PDA

View Full Version : alcohol free beer

xDOUGxDIGGLERx
11-15-2003, 10:42 AM
apu: i have this secret compartment disguised as an alcohol free beer fridge
lisa: what if someone wants an alcohol free beer?
apu: you know that has never come up

I admit that i like the taste of beer and miss it somewhat, as i don't like being made a spectacle of when my mates have a round of pints and i have a fruit juice. also fruit juice is way to sweet to drink all night.

So i say i drink about 2 cans of it a day.

does anyone disagree with indulging in fizzy hop juice, or does anyone think it is pathetic and tastes very bad.

I get so much stick from boozers asking to taste it and say how shit it tastes.

I know its playing with their insecurities.

straightXed
11-15-2003, 11:59 AM
I had non alcoholic beer once, it was grim. I like fruit juice and you don't have to drink it all night, just when you are thirsty but if its to sweet why not drink water? but i'm guessing you like the taste of non alcoholic beer.

flame_still_burns
11-15-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by straightXed
I had non alcoholic beer once, it was grim. I like fruit juice and you don't have to drink it all night, just when you are thirsty but if its to sweet why not drink water? but i'm guessing you like the taste of non alcoholic beer.

i've tasted beer like once and i hated the way it tasted. so i wouldn't even consider it...

i'm anti alcohol companies, which make the non-alcoholic beers. i think it's a bit of a conflict of interest to give them your money. are you asking if you can be straightedge and still drink it? anything that i would have to ask a group of strangers if it was okay, i'd probably just avoid.

linsee
11-15-2003, 07:54 PM
doesnt non alcoholic beer have a small amount of alcohol in it anyways

straightXed
11-15-2003, 08:10 PM
i think its about .05 %

xsecx
11-16-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by xDOUGxDIGGLERx
apu: i have this secret compartment disguised as an alcohol free beer fridge
lisa: what if someone wants an alcohol free beer?
apu: you know that has never come up

I admit that i like the taste of beer and miss it somewhat, as i don't like being made a spectacle of when my mates have a round of pints and i have a fruit juice. also fruit juice is way to sweet to drink all night.

So i say i drink about 2 cans of it a day.

does anyone disagree with indulging in fizzy hop juice, or does anyone think it is pathetic and tastes very bad.

I get so much stick from boozers asking to taste it and say how shit it tastes.

I know its playing with their insecurities.

the thing is that if you miss how it tastes, don't you think there's a decent chance you'll just go back to drinking it?

xvunderx
11-17-2003, 07:37 AM
i used to drink orange juice and tonic water. I personaly liked it, and it wasn't really sweet, deffinatly dry enough to drink all night.

On the spectacle note, they'll get bord eventualy and leave you alone for the most part. People used to give me hassle about not drinking alcohol at the pub, it was anoying, but I guess thats just what happens sometimes.

Munncha
11-17-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by xsecx
the thing is that if you miss how it tastes, don't you think there's a decent chance you'll just go back to drinking it?

Thats a guess.

About supporting the beer industry, thats a pretty valid point i think. Something rubs me the wrong way but...

as far as the .05% alcohol, your sauces/apple juice/whatever might have that, if you leave it sitting like i do. We don't go to sxe hell.

sabresnmets
11-18-2003, 12:37 AM
i love snapple does that have caffiene in it

xvunderx
11-18-2003, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by sabresnmets
i love snapple does that have caffiene in it

i think the ice tea does, but apart form that I don't belive so.

sabresnmets
11-18-2003, 04:45 PM
yeah thats the only one i like and i read it and the ingredients dont say caffeine on them .

xsecx
11-18-2003, 06:52 PM
yeah thats the only one i like and i read it and the ingredients dont say caffeine on them .

they don't have to list it if it isn't an additive. tea leaves have caffiene in them naturally, so there isn't a need for them to list it. like if you look at coffee products, like frappucinos, they won't list caffiene either.

sabresnmets
11-18-2003, 09:49 PM
well that sucks i drink so much snapple and i thought i was doing the right thing by drinking iced tea.

xsecx
11-20-2003, 08:01 AM
well that sucks i drink so much snapple and i thought i was doing the right thing by drinking iced tea.

it's not necessarily the wrong thing. and you can find decaf iced tea, some of which is really good. like turkey hill if you can get it.

sabresnmets
11-20-2003, 04:44 PM
yeah see heres the thing i fell in love with snapple and i dont think i could let it go.

xsecx
11-21-2003, 08:15 AM
yeah see heres the thing i fell in love with snapple and i dont think i could let it go.

turkey hill is seriously better than snapple.

sabresnmets
11-21-2003, 07:21 PM
ok ill try it but i dont know, im in love and the heart wants what it wants. 7902354-023

Baby Doll
11-22-2003, 09:40 AM
there is no difference for me if it's normal beer or alcohol free beer...

both sucks

sabresnmets
11-22-2003, 12:16 PM
i agree

x broadway x
12-12-2003, 07:32 PM
Eventhough it says non-alcoholic it still contains traces of alcohol but not enough to get drunk off of.

Not edge.