PDA

View Full Version : Your Taste In Music

sXe Commish
05-27-2007, 02:01 PM
I'm curious to know what everyone's favorite music is. I realise that sXe is directly linked the hardcore/punk rock genre, but since I personally enjoy other types of music I've become curious.

I actually consider myself very wide-ranged when it comes to my tastes. One minute I'm listening to some Norma Jean, the next some A7X and then finnish off with Tool.

D1988
05-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Hardcore for me.

All Time Awesomeness -
Carry On
Floorpunch
In My Eyes
Gorilla Biscuits
Champion
A Step Apart

Other bands I love at the moment, some are euro bands -
No More Fear
Broken Distance
Good Clean Fun
Pointing Finger
Justice
The First Step
Have Heart

AModernMyth007
05-27-2007, 02:22 PM
I'm the same way, I listen to pretty much anything that fits under 'rock.' I don't like country or rap too much but some oldies stuff rocks pretty hard!

straightXed
05-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Aside from hardcore, which makes up the majority of the music i own, i like a lot of different music. I enjoy a lot of hip hop and especially like the more thought provoking and lyrically talented hip hop. Theres a bunch of other stuff i like, its usually a song or an artist i picked up from an old skate video or something, its often quite hard to actually track down what the song is too!

XxXbassist
05-27-2007, 10:35 PM
Im a Ska Guy myself
Ya know Streetlight Manifesto, Sounds like Chicken, The Aquabats, etc.

But love all music

sXe Commish
05-28-2007, 01:11 PM
I'm not particularly into Ska at the momment - but I do love the Toasters.

My top three right now are:

Chiodos, Protest The Hero and God Forbid

S110111
05-28-2007, 02:10 PM
Well, I listen to a lot of music, but I guess it comes down to metal, if not hardcore or some punk. Mainly American death metal, or some euro black metal.

Behemoth
Cradle of Filth (I'm aware that they're not black metal)
Cannibal Corpse
Cryptopsy
Dark Funeral
Darkthrone
Dimmu Borgir
Goatwhore
Gorgoroth
Mayhem

That kind of stuff

PROPER JERK
05-29-2007, 06:26 AM
Mainly hardcore, but I also listen to trance on some occasions... nothing hard trance just the really commercial pop stuff. I listen to Simon and Garfunkel whenever I want to relax and I often have my late night sessions of Bauhaus, Joy Division etc. Post punk stuff.

Anderson
05-29-2007, 06:28 AM
It's mostly Hardcore and punk for me, but I got into music with loud guitars because of bands like Metallica (before they sucked), Slayer and Anthrax, so sometimes when I need a blast from the past it's old thrash.

Paracetamol
05-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Hardcore is my favourite type of music. I don't like much pop punky stuff unless anyone classes DING as pop punk! Hip hop and anything with a good beat makes me want to dance. This is also probably why I like electronica/synth style music too although I'm becoming a bit disheartened with all that. I like acoustic style stuff too, but not any of this singer/songwriter stuff. That's all a bit dull. Aside from all that, I really like anything by Rachmaninov and anything that I can practise singing with.

rodrigo
05-31-2007, 07:04 PM
i like ska. tokio ska paradise orchestra, madness, skatalites, los fabulosos cadillacs.
also some punk, and a little less of chilean hip hop.

but the favourites always are operation ivy, 7 seconds, the clash and The mighty mighty bosstones

WorkingClassSkin
06-03-2007, 10:27 AM
Sounds stupid, but I like a bit of everything. OI!, Ska, Hardcore, whatever. If I find myself getting pissed in the garage working on something, I'll turn on the public radio station and rock some Classical something or other to calm down. I like a bit of Hip Hop or Rap (but I'm really picky about that stuff).

xGriffox
06-03-2007, 11:14 AM
all over the place. hardcore, crust, metal, ska, folk, sludge, punk whatever.
Some of my favorite bands at the moment:
integrity
catharsis
saves the day
the smiths
his hero is gone
trial
shai hulud
xCulturex
eyehategod
etc.

strombollii
06-05-2007, 12:11 AM
mostly hardcore/punk, just like everyone else

have heart
terror
xafbx
minor threat
gorilla biscuits
donnybrook
ramallah/blood for blood
evergreen terrace
hatebreed

etc.

but I also listen to the blues, folk (greg graffin's new album is incredible!), older punk, ska, and indie hiphop (sage francis, atmosphere)

xANTI-HUMANx
06-05-2007, 07:52 AM
Mostly punk, hardcore, and some metal. But some stuff from all over. I like some pop (not really American pop so much, but like TATU and some J-pop), powerpop, rap/hip-hop (Sage Francis). My favorite genres are psychobilly, crust, and hardcore (the faster stuff, Underminded is my favorite).

Purchase
06-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Well, I listen to a lot of music, but I guess it comes down to metal, if not hardcore or some punk. Mainly American death metal, or some euro black metal.

