PDA

View Full Version : New folks

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

xCrucialDudex
10-22-2010, 12:56 AM
How old are you?
16. (Dont hate, just cause im underage doesn't mean I wouldn't be able to get the shit. SXE for 2 years.)

Where are you from?
PENNSYLVANIA!

List some bands you are into at the moment.
xREPRESENTx, Earth Crisis, Minor Threat, The exploited, Have Heart, and throwdown.

What is the last record you bought?
Shit, I dont remember.

Choose either pile ons and sing alongs or spin kicks and two-step?
Pile ons. Love them.

What four sxe hxc bands, past or present, would you like to see play a show together?
Earth Crisis
Minor Threat
Have Heart
xREPRESENTx

Dude believe it or not most people (like 99%) here don't give a damn about how old you are. All that matters is what you are. So relax and welcome aboard!

Lifestyle_X
10-22-2010, 05:37 AM
I arrived here when I was 16 and look, I'm still here. Welcome !

c-m-punk
10-26-2010, 08:53 AM
How old are you?
20 ( been straight edge for 6 years)

Where are you from?
Co Down, Northern Ireland

disturbed, nickelback, fozzy, metallica, 18 visions, symphony cult

I think it was n-dubz - against all odds or disturbed - Indestructible

Pile ons and sing alongs

What four sxe bands, past or present, would you like to see play a show together?
Eighteen Visions, Minor Threat, Gorilla Biscuits and Bleeding Through

xVeganAnarchistx
10-26-2010, 12:19 PM
welcome man. good choice on biscuits in your lineup.

c-m-punk
10-26-2010, 04:15 PM
welcome man. good choice on biscuits in your lineup.

thanks, they were actually one of the first straight edge bands i herd

xXxsweetheart
11-02-2010, 12:29 PM
How old are you?

Where are you from?
Louisiana

probably 30 seconds to mars Idk and mostly Japanese bands

I have no earthly idea its been that long

sing alongs

What four sxe hxc bands, past or present, would you like to see play a show together?
Minor threat, H2O, and there's a girl band out I forgot there names but I'd like to see them

rodrigo
11-02-2010, 12:54 PM
How old are you?

Where are you from?
Louisiana

probably 30 seconds to mars Idk and mostly Japanese bands

I have no earthly idea its been that long

sing alongs

Minor threat, H2O, and there's a girl band out I forgot there names but I'd like to see them

hey there, welcom!

i dont think h20 is an straight edge band though

hope you stick around and post a lot

xXxsweetheart
11-02-2010, 05:55 PM
hey there, welcom!

i dont think h20 is an straight edge band though

hope you stick around and post a lot

Thanks! And yea I need to look into some more straight edge bands too I don't think any come here but I'll be sure to take a look around at different bands

rodrigo
11-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Thanks! And yea I need to look into some more straight edge bands too I don't think any come here but I'll be sure to take a look around at different bands

no probs, i'm pretty sure people here can show you tons of edge bands that will fit right into what you like, if you like h2o, wich are pretty good on my book.

CarlaRant
11-02-2010, 10:18 PM

Welcome welcome!

jhrabak
11-02-2010, 10:26 PM
How old are you?
Where are you from?
Las Vegas
Gorilla Biscuits, Faded Grey,
Tomorrows Gone-No Way to Make Time Stand Still
pile ons and sing alongs
Minor Threat, Champion, Have Heart, Gorilla Biscuits

xVeganAnarchistx
11-03-2010, 12:28 PM
welcome! sxe in sin city (that must get very old for you but i cannot help myself) cool! welcome post alot and gorilla biscuits rock

El Moro
11-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Welcome all!

xXxApostatexXx
11-16-2010, 02:01 PM
How old are you?
I am 18 years old :] Almost 19

Where are you from?
I'm from a lot of places, but I currently live in California.

I'm into Suffocation, Cannibal Corpse, Vader, Bloodbath, just now starting to really appreciate Destroyer 666, Judas Preist, W.A.S.P., Agathodaimon, Dio, Nile, Pathology and Tyr mostly :]

The last album I bought was Vader's Litany. I finally fund it when we were in West Hollywood the other day at Amoeba Music. Amazingly huge selection!

Pile ons and sing alongs:]

I don't listen to hardcore, and I REALLY don't think any of the bands I listen to are straigh edge. Luckily, that doesn't matter to me:] They're music is amazing!

xmtlx
11-20-2010, 08:03 AM
i'm new so here's my story
my name is Geert

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Horst, The Netherlands

Shockwave, Third Strike, Merauder, Inhuman

Close your eyes - we will overcome
Pile ons and sing a longs

Earth Crisis, Third Strike, The Promise, Have Heart

CarlaRant
11-20-2010, 08:30 AM
Welcome Geert...oh man, I haven't heard Shockwave in years! Are they still around?

Timmi D
11-24-2010, 09:25 AM

clitheroe/sheffield uk

Anti-flag, stampin' Ground, Throwdown, Bleeding Through are the only sxe bands i know of on my i-tunes, i dont care if there sxe or not tbh i by music i wanna here!

i think the last album i bought was 'corpus christi'

pile ons and sing alongs

Also how do i put an avatar on my posts

straightXed
11-24-2010, 10:51 AM

clitheroe/sheffield uk

Anti-flag, stampin' Ground, Throwdown, Bleeding Through are the only sxe bands i know of on my i-tunes, i dont care if there sxe or not tbh i by music i wanna here!

i think the last album i bought was 'corpus christi'

pile ons and sing alongs

Also how do i put an avatar on my posts

do you want to hear some bands that are straight edge?

as for the avatar go to "UserCP" near the top of the page then under "your control pannel" on the left click on "Edit Avatar" - its about a third of the way down under the settings and options title. From there it is pretty much self explanitory.

Timmi D
11-25-2010, 03:50 AM
do you want to hear some bands that are straight edge?

as for the avatar go to "UserCP" near the top of the page then under "your control pannel" on the left click on "Edit Avatar" - its about a third of the way down under the settings and options title. From there it is pretty much self explanitory.

thanks mate

Lifestyle_X
11-25-2010, 06:36 AM
Welcome to the board ! I just googled your location, it sounds funny to me.
Also, have you seen any of those bands live ?

Timmi D
11-25-2010, 09:43 AM
its a weird place mate lol. only band iv seen out of that lot is stampin' ground

radical
12-06-2010, 12:41 PM
What's up folks!

My name's Tim, I'm 21 and I live in Ukraine. I'm currently into Deftones and various glitch\experimental\ambient\industrial electronic music.

My last purchased record would be "100th Window" by Massive Attack. Usually just buy music online or just download it.

Pile ons and sing alongs and pogo dancing! LOL

I'd defo love to see Earth Crisis - the one straight edge band I'd really love to see live, but would also enjoy to see 7 seconds.

