05-2007, 12:14 PM
That's a perfectly fair statement.

Youth crew didn't catch on in DC like it did in other places when it was at its original height. In 1989, when hardcore kids in NY were listening to Start Today, DC kids were listening to Margin Walker and Hell Yes I Cheated. DC didn't produce a widely regarded youth crew act with until a decade later with Battery, and even their legacy lived on longer in Europe than it did here.

xsecx
11-05-2007, 02:24 PM
That's a perfectly fair statement.

Youth crew didn't catch on in DC like it did in other places when it was at its original height. In 1989, when hardcore kids in NY were listening to Start Today, DC kids were listening to Margin Walker and Hell Yes I Cheated. DC didn't produce a widely regarded youth crew act with until a decade later with Battery, and even their legacy lived on longer in Europe than it did here.

yeah, but to be fair, dc didn't produce many widely regarded hardcore acts during that time either. Revolution summer had come and gone at that point. Swiz and maybe Dag Nasty, were both one offs, things didn't pick up again until the very early 90s with worlds collide/ashes/battery. I'm saying, there's a reason why the first full length record was only the diehard remain.