Behemoth
Cannibal Corpse
Cryptopsy
Dark Funeral
Darkthrone
Dimmu Borgir
Goatwhore
Gorgoroth
Mayhem

That kind of stuff

i have a very diverse library of music. i love many different kinds of metal as well as different kinds of rock. i also love punk, hardcore, some hip hop stuff (not the stuff you hear on the radio) i also like blues, jazz, acoustic, folk, jam, and classical. so i guess you could say that i like a little of everything

BornAgainVirginDrugs
06-17-2007, 12:43 PM
I like mathcore.

I like grindcore.

I also like:

Pig Destroyer, Gaza, The Locust, Assuck, An Albatross, Bodies in the Gears of The Apparatus, The Dillinger Escape Plan, The Abandoned Hearts Club

I also like the Gorillaz, Smashing Pumpkins, System of a Down, Dog Fashion Disco

Bad Acid Trip

BornAgainVirginDrugs
06-17-2007, 02:39 PM

Behemoth
Cannibal Corpse
Cryptopsy
Dark Funeral
Darkthrone
Dimmu Borgir
Goatwhore
Gorgoroth
Mayhem

That kind of stuff

Dimmu Borgir is not sXe.

You are not SxE.

Dimmu Borgir is gothic.

You are gothic.

straightXed
06-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Dimmu Borgir is not sXe.

You are not SxE.

Dimmu Borgir is gothic.

You are gothic.

Did you read the premise of this thread, its music that people listen to alongside hardcore.

M3D!C
06-17-2007, 09:26 PM
I'm curious to know what everyone's favorite music is. I realise that sXe is directly linked the hardcore/punk rock genre, but since I personally enjoy other types of music I've become curious.

I actually consider myself very wide-ranged when it comes to my tastes. One minute I'm listening to some Norma Jean, the next some A7X and then finnish off with Tool.

silverstein
senses fail
chiodos
the fall of troy
common curtis
Oh J
alesana
the used
scary kids
vanna
under0ATH
boys night out
norma jean
paramore
moneen

things of that nature

xCrucialDudex
07-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Aside from hardcore, which makes up the majority of the music i own, i like a lot of different music. I enjoy a lot of hip hop and especially like the more thought provoking and lyrically talented hip hop...

What are your favorite records and artists?

I do like very much INI and Pete Rock's (either his own or produced by him) records. InI's album "Center of Attention" (released back in 1995) is my favorite among hip-hop records. I listen to it a lot. Years after years. I think I really like it. And yes mainly because of the thought provoking lyrics and good jazzy music.

xCrucialDudex
07-09-2007, 02:50 PM
"My Own Worst Enemy" by Edo G (featuring Pete Rock) is very good to my taste too.

blacX sXull
07-20-2007, 04:46 PM
I love AFI and I hear AFI fans should look for Allyptic. Has anyone heard some Allyptic? Is it good or like some Evanescence shit?

xXx<-FALLEN->xXx
08-05-2007, 01:36 AM
wella t the time being i have no set genre. i think my top would be

UnderOath
The used
Breaking Benjamin
if hope dies
killswitch engage
fftl

Paracetamol
08-08-2007, 08:58 PM
currently enjoying MC Sniper's 'Gloomy Sunday'. Korean rap is good

xXx<-FALLEN->xXx
08-16-2007, 03:58 PM
I like mathcore.

I like grindcore.

I also like:

Pig Destroyer, Gaza, The Locust, Assuck, An Albatross, Bodies in the Gears of The Apparatus, The Dillinger Escape Plan, The Abandoned Hearts Club

I also like the Gorillaz, Smashing Pumpkins, System of a Down, Dog Fashion Disco

Bad Acid Trip

gorillaz arent sXe

your not sXe
gorrilaz are gay
what does that make u??
that makes no sence, because u listen to none sXe bands, sometimes doesnt make u non sXe
thats like saying elvis is dead so if u listen to him ur dead 2

and how sXe is a band called Bad Acid Trip

ERICxNOBODY
09-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Lets see, aside from HxC i listen to a lot of crap for example:

Ska:

Common Rider
Mark Foggo and the Skasters
Bad Manners
Mustard Plug
Animal Chin
The Chinkee's
MU330
Blue Meanies

Punk:

Anti-schism
A//Solution
Aus-Rotten
Millincolin
Choking Victim
Leftover Crack
Flipper
Flux Of PInk Indians
The Mob
Econochrist

mostly crust/streetpunk with a little early to mid 90's fat wreck/epitaph stuff

Hip Hop:

MC Paul Barman
Jedi Mind Tricks
Rick Ross
Blues Skolars
Wu-Tang

Electronic:

Mostly Drum N Bass, a lot of the early Jump up stuff
Bad Company, Marky, Pendulum, Ska, Friction, Hype, Zacharia, Rinse & flux/Rinse & dino
some good old gabber like neophyte, dj paul, Lenny D, Rotterdam Terror Corps, ect

i guess thats the basics, i've got probably close to 3000 records, becuase i have no life aside from music!

Cheers!

asiankaos
10-05-2007, 09:11 AM
I listen to everything except country and pop. Just browse my files on soulseek and you will see. My s/n is the same as on here.

asiankaos
10-05-2007, 09:12 AM
oh and no ska really

Laael Joubert
10-11-2007, 11:59 AM
DO you like "Bjork"? its not rap but its good stuff.

Laael Joubert
10-11-2007, 12:30 PM
I like more of you'r hatebreed, first blood, remembering never; kind'of hardcore.

blindwithbeauty
11-01-2007, 11:09 PM
i love hard core (especially oldschool hardcore), and punk, like :
- comeback kid
- madball
- warzone
- minor threat
- pennywise
- blink182
- frenzal rhomb
- rufio

but also i like listen to :
- angels and airwaves
- plus44
- transplants
- box car racers

sXe Commish
11-27-2007, 07:07 AM
Just got back. In awe to see my post is actually still up here after so long.

I'll keep it going and update you on my current tops.

Chiodos (Some members are Edge, others are not)
Protest the Hero (not edge)
Alesana (not edge)
Silverstein (Most are edge, others are simply clean cut)
A7X (obviously not edge, but the music is sick)
FFL (obviously generic emo scene but I still like it, shoot me)

I also like Under0ath and The Devil Wears Prada but their Christian Hardcore bullshit is starting to affect me and the lyrics are really pissing me off now.

Oh and yes - I still listen to some ska.. It may be dead by my bet is that Generic Emo will die and Prehistoric Emo and Ska will return! wooh!.

Lifestyle_X
12-02-2007, 05:12 AM
hardcore is kickass, but i rly like other things also like punk/metal/rock
oldies are great ! i'm now in my 'The Who' period :p and in 90's period, listening to Skunk Anansie, Archers Of Loaf, RHCP, The Verve, Nirvana, KoRn, ...

XDARYLSTRAWBERRYX
12-08-2007, 06:46 PM
aside from the core i listen to lots of indie stuff like:

-texas is the reason
-elliott smith
-knapsack
-embrace
-the jazz june
-garrison
-errortype 11

skate punk:

-no fun at all
-pennywise
-pulley
-good riddance
-nofx
-bad religion
-satanic surfers

hip hop:

-sage (and other sage related projects)
-aesop rock
-the beatnuts
-dead prez
-blackalicious
-jedi mind tricks

i also listen to tons of other shit..i have 1600+ cds and some vinyl too, so it's hard to pinpoint all of my favourite bands because there's so many.
-

Mr. Post It
12-15-2007, 07:59 PM
I Could listen to just aboot anything. Yeah, That's not really specific, I know.

stepinsideissue
12-16-2007, 03:47 PM
I Could listen to just aboot anything. Yeah, That's not really specific, I know.

I can loan you some of my moms Barry Manilow or Yanni cds then!

straightXed
12-16-2007, 04:03 PM

have you finnished with them then!

Mr. Post It
12-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Heck yeah! Lay that Barry Manilow on me! I Already have enough Yanni.

stepinsideissue
12-16-2007, 07:51 PM
have you finnished with them then!

Indeed I have. I have enough beverage coasters now. Thats the only use I'd have for those two!

yaslmiri
12-17-2007, 01:42 AM
Elvis Costello, Jack Off Jill, Manson, Buddy Holly, Darkthrone and Stravinsky are on my playlist rite now.

x[superball]x
12-17-2007, 11:48 AM
screamo, hardcore and ska)) and jazz^_^
some bands as gameness, saetia, dance macabre, caliban, bishop, black bomb a, comeback kid, skatalites, distemper (russian afa skapunk)) and catch22)

X5Y5T3MX
12-18-2007, 09:38 PM
I mainly like Rock/Metal. My favourite bands are:
Marilyn Manson, Korn, Rage Against The Machine, GWAR, Tool, A Perfect Circle, White Zombie.

Yeah..taste differs just a tad from everyone here lol.

Lifestyle_X
12-19-2007, 08:02 AM
Rage Against The Machine

neat ^^

hxcsxe
12-19-2007, 09:05 AM
im bjork to death metal me, but in my heart hardcore all the way

hxcsxe
12-19-2007, 09:06 AM
your flowinhardcore or your beatdown hardcore?

xCAMIx
01-18-2008, 01:36 AM
Both are good. Depends on the mood.

xcriterionmasterx
01-18-2008, 10:52 AM
beatles.
velvet underground.
kinks.
love.
bob dylan.
nick drake.
minor threat.
the cure.
david bowie.
nico.
[early] weezer.
cat stevens.

god, i don't feel like listing any more, just ask me. but i really listen to anything that is good. or anything with a breakdown that i can move to live.