I wish there were more straight edge bands that made quality music in terms of professional recording mixing and stuff... DIY is good but it's just so hard for me to listen to low-quality home made recordings. The new earth crisis album is f*cking awesome!

rodrigo
12-06-2010, 01:00 PM
What's up folks!

My name's Tim, I'm 21 and I live in Ukraine. I'm currently into Deftones and various glitch\experimental\ambient\industrial electronic music.

My last purchased record would be "100th Window" by Massive Attack. Usually just buy music online or just download it.

I'd defo love to see Earth Crisis - the one straight edge band I'd really love to see live, but would also enjoy to see 7 seconds.

I wish there were more straight edge bands that made quality music in terms of professional recording mixing and stuff... DIY is good but it's just so hard for me to listen to low-quality home made recordings. The new earth crisis album is f*cking awesome!

welcome, to be honest i havent heard a home made recording in a shitload of years and i kinda miss them.

xCrucialDudex
12-06-2010, 01:01 PM
What's up folks!

Welcome aboard!

Actually, there are a few bands that made good quality recordings. Check out Опозицiя (http://www.myspace.com/opozicia), Ray (http://www.myspace.com/rayisalive), Villainz United (http://www.myspace.com/villainzunited), Memorials, etc.

What part of Ukraine are you from?

SgtD
12-06-2010, 02:52 PM
What's up folks!

howdy neighbour!

Lifestyle_X
12-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Hey and welcome, Massive Attack is cool music !

radical
12-07-2010, 07:52 AM
Hey and welcome, Massive Attack is cool music !
Yep! But their latest productions are slightly different from what they used to make back in say 2005...

radical
12-07-2010, 08:12 AM
welcome, to be honest i havent heard a home made recording in a shitload of years and i kinda miss them.

Yeah well me neither, but usually most sxe bands tend to record their stuff at cheap local "basement studios" or at home, and very seldom do they focus on the quality. And its a shame. But on the other hand its good cause it stays underground and has less chance of turning into mainstream, which is very unlikely to happen anyway:)

radical
12-07-2010, 08:26 AM
a picture of the sky through the window at work I took about 10 minutes ago.
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7061/image0003l.jpg

rodrigo
12-07-2010, 08:35 AM
Yeah well me neither, but usually most sxe bands tend to record their stuff at cheap local "basement studios" or at home, and very seldom do they focus on the quality. And its a shame. But on the other hand its good cause it stays underground and has less chance of turning into mainstream, which is very unlikely to happen anyway:)

you need to start checking out more bands, i would say that the quality of recordings in hardcore has been real good since a shitload of years now. straight edge bands are not the exception.

CarlaRant
12-07-2010, 09:58 PM
a picture of the sky through the window at work I took about 10 minutes ago.
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7061/image0003l.jpg

Gorgeous!

xVeganAnarchistx
12-08-2010, 09:33 AM
welcome aboard and enjoy your stay

achangedman
12-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Hi,

Back in HS I didn't really understand straight edge. I thought it was more or less another punk movement. I claimed edge because technically I was edge. However, I sort of quit claiming and started drinking and partying. I guess it was where I was young. It took me to this point in my life to really understand what it's about. I was wanting to know if I can still claim edge because in all reality, I had never really claimed edge. Now, I'm staying clean of alcohol and have quit smoking. Also, I've never really had promiscuous sex or sex period. Of course I did some things in my youth but all in all I've kept my commitment of no sex. I feel good and have dropped friends who have been bad influences. Also, I'm going to become a vegetarian when my second semester of college rolls around. I hope that my youthful stupidity doesn't exile me from the edge. Thanks for the help.

-achangedman

rodrigo
12-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Hi,

Back in HS I didn't really understand straight edge. I thought it was more or less another punk movement. I claimed edge because technically I was edge. However, I sort of quit claiming and started drinking and partying. I guess it was where I was young. It took me to this point in my life to really understand what it's about. I was wanting to know if I can still claim edge because in all reality, I had never really claimed edge. Now, I'm staying clean of alcohol and have quit smoking. Also, I've never really had promiscuous sex or sex period. Of course I did some things in my youth but all in all I've kept my commitment of no sex. I feel good and have dropped friends who have been bad influences. Also, I'm going to become a vegetarian when my second semester of college rolls around. I hope that my youthful stupidity doesn't exile me from the edge. Thanks for the help.

-achangedman

hey, welcome

well, you can pretty much be whatever you want, if its a concious decision about it then there's nothing wrong with it. everybody makes mistakes, everybody changes at some point, so dont let that discourage you.

xVeganAnarchistx
12-13-2010, 04:31 PM
i think people who consciously choose it are the best. I mean think about it or whatever. but if you want to, we are not a forum to stop you!

metaldemented
12-19-2010, 04:33 AM
Hi
i've been looking into straight edge for about a year now and i still cant figure out exactly what it is. i don't want to claim i'm edge without firstly knowing exactly what it is incase i am wrong and start to give straightedge a bad name in my area, as its a very small scene here, could someone please explain exactly what it is, Thanks

Skin-e

xsecx
12-19-2010, 07:55 AM
Hi
i've been looking into straight edge for about a year now and i still cant figure out exactly what it is. i don't want to claim i'm edge without firstly knowing exactly what it is incase i am wrong and start to give straightedge a bad name in my area, as its a very small scene here, could someone please explain exactly what it is, Thanks

Skin-e

what do you think it is?

metaldemented
12-19-2010, 10:57 AM
wel from what i can gather so far the main points are that its a subculture of people sharing a love of hardcore music and abstaining from alcohol, smoking and drugs. i have also seen quite a few places mentioning veganism and no sex and as i am a meat eater and am in a long term relationship wondered if these were fundamental beliefs within straight edge, i also noticed something about militant activity and gang like violence and again as i am not a violent person i wondered how fundamental this is.
some of the other things i came across which worried me a little were so to speak neo nazi skin head groups claiming straight edge, and was looking to know hoe common this was as i dont share these beliefs.
however i do not drink anymore or smoke or do drugs i quit the first two a year ago and although i have had a couple of drinks over the year and the odd smoke but want to cut it out alltogether and live a clean life, so it would be muchly appreciated if u could answer my questions and add anything i have missed
thanks
Skin-E

Marion
12-19-2010, 01:01 PM
wel from what i can gather so far the main points are that its a subculture of people sharing a love of hardcore music and abstaining from alcohol, smoking and drugs. i have also seen quite a few places mentioning veganism and no sex and as i am a meat eater and am in a long term relationship wondered if these were fundamental beliefs within straight edge, i also noticed something about militant activity and gang like violence and again as i am not a violent person i wondered how fundamental this is.
some of the other things i came across which worried me a little were so to speak neo nazi skin head groups claiming straight edge, and was looking to know hoe common this was as i dont share these beliefs.
however i do not drink anymore or smoke or do drugs i quit the first two a year ago and although i have had a couple of drinks over the year and the odd smoke but want to cut it out alltogether and live a clean life, so it would be muchly appreciated if u could answer my questions and add anything i have missed
thanks
Skin-E

