PDA

View Full Version : Emo Straight Edge?

hardcoretta
07-07-2007, 01:16 AM
Last saturday. Local Show.

I was just talking with friends outside the place when i saw a boy with the x in his hand and i was really amazed because there are NO STAIGHT EDGE girls/boys around here.

So i couldnt talk to him because he went inside, but i found out that he plays in a band called 'seven date' or something like it and they say they are 'emo hardcore' (they are nothing but EMO, check them out: www.myspace.com/7date). And i think 3 of them call themselves straight edge and they go around with their x's on their hands feeling they know it all, and they are just some really stupid kids.
I HATE when that happens. I hate stupid people like them.

PROPER JERK
07-07-2007, 03:35 AM
Ugh I know how you feel, It's like that here ever since I killed the prom queen wore vegan straight edge shirts and stuff there has been all these emo kids/scene kids claiming edge for a month or so having no clue what it is. The same way kids think hardcore is this style of death metal/core breakdown shit that is popular at the moment. Meh there is always going to be stupid people I try to not let it get to me.

mouseman004
07-07-2007, 08:10 AM
Last saturday. Local Show.

I was just talking with friends outside the place when i saw a boy with the x in his hand and i was really amazed because there are NO STAIGHT EDGE girls/boys around here.

So i couldnt talk to him because he went inside, but i found out that he plays in a band called 'seven date' or something like it and they say they are 'emo hardcore' (they are nothing but EMO, check them out: www.myspace.com/7date). And i think 3 of them call themselves straight edge and they go around with their x's on their hands feeling they know it all, and they are just some really stupid kids.
I HATE when that happens. I hate stupid people like them.

To be fair, they could be straight edge. Just because their band isn't hardcore doesn't mean that the members of the band can't be edge. For instance, 3 members of rise against are edge, but they aren't a hardcore band.

hardcoretta
07-07-2007, 10:05 AM
To be fair, they could be straight edge. Just because their band isn't hardcore doesn't mean that the members of the band can't be edge. For instance, 3 members of rise against are edge, but they aren't a hardcore band.

I know. But what i mean is that the guys are EMO! totally. And that just cant be.

hardcoretta
07-07-2007, 10:05 AM
Ugh I know how you feel, It's like that here ever since I killed the prom queen wore vegan straight edge shirts and stuff there has been all these emo kids/scene kids claiming edge for a month or so having no clue what it is. The same way kids think hardcore is this style of death metal/core breakdown shit that is popular at the moment. Meh there is always going to be stupid people I try to not let it get to me.

I'm trying to too. But its like in here thats something you just don't see... so its kinda frustrating.

XxXbassist
07-10-2007, 12:56 PM

They are melodic hardcore
hahaha

hxcsxe
07-11-2007, 02:56 PM
I know. But what i mean is that the guys are EMO! totally. And that just cant be.

im edge and know lots boput the edge scene and old hardcore but if u see me u think i had a clinche haircut ect, but hey judge on looks is not good,

but sum bands do sell edge too free!
to the wrong scene and its not there fault its jsut the way they are promoted

straightXed
07-11-2007, 03:32 PM
im edge and know lots boput the edge scene and old hardcore but if u see me u think i had a clinche haircut ect, but hey judge on looks is not good,

How is it not there fault, don't they have any control over how they are promoted?

PROPER JERK
07-11-2007, 11:57 PM

How hard is it to say no we don't want to move in that direction, although most bands do take whatever direction they are told to if it means more cash... there are few that don't.