PDA

View Full Version : random edge thought of the day

xsecx
06-20-2007, 01:22 PM
regarding selling out.

it's not that people change the bothers me about it, it's that most of the time, people were self destructive in terms of alcohol and drugs before and the likelihood of returning to that are pretty high.

straightXed
06-20-2007, 02:05 PM
regarding selling out.

it's not that people change the bothers me about it, it's that most of the time, people were self destructive in terms of alcohol and drugs before and the likelihood of returning to that are pretty high.

so do you think that regardless of the shit someone gets for selling out its like the easy choice? I have an old school friend that did a lot to turn his life around and get shit on track after prison and addiction and although he wasn't straightedge it still sucked to see his name in the paper again going back to prison for drug related charges.

xsecx
06-20-2007, 02:19 PM
so do you think that regardless of the shit someone gets for selling out its like the easy choice? I have an old school friend that did a lot to turn his life around and get shit on track after prison and addiction and although he wasn't straightedge it still sucked to see his name in the paper again going back to prison for drug related charges.

man that sucks, but yeah I do. sober living is hard. Even if it's a habit, it's still hard. There's always going to be a desire to escape from stress and pressure.

straightXed
06-20-2007, 02:52 PM
man that sucks, but yeah I do. sober living is hard. Even if it's a habit, it's still hard. There's always going to be a desire to escape from stress and pressure.

Yeah, its definitely not always easy. Like 10 years ago i was pretty self destructive myself and although i really don't desire my lifestyle from back then there are things i miss. Friends that i grew up with being one, i lost touch with a lot of people over the years of changing my lifestyle and it can seem like there could be an easy comfort found in doing things the majority of people do. I mean everyone i work with goes drinking, most smoke so i usually populate the non smoking canteen with very few other people but 1st of july will probably kerb that. I guess being awesome can be a lonely road at times!

rodrigo
06-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Yeah, its definitely not always easy. Like 10 years ago i was pretty self destructive myself and although i really don't desire my lifestyle from back then there are things i miss. Friends that i grew up with being one, i lost touch with a lot of people over the years of changing my lifestyle and it can seem like there could be an easy comfort found in doing things the majority of people do. I mean everyone i work with goes drinking, most smoke so i usually populate the non smoking canteen with very few other people but 1st of july will probably kerb that. I guess being awesome can be a lonely road at times!
it is and i kinda feel the same with everyone in school smoking and drinking, but luckily you can still have fun!

straightXed
06-22-2007, 09:59 AM
it is and i kinda feel the same with everyone in school smoking and drinking, but luckily you can still have fun!

I love fun, its one of my favourite things.

xsecx
06-22-2007, 10:02 AM
I love big fun, its one of my favourite bands.

there I fixed it for you.

straightXed
06-22-2007, 10:45 AM
there I fixed it for you.

Thats what i was trying to say, thanks!