All the militancy stuffs/violence is way over-represented (because that's "newsworthy"). That was mostly the theme of my thesis of last year. Most straight edge kids reject those stuffs.
As far as veganism, it's part of my thesis of this year... so far, I've found out that there are some relations (because of some sxe bands promoting it etc) but no one believes you have to be a vegan or a vegetarian (except for 1 person on the dozen I've interviewed so far, and all my readings confirmed that people clearly do not think it is anything near necessary). About the sex thing, some people think you shouldn't be sleeping around, but many also think it has nothing to do with sxe beliefs. And anyway, if you're in a committed relationship, no one will ever tell you you're not straight because of that.
Hope it helped! I thought that my many many many hours of research might as well be of little help haha.
And some people may not agree with me, because the straight edge subculture is just so vast, different and encompasses such a variety of people that it is impossible to describe what it means to every single straight edge kids.

metaldemented
12-19-2010, 04:15 PM
thanks i found this very helpful, it has cleared things up for me, goin to do some more research before i fully commit but it seems to be the way to go for me :) thanks :)

Marion
12-20-2010, 01:17 AM
thanks i found this very helpful, it has cleared things up for me, goin to do some more research before i fully commit but it seems to be the way to go for me :) thanks :)

You're welcome! I like your idea of clearly knowing what straight edge is before claiming ;) I did the same thing.
Ask if you have other questions! Me or anyone else will be glad to answer them, I'm sure.

xarielx
12-20-2010, 11:35 AM
And some people may not agree with me, because the straight edge subculture is just so vast, different and encompasses such a variety of people that it is impossible to describe what it means to every single straight edge kids.

Its true we all have different beliefs, different approaches, like me and my friends for example we get hated for being edge people talk about you and stuff like that, they want to fight you for no reason, but then again is up to you if your going to fight back and defend your pride, there are posis and theyre different opinions, but trust me they are going to TAG you saying OMG he dosent do the shit we all do! Even the sxe kids are going to be like he's new wuts up with that kid, dudes that are 30 yrs old are trying to beat me up just because they think e're stealing their scene hahaha and they are old as hell!

Marion
12-20-2010, 12:37 PM
Its true we all have different beliefs, different approaches, like me and my friends for example we get hated for being edge people talk about you and stuff like that, they want to fight you for no reason, but then again is up to you if your going to fight back and defend your pride, there are posis and theyre different opinions, but trust me they are going to TAG you saying OMG he dosent do the shit we all do! Even the sxe kids are going to be like he's new wuts up with that kid, dudes that are 30 yrs old are trying to beat me up just because they think e're stealing their scene hahaha and they are old as hell!

You know some really odd people. 30 years old on this site are super nice. :)

xarielx
12-20-2010, 01:22 PM
i know i know i dont mean all i mean them specifically

StraightedgeBboy
01-11-2011, 11:55 PM
How old are you? 19

Where are you from? El Paso, Texas

List some bands you are into at the moment. Avenged Sevenfold, 69 Eyes, Sixx AM, Van Halen, Guns N' Roses, The White Stripes, Steve Vai and more

What is the last record you bought? Stevie Ray Vaughan- In Step

Choose either pile ons and sing alongs or spin kicks and two-step? Both

What four sxe hxc bands, past or present, would you like to see play a show together? I don't know it's to hard to pick.

xsecx
01-13-2011, 09:36 AM
How old are you? 19

Where are you from? El Paso, Texas

List some bands you are into at the moment. Avenged Sevenfold, 69 Eyes, Sixx AM, Van Halen, Guns N' Roses, The White Stripes, Steve Vai and more

What is the last record you bought? Stevie Ray Vaughan- In Step

Choose either pile ons and sing alongs or spin kicks and two-step? Both

What four sxe hxc bands, past or present, would you like to see play a show together? I don't know it's to hard to pick.

welcome, hang out and post lots.

xbenwynnex
01-23-2011, 05:27 AM
Hey Everone. I'm Ben, I'm 24, I live in North Wales in the UK. I've been edge for just over 7 months. I became edge because I was sickof wasting my life, my body and my money on alcohol. I also was a light smoker. I found this website by accident and seems pretty cool. If you wanna message me feel free. Hoods up!

straightXed
01-23-2011, 05:51 AM
Hey Everone. I'm Ben, I'm 24, I live in North Wales in the UK. I've been edge for just over 7 months. I became edge because I was sickof wasting my life, my body and my money on alcohol. I also was a light smoker. I found this website by accident and seems pretty cool. If you wanna message me feel free. Hoods up!

Hi Ben,

welcome, good choice on leaving the smoking and drinking behind and glad you stumbled upon this site.

VeganFletcher
02-11-2011, 12:21 AM
How old are you? 18

Where are you from? seattle, washington

List some bands you are into at the moment. xibalba, disembodied, earth crisis, gather, integrity

What is the last record you bought? nails - unsilent death

Choose either pile ons and sing alongs or spin kicks and two-step? pit walking and crucial youthcrew style fingerpointing

What four sxe hxc bands, past or present, would you like to see play a show together? Earth crisis, gather, judge, morning again.

Also im vegan.

Lifestyle_X
02-11-2011, 05:02 AM
Welcome!

LogicOReality
02-14-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm 19 and I was "born-n-raised" in Concord, NC : Hickville.

I don't keep up with bands or scenes, but I am a teetotaltopper and I don't smoke or do any drugs.

As for my last live concert, I've been to Linkin Park's Projekt Revolution 3 years running!

I'm hoping to meet some intelligent, non-scene people here who can help to assure me that I'm not the only sane person alive. Think you can help? Send me an email at FuzzVisionStudios(at)Yahoo.com

xVeganAnarchistx
02-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Welcome you three. Enjoy your stay and post alot. Specifically Vegan wonderful to have more of you on here!

You should check out xForever Youngx i've been really enjoying them lately

radical
02-21-2011, 07:48 AM
I'm 19 and I was "born-n-raised" in Concord, NC : Hickville.

I don't keep up with bands or scenes, but I am a teetotaltopper and I don't smoke or do any drugs.

As for my last live concert, I've been to Linkin Park's Projekt Revolution 3 years running!

nice so you were lucky enough to catch Armor For Sleep on stage and see one of their last live performances!

xearvasex
03-05-2011, 09:19 AM
How old are you? - I am 21.

Where are you from? - I am from Wilmington Delaware.

List some bands you are into at the moment. - I may be a uncommon straight edge. I like mostly hip hop and R&B. So Young Buck, DMX & T-Pain

What is the last record you bought? – Ciara’s Fantasy Ride

SsXeMF
03-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Age-28

Location- Sydney, Australia

Bands- As I Lay Dying, Parkway Drive, Terror, Throwdown, Fear Factory, Hatebreed, Bullet for my Valentine, All That Remains, Biohazard, the list goes on. I am also a fan of hip hop, but have branched away from it as it lead me to an amoral/immoral lifestyle.

Last record- Chimaira- Chimaira

Four sXe bands, um, I'm here to learn. I tend to enjoy metalcore, hardcore metal, hardcore and metal, but I like a bit of grunt in my vocals.

DawgWizard
04-08-2011, 01:22 AM
Ive been on the site but haven't posted in a while. Never posted on here though. I'm 16 from woodland,CA. I like STYG, xRepresentx, xTYRANTx, fight everyone, judge, terror, TUI, and ocean. Four bands id like to see do a show together would be STYG, TUI, Terror, and Oceano, the first three are playing in Oakland at the end of the month if only ocean was there it would easily be my favorite show ever!

CarlaRant
04-08-2011, 07:43 AM
Welcome xearvasex, SsXeMF, and DawgWizard! I hope you like it here on this site and post a lot. Check out the BANDS link: http://sxe.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389

Seeya,
Carla

Lifestyle_X
04-08-2011, 07:55 AM
Welcome!

xKappax
04-09-2011, 09:58 AM
How old are you? 22

Where are you from? Scotland (live)/Ireland (born)

Eightfold Path
Trial
Gather
Cress
Axegrinder
Gator Bait

Culture, Born of You

Piles ons and sing alongs.

Gorilla Biscuits
Kingdom
R.A.M.B.O.
Morning Again

xVeganAnarchistx
04-09-2011, 01:36 PM
How old are you? 22

Where are you from? Scotland (live)/Ireland (born)

Eightfold Path
Trial
Gather
Cress
Axegrinder
Gator Bait

Culture, Born of You

Piles ons and sing alongs.

Gorilla Biscuits
Kingdom
R.A.M.B.O.
Morning Again

Welcome dude. I'd see that show with yah!

SilentXtasy
04-20-2011, 10:53 AM
How old are you? - 16

Where are you from? - Dublin, Ireland

List some bands you are into at the moment - Way too many to name but here goes:
AFI, The Bouncing Souls, Black Sabbath, The Doors, The Clash, The Cure and loads more...

What is the last record you bought? - I have no idea, but I have less records than you would expect

What 4 sXe bands would you wish could play a show together? - Minor Threat, H2O, Gorilla Biscuits, 7 Seconds

xlouisvillex
05-24-2011, 06:03 PM
How old are you?

Where are you from?
Spent all my time from birth till I was four years old in Delaware, and have lived in/around Louisville, KY ever since.

I like new school and old school. Lately I've been listening to Sick of It All, Liferuiner, 7 Seconds, The Acacia Strain, The Ghost Inside, Earth Crisis, etc.

Stick To Your Guns - The Hope Division

BOTH

Minor Threat (obviously), 7 Seconds, Rise Against (if you want to count them), Sick of It All

Personal info/bio:
I used to be drug free until my curious nature caught up with me my freshmen year of high school, it was then that I began to experiment with smoking marijuana. After getting a grip of myself and realizing that I was throwing my life away I claimed straight edge. Most of the males in both of my parents' families have battled alcoholism and heart disease due to alcoholism and I decided I wasn't about to continue the family tradition of poisoning myself. That is when I claimed the Edge, and I've loved the decision ever since.

Do you guys think I will receive a lot of crap because of my past marijuana use? Not that it matters what people think, I just want to know if many edge kids consider me untrue because of the past. Thanks guys, it's good to be in a community filled with good people.

rodrigo
05-24-2011, 08:11 PM
How old are you?

Where are you from?
Spent all my time from birth till I was four years old in Delaware, and have lived in/around Louisville, KY ever since.

I like new school and old school. Lately I've been listening to Sick of It All, Liferuiner, 7 Seconds, The Acacia Strain, The Ghost Inside, Earth Crisis, etc.

Stick To Your Guns - The Hope Division

BOTH

Minor Threat (obviously), 7 Seconds, Rise Against (if you want to count them), Sick of It All

hey there, welcome. 7 seconds is a great band, but i'm not sure sick of it all are straight edge, i remember reading an interview about some of them being, but also read from people i trust that they're pretty far from being anything like that.

Personal info/bio:
I used to be drug free until my curious nature caught up with me my freshmen year of high school, it was then that I began to experiment with smoking marijuana. After getting a grip of myself and realizing that I was throwing my life away I claimed straight edge. Most of the males in both of my parents' families have battled alcoholism and heart disease due to alcoholism and I decided I wasn't about to continue the family tradition of poisoning myself. That is when I claimed the Edge, and I've loved the decision ever since.

Do you guys think I will receive a lot of crap because of my past marijuana use? Not that it matters what people think, I just want to know if many edge kids consider me untrue because of the past. Thanks guys, it's good to be in a community filled with good people.

whoever gives you crap about it is a douche. and you know what they say about douches!

easy
05-25-2011, 07:59 PM
hey there, welcome. 7 seconds is a great band, but i'm not sure sick of it all are straight edge, i remember reading an interview about some of them being, but also read from people i trust that they're pretty far from being anything like that.

whoever gives you crap about it is a douche. and you know what they say about douches!

what do they say?

rodrigo
05-25-2011, 08:25 PM
what do they say?

that douches suck!

straightXed
05-26-2011, 03:39 PM
that douches suck!

Strictly speaking thats not quite right!

xrated
07-19-2011, 08:23 PM
Hi Guys !

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Ontario, Canada

Touche Amore
Have Heart
Cro-Mags
Floorpunch

been too long

pile ons and sing alongs

Turning Point, Gorilla Biscuits, Minor Threat, Have Heart

mouseman004
07-20-2011, 09:43 AM
Hi Guys !

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Ontario, Canada

Touche Amore
Have Heart
Cro-Mags
Floorpunch

been too long

pile ons and sing alongs

Turning Point, Gorilla Biscuits, Minor Threat, Have Heart

Ontario! Nice! Welcome to the boards, hopefully you stick around for a while. I tend to be the only Canadian who posts here regularly.

Lifestyle_X
07-20-2011, 04:48 PM
Hey man, welcome! I hope you'll like it here.

CrossTheLion
07-23-2011, 01:44 PM
Hello fellows

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Offaly, Ireland

Never really a "music fad" kinda guy, but these bands stick with me:

Metallica
Rise Against
Killswitch Engage
Trapt
Anti-Flag
Creed

Yeah I'm not that Punk orientated, lifestyle is everything.

Death Magnetic - Metallica

Rise Against, Anti-Flag, Youth of Today, Blaqk Audio

Currently assembling a Band in Maynooth, we'll be called "Cross The Lion". We're working on some material.. Watch this place yo!

SxE 4 life

The XXX-man
08-11-2011, 07:21 PM
How old are you?

Where are you from?
Louisiana

Earth Crisis

First Blood

Suicide Silence

xBarcadiax

Death In Motion

Crosses

Bury Your Dead-Mosh N Roll

pile ons and sing alongs

1.Minor Threat

2.xBishopx

3.Earth Crisis

4.Throwdown (Old)

x28x
09-03-2011, 07:15 PM
yay! im glad to get back on a straight edge forum. someone hacked the last one i was on and it shut down. or something like that. super sad. but yes hopefully this one is as rad as the last. i need more straight edge people in my life!!!

How old are you?
19 but 20 on tuesday!!!

Where are you from?
I'm from northern california but i am in vegas right now

parkway drive raised fist gallows bishop trapped under ice h2o suffokate

drugs by bishop

sing alongs and pile ons!

casey jones afb bishop looking forward <3

xsecx
09-05-2011, 06:19 PM
yay! im glad to get back on a straight edge forum. someone hacked the last one i was on and it shut down. or something like that. super sad. but yes hopefully this one is as rad as the last. i need more straight edge people in my life!!!

How old are you?
19 but 20 on tuesday!!!

Where are you from?
I'm from northern california but i am in vegas right now

parkway drive raised fist gallows bishop trapped under ice h2o suffokate

drugs by bishop

sing alongs and pile ons!

casey jones afb bishop looking forward <3

welcome dude. post lots.

Lifestyle_X
09-06-2011, 04:37 AM
Hello there, welcome to the boards.

karen_xvx
09-29-2011, 09:46 PM
Hey everyone. I'm a straight edge vegan here from Florida age 23. Just looking to meet some cool edge people!

rodrigo
09-29-2011, 09:53 PM
Hey everyone. I'm a straight edge vegan here from Florida age 23. Just looking to meet some cool edge people!

hello there, we're all pretty cool around here, hope you stick around and post lots.

Lifestyle_X
09-30-2011, 05:19 AM
Welcome! What rodrigo says.

Diablo2424
10-12-2011, 12:56 PM
How old are you?

Where are you from?
Brick, NJ

Throwdown, Raised Fist, Underoath, The Offspring, No Use For A Name, 36 Crazyfists, Bane, Folly

Mates of State - Team Boo

If I had to chose, I'd go with pile ons and sing alongs, but I love to two-step!

Minor Threat, Good Clean Fun, Over My Dead Body and Earth Crisis

The problem is I would also want to see Project X, Refused and Most Precious Blood play too! lol

CarlaRant
10-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Hello and welcome to the board!

JamieLynneLotus
11-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Hi, I’m Jamie. I’m 23 years old, from Nevada USA, and I joined this site because I’m tired of meeting people that find drinking, smoking, drugs, and taking someone home they don’t even know to be the cool thing to do. I’m a single mom, and I’m wanting to meet more people with a shred of morals. I find the idea of having positive influences in my life to be always a benefit. Secretly I’m hoping to maybe find the love of my life here. Who knows? It sure would be nice to feel loved and wanted.

I’m not sure what to say about my favorite sXe bands, because I honestly don’t know. I just want some decent friends and have good conversation. I'm genuinely a friendly, helpful, compassionate girl.

rodrigo
11-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Hi, I’m Jamie. I’m 23 years old, from Nevada USA, and I joined this site because I’m tired of meeting people that find drinking, smoking, drugs, and taking someone home they don’t even know to be the cool thing to do. I’m a single mom, and I’m wanting to meet more people with a shred of morals. I find the idea of having positive influences in my life to be always a benefit. Secretly I’m hoping to maybe find the love of my life here. Who knows? It sure would be nice to feel loved and wanted.

I’m not sure what to say about my favorite sXe bands, because I honestly don’t know. I just want some decent friends and have good conversation. I'm genuinely a friendly, helpful, compassionate girl.

hey there, welcome!
we're all good guys over here, so just post lots and hope you stick around
how's your kid called?

xsecx
11-11-2011, 05:18 PM

Welcome. I hope you stick around and post a lot. You will definitely meet some awesome people here.

JamieLynneLotus
11-11-2011, 09:26 PM
@ Rodrigo, I have 2 kids. My son is Daemian and my daughter is Rosalia, or Rosie for short.

Thanks for the warm welcome you guys!

Lifestyle_X
11-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Welcome!

Kid Edge
12-07-2011, 11:58 AM
I'm15 years old

I'm from Delaware

I'm into 25 Ta Life,Throwdown,and Good Clean Fun

I forget the last record I bought,probably What Separates Me From You by A Day To Remember

Pile-Ons and Spin-Kicks

Four bands I wanna see doing a show together are xRepresentx,Throwdown,Congress,and SS Decontrol

xSIMONx
01-03-2012, 05:26 PM
How old are you? 16, i'll be 17 in March

Where are you from? Hampshire, in the South of the UK

List some bands you are into at the moment. Eskimo Callboy, I Built The Cross, Stick To Your Guns, Attack Attack!, In Fear And Faith

What is the last record you bought? Suicide Silence-The Black Crwon/Attack Attack!-Someday Came Suddenly

Choose either pile ons and sing alongs or spin kicks and two-step? Spin kicks and two-step

xDEATHSTARx, xAFBx, xLiferuinerx and Stick To Your Guns

The_Tomenator
02-17-2012, 07:05 PM
Hey there everyone,
My name's Matt, I'm 19 and from Cincinnati Ohio. I'm really into Emmure, Bury your dead, Whitechapel, the Acacia Strain, and Carnifex. The last album I bought was Frank Sinatra's Ring-Ding-Ding. I love being in the pit doing spin kicks, but I'm always down for a good sing along. I don't really know of any straightedge bands except for a couple local ones, and they were Suicide Pact and Suffocate Faster, which I wish would come back as well :P
I joined up here because I only know one other sxe person in my area that isn't a total tool or douchebag to everyone and I'd like to see this stereotype broken by meeting some cool people here.

radical
02-20-2012, 04:08 AM
It is great to see so many new faces! Hope you have a good time here.

I joined up here because I only know one other sxe person in my area that isn't a total tool or douchebag to everyone and I'd like to see this stereotype broken by meeting some cool people here.
I hear you! But what can you do... let them play their game;)

xVeganAnarchistx
02-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Welcome new folks. Glad to see Good Clean Fun in so many of your bios!

Archons End
04-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Hey Everybody
My Names Cody. I'm 19 and I'm From Newark, Ohio. Just recently moved to Anderson, South Carolina. I've always been against drugs and the like all my life but then I met some good friends who introduced me to the the whole Straight Edge thing. Since then I've been really serious about it myself. I love this lifestyle and wouldnt want to live it any other way. So here I am hoping to meet some new people out there who share the same ideas.

indestructible
04-28-2012, 07:40 AM
I've always been against drugs and the like all my life but then I met some good friends who introduced me to the the whole Straight Edge thing. Since then I've been really serious about it myself. I love this lifestyle and wouldnt want to live it any other way. So here I am hoping to meet some new people out there who share the same ideas.

That's very positive!
Welcome.

BlaqkWolf
05-08-2012, 11:16 AM
How old are you?

Where are you from?
Grew up in Broomfield, Colorado, but I spend most of my time in Boulder

AFI (my favorite band), Blaqk Audio, Scarlet Grey, Jawbreaker,

The last CD I bought was AFI's"Crash Love" which I got the day it came out, but the last actual vinyl record I got was Simon and Garfunkel's "Sounds of Silence"

Pile ons and sing alongs

I don't know enough purely sXe bands

xxxfrekexxx
05-09-2012, 04:57 AM
I'm 32

I live in Märsta (40 km north of Stockholm).

Right now I'm listening to Earth Crisis, Freya, Stampin' Ground, Always War.

Last record I bought was Freya's 'All hail the end'.

spitz
05-20-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm 26 from Waterford, Ireland. DJ Krush is my thing at the moment. Any Waterford peeps out there??

Anarcho-Edge
05-21-2012, 11:55 AM
How old are you?
I'm 15

Where are you from?
From the good ol' state of Delaware...Please get me out of here,it sucks here

List some bands you are into at this moment
I've been listening to a lot of Whitechapel recently,along with Volbeat,Halestorm,and Hollywood Undead

I got the new Shadows Fall

Choose either pile ons and sing alongs or spin kicks and two-step
Spin kicks and two-step

What are four sxe hxe bands,past or present,would you like to see play a show together?
Biscuits,Throwdown,SSD,and of course,Minor Threat

And F.Y.I:I listen to emo music,but I ain't emo.I ain't into self-harm,or any of that bullshit.Understood?

xVeganAnarchistx
05-22-2012, 07:10 PM
welcome new folks post a lot and enjoy the site!

kiki242
07-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Well my name is kiana. I'm 16 years old. I have always refrained from drugs and alcohol because how it was stressed in school how dangerous they are. They main bands I'm into are Three days Grace, Skillet, Thousand Foot Krutch, and Breaking Benjamin. I am from Florida.

Lifestyle_X
07-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Hey there Kiana, have fun here.

xsecx
07-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Well my name is kiana. I'm 16 years old. I have always refrained from drugs and alcohol because how it was stressed in school how dangerous they are. They main bands I'm into are Three days Grace, Skillet, Thousand Foot Krutch, and Breaking Benjamin. I am from Florida.
Welcome. It's always great to meet someone else that lives without drugs and alcohol.

bigheadjoe
07-13-2012, 12:08 AM
Hi. I'm bigheadjoe. I chose striaght edge for myself on June 26th, 2012, after 16 years of regular drug use. Never was an "addict" per se, as in never got too heavy into harder drugs, but I definitely see now just how dependent I was on getting high to dull my senses and allow me to aimlessly drift through my life. I've never felt better about any choice I have made in my entire life. My friends and family have all been extremely supportive, and I felt the need to share this experience with anyone who was interested through a blog. The blog is Never Too Old To Claim Straight Edge
(http://nevertoooldsxe.wordpress.com) check it out and follow along on my journey. This is all very new to me and I may seem a little naive at times, but I think that's good. I think a fresh perspective on something that many people have shied away from can only benefit the community and maybe even get a few people on board. If one person reads my blog and decides to claim edge for themselves, that was never the intention of starting it, but it would be special for sure. Now, to the questions at hand:

How old are you? 30

Where are you from? Baltimore, MD. Living in Dallas, TX.

List some bands you are into at the moment. Obviously have been digging into the history of straight edge punk and hardcore since claiming edge. Always loved Glassjaw, saw them back in like 2000 opening for The Deftones. Loving Ligeia because their sound is very similar to gj for me. Throwdown, xbishopx, Have Heart, Comeback Kid, and many others. It's pretty overwhelming right now.

What is the last record you bought? xbishopx, and Roman's Revenge by Nicki Minaj, at the same time. :)

Choose either pile ons and sing alongs or spin kicks and two-step? I'm 30. Can I say neither? I prefer headphones and a good book or some blogging. I'm like nerd edge or something. It's OK. I'm accepting of my old man status.

What four sxe hxc bands, past or present, would you like to see play a show together? Ligeia, Throwdown, Glassjaw, and Minor Threat headlining.

Hope to get to know many of you soon.
bhj

Kianek
07-27-2012, 05:00 PM
I'm 19, almost 20; located in Portland, Oregon, US; and I love punk, metal, electronica, semicolons, and the Oxford comma.

I haven't been listening to a ton of sXe stuff lately. Mostly it's been NWOBHM bands like Saxon, Savage, and Tank. I never really got into Maiden, but I do like Motorhead (excuse the lack of umlaut, I'm lazy).

I've been drug and drink free since the day I was born, but it became an active endeavor when I was about 16. Since then I've wanted to join some kind of sXe community, but never really got around to it until now. So here's to procrastination, the straight edge way!

MAXPOWERS
08-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Hey guys Im Steve. 27 and located in in a small town outside of bellingham washington. Some of the bands im into at that moment are judge, r.a.m.b.o, I Object, Bones brigade. Alot of Crust, Grind, D-beat, Hardcore, and Powerviolence. New to this sXe music. But digging it.
Last record I bought was Weekend Nachos.

I've been sober for about 2 years ago after my wife left me and my son to keep drinking, doing heroin, and partying. Decided to define myself sXe.Im new to all this. Ive just known the basics. But now I hear no meat??? I've known it is to live a more healthier life and a dedication to live sober until death.
I have no friends out here so it would be awesome to be friends with more sXe people and dont criticise me for what i do

rodrigo
08-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Hey guys Im Steve. 27 and located in in a small town outside of bellingham washington. Some of the bands im into at that moment are judge, r.a.m.b.o, I Object, Bones brigade. Alot of Crust, Grind, D-beat, Hardcore, and Powerviolence. New to this sXe music. But digging it.

I've been sober for about 2 years ago after my wife left me and my son to keep drinking, doing heroin, and partying. Decided to define myself sXe.Im new to all this. Ive just known the basics. But now I hear no meat??? I've known it is to live a more healthier life and a dedication to live sober until death.
I have no friends out here so it would be awesome to be friends with more sXe people and dont criticise me for what i do
hey there! welcome to the boards. R.A.M.B.O. is such an ace band.
it's great that you wanted to get a different life, sucks about the wife though, but surely your kid will grow in a healthier enviroment too.
dont sweat about the meat though, straight edge are hardcore kids who dont do recreational drugs. so you can go and enjoy some tasty steak.

hope you stick around and post lots!

easy
08-02-2012, 08:43 PM

Man it's good to meet you! Don't worry about that meat thing, that really has nothing to do with being edge... It sounds like you have been through a lot in your life and you have made a fantastic decision to remain sober. Your son is lucky to have someone willing to make such a positive change in life. Hope to read tons of posts from you man!

easy
08-02-2012, 08:44 PM
hey rodrigo... JINX!

MAXPOWERS
08-02-2012, 09:14 PM
haha. I was just thinking the same thing. thanks easy and rodrigo. Hope to hear back from ya guys aswell.

napy666
09-08-2012, 12:37 PM
How old are you? - 25

Where are you from? - Los Angeles, California

List some bands you are into at the moment. - Daybreak Ends, Blood On The Dance Floor, Vampires Everywhere, Murderdolls, Wednesday 13, The 69 Eyes, The Casualties, etc.

What is the last record you bought? - Can't recall haha

Choose either pile ons and sing alongs or spin kicks and two-step? Not sure.

What four sxe hxc bands, past or present, would you like to see play a show together? Hmmm First Blood, Terror, Hatebreed.

Thatguythere
09-17-2012, 02:39 PM
How old are you?

Where are you from?
Fitchburg, Ma

Vanna, Blood for Blood, The Ghost inside, Trapped Under Ice, Terror, Comback kid, ect. i could go on.

Close your eyes

Pile ons and sing alongs, I like both but nothing more fun the screaming your head off into a bands mic.

What four sxe hxc bands, past or present, would you like to see play a show together? The Ghost inside (singer), Black Flag, Minor threat <3 hah

CarlaRant
09-23-2012, 10:58 AM
Welcome to the board!

cbp309
09-27-2012, 05:27 PM
How old are you? I'm 18

Where are you from? Cartersville, Georgia!

List some bands you are into at the moment. Miss May I, sleeping with sirens, a day to remember, for today, motionless in white, lamb of god.

What is the last record you bought? Immortal from For Today

Spin kicks and two-step
I dot know any.

kellyarei
09-30-2012, 11:26 PM
How old are you? 23

Where are you from? Kent, Ohio

List some bands you are into at the moment: Looking forward, represent, have heart, first blood, minor threat, AFB, Bane, going old school here with Casey Anthony, Unity, Life Ruiner

What is the last record you bought? I honestly can't fucking remember

Choose either pile ons and sing alongs or spin kicks and two-step? Pile Ons!

What four sxe hxc bands, past or present, would you like to see play a show together? hmm Mad Minds, Have heart, Looking Forward, Bane, and Represent

CarlaRant
10-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Hi Kelly & CBP! Welcome to the board!

Neaty
10-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Hi I'm Paul.

One quick question, to be classed as straightedge do I have to listen to punk/hardcore. I appreciate that that's where it all began in the early 80s but is it not just a case of abstaining from drink and drugs?

Diablo2424
10-11-2012, 02:57 PM
Hi I'm Paul.

One quick question, to be classed as straightedge do I have to listen to punk/hardcore. I appreciate that that's where it all began in the early 80s but is it not just a case of abstaining from drink and drugs?

Hello Paul, welcome to the forums. No you do not have to listen to punk/hardcore, since as you mentioned that is where sXe originated from, most people who are sXe tend to be into that genre of music. But anyone can label themselves as sXe, no matter what religion, race, ethnicity, music tastes, food tastes, color of underwear they prefer, it doesn't matter :-). We're just here to all get along.

xsecx
10-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Hello Paul, welcome to the forums. No you do not have to listen to punk/hardcore, since as you mentioned that is where sXe originated from, most people who are sXe tend to be into that genre of music. But anyone can label themselves as sXe, no matter what religion, race, ethnicity, music tastes, food tastes, color of underwear they prefer, it doesn't matter :-). We're just here to all get along.
what's the difference between someone that's straight edge and just someone that doesn't drink?

Neaty
10-11-2012, 05:54 PM

Thank-you for clearing that up for me.

The reason I asked is another forum made it abundantly clear that this had to be the case. I wanted a second opinion.

It's not that I am not into that sort of music, I am just uneducated about it. Music I like is classic rock such as Van Halen, Motley Crue etc.

Anyway, hello everyone. :-)

Diablo2424
10-12-2012, 09:21 AM
what's the difference between someone that's straight edge and just someone that doesn't drink?

IMO, not drinking is just that, not drinking. If you claim edge, I believe you need to adhere to the lifestyle that was originally created, no drinking, no drugs, no promiscuity. People who don't drink, could still very well be smokers, or could smoke weed, etc.

xsecx
10-12-2012, 09:45 AM
IMO, not drinking is just that, not drinking. If you claim edge, I believe you need to adhere to the lifestyle that was originally created, no drinking, no drugs, no promiscuity. People who don't drink, could still very well be smokers, or could smoke weed, etc. The lifestyle is about more than just not drinking or doing drugs though. Someone who's sober is just someone that's sober, that doesn't make them straight edge. Knowing what straight edge doesn't make them straight edge. It's being apart of the subculture that does and the music plays a huge role in that subculture.

indestructible
10-14-2012, 06:40 PM
Thank-you for clearing that up for me.

The reason I asked is another forum made it abundantly clear that this had to be the case. I wanted a second opinion.

It's not that I am not into that sort of music, I am just uneducated about it. Music I like is classic rock such as Van Halen, Motley Crue etc.

Anyway, hello everyone. :-)

I don´t share your taste in music, nor your definition of classic rock probably...and as you have noticed there are some personal (and probably partly regional) differences in defining sxe concerning belonging to a certain music scene, also about sexual philosophy and about being vegan. What unites us is for most also the music, but most importantly a drugfree lifestyle.

Hello and welcome to this forum.

midwestxe
10-23-2012, 02:14 AM
My name is Anthony. I'm from Rapid City, South Dakota. I'm 25 years old and currently I am really into King Fantastic (which you'll find odd I;m sure since it's gangster rap) but lately I've been diving back in Minor Threat, Sick of it all, Rancid and Throwdown. I'm very, very recently straightedge. I used to hang out with "gangsters" and drug dealers and that got me into a whole heap of trouble. Currently on probation for 4 years for possession. I've never done any "hard" drugs but used to smoke marijuana on a regular basis but haven't smoked in nearly two years, Partly because I'm on probation but mainly because I don't like the kinds of people that are involved in that scene. I'm a comic book geek. I love tattoos as well. I don't drink because, well, it's a waste of money and I really hate the way it makes me feel. I still go to bars on rare occasions. Such as Halloween. Which is, by far, my favorite holiday. This year I'm going as Black Mask from Batman. Otherwise I just stay at home and play X-Box or watch movies. I am a former smoker and tobacco chewer. I basically adopted the straight edge lifestyle because of the health reasons and the fact that my entire family are drinkers, smokers and drug users. And I've seen what it does to them. I've followed the sxe lifestyle for years but never really adhered to it. Just knew several edge people and just recently decided to adopt it as my lifestyle.

indestructible
10-23-2012, 04:56 PM
Good you´re joining us.
Welcome.

dfwsXe
10-31-2012, 10:18 AM
I am Phil. Live in Dallas/Forth Worth TX. I'm 45 and have been sXe for over 15 years. Into all the old school straightedge

Hope to talk with people with the same beliefs

rodrigo
10-31-2012, 04:12 PM
I am Phil. Live in Dallas/Forth Worth TX. I'm 45 and have been sXe for over 15 years. Into all the old school straightedge

hey there, welcome. hope you stick around and post lots

indestructible
10-31-2012, 04:58 PM

Here we are.
Welcome!

XjoeX
11-22-2012, 04:31 PM
Hi.
My name is Joe,27yrs old and i live in Bristol UK. Been sxe for only 7 months now. Listening to punk, some crappy dance, hardcore,metal etc. Can't remember the last record i brought. Hopeing to meet some nice ppl hear :-)

CarlaRant
11-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Hey Joe,
Welcome to the board and the sxe family!

XjoeX
11-24-2012, 11:32 AM
Thanx - :-) forgot to say i also do these f.b. pages so hit like if you want to -https://www.facebook.com/VeganScififans
https://www.facebook.com/VeganStraightEdgeZombieFans
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bristol-Straight-Edge
cheers

Scott
11-30-2012, 02:37 AM
Holy shit! I can't believe my account still works here. I just thought about this forum and the old edge forum that I used to frequent and decided to try to find them again. So... 8 years has passed.

8/11/2017 - and now another 5 years...

Lifestyle_X
12-01-2012, 02:30 AM
Haha, welcome back then! Keep hanging around I'd say, it's a fun place.

TheWhiteTuxGroom
12-01-2012, 01:31 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/155j9ue.jpg
How old are you?

Where are you from?
Tallahassee, FL

Favorite band is Avenged Sevenfold.
- Seether, Theory of a Deadman, Falling in Reverse,
The Devil Wears Prada, Slipknot, etc.
Guilty Pleasure is Black Veil Brides.

Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare

Uhhh..spin kicks and two step.

Blessthefall, 7 Seconds

BryDubbya
03-06-2013, 02:04 PM
Hello everyone!

My name is Bryan.

I'm 28 years old and from New Jersey.

Bands I'm in to: All That Remains, As I Lay Dying, In This Moment, Boys Night Out.

I decided to follow the straightedge lifestyle for my health, and mainly for my son Avery. I want to be able to set a good example for him.

I recently went vegan 3 weeks ago. Not totally vegan at first. I would have meat and such 1 meal per week. Now I am going 100% vegan all the time, because after eating meat and cheese for the one day in the first 2 week I felt like CRAP afterward and the next day.

Later,
Bryan

222sXe
05-02-2013, 01:17 AM
How old are you?
I will be 20 in June.

Where are you from?
Anderson, Indiana
It is about 45 minutes northeast of Indianapolis.

All kinds. Depends on the mood. Depends on the Day. I listen to every genre with the exception of a lot of foreign music but even a lot of that I can dig.

Justin Timberlake- 20/20 Experience

They both serve a time and a place. With a lot of bands they clearly write in parts to dance to and parts to pile up and sing along.

Minor Threat (Who does not?)
Casey Jones
Terror
Have Heart
Champion
Represent
Armed for Battle
LifeRuiner

I did not follow directions. Sorry. haha

xsecx
05-02-2013, 10:41 AM
How old are you?
I will be 20 in June.

Where are you from?
Anderson, Indiana
It is about 45 minutes northeast of Indianapolis.

All kinds. Depends on the mood. Depends on the Day. I listen to every genre with the exception of a lot of foreign music but even a lot of that I can dig.

Justin Timberlake- 20/20 Experience

They both serve a time and a place. With a lot of bands they clearly write in parts to dance to and parts to pile up and sing along.

Minor Threat (Who does not?)
Casey Jones
Terror
Have Heart
Champion
Represent
Armed for Battle
LifeRuiner

I did not follow directions. Sorry. haha
welcome

CarlaRant
05-02-2013, 11:36 PM
Welcome fellow Hoosier! I'm from South Bend.

RollOnDough91
09-28-2013, 08:52 PM
I guess i'll make a formal introduction here. Hello all! My name is Rolando and I am from Fresno, California.

CarlaRant
10-03-2013, 08:29 AM
Hello and welcome! Clever username

Anonymous Ghost
10-21-2013, 02:00 PM
Hey everyone!! I'm not actually new, but I haven't been to the forums for quite a few years now. I'm glad to see Rodrigo is still around. So I'm introducing myself just in case no-one remembers me:

My name is Oswaldo. I'm 27, won't turn 28 until next year. I'm a recruiter during the weekdays, a close-up magician on the weekends and I'm born and raised in Tijuana, Mexico.

At the moment I'm a lot into Morrissey, City & Colour, Thick As Blood and starting to go back to listen my old albums from like Unearth, Underoath, A Fire Inside (Their 90's stuff), Ignite, Misfits, Minor Threat, Poison The Well, It Dies Today, etc. 'Cause I really am tired of hearing hipster music everywhere I go, so I'm going back to my sweet, dear to my heart roots.

Last records I bought, bought them for $2 bucks at a local store at the same time about two months ago, they were Danzig: "4", Rollins Band: "The End Of Silence" and The Chemical Brothers: "Dig Your Own Hole".

I prefer pile ons and sing alongs.

Four bands I would like to see live? I'll throw 5 because I never got the chance to: Gorilla Biscuits, Minor Threat, Suffocate Faster, Youth Of Today and Love Is Red.

SOOO, WHAT'S BEEN GOING UP?? Is Dusty still living in England and married to... Sorry, I totally forgot the name! (x_X)

rodrigo
10-21-2013, 07:16 PM
hey, i remember you! happy to see you back!

Lifestyle_X
10-22-2013, 05:51 AM
I can't remember you, but welcome back!

Anonymous Ghost
10-23-2013, 11:05 AM
Thank you guys! I do remember your S.E.H.C. avatar though. Yeah, it's been a long time now... It's good to be back! I see there's not that much activity like there used to, guess it has a lot to do with people's transition to social networks like facebook and twitter.

Ecky
10-24-2013, 05:45 PM
Ahoy! New member here, name is Austin and I'm currently living in West Florida. I had no idea that straight edge was a "thing" until fairly recently, and felt pretty ostracized for my choices.

Rose666
12-17-2013, 10:03 PM
yo names ROSE. im a guy, its just easier than saying my full name. Rosalio

im 23
from L.A.
im really into HAVE HEART, VERSE, AND SINKING SHIPS right now
the last record i bought was Rotting Outs - The Wrong Way
i really prefer Pile ons and sing alongs
as for shows, ill have to put this in sections of four
HAVE HEART
WOLF WHISTLE
CLEAR
SWEET JESUS

TEN YARD FIGHT
FLOORPUNCH
BANE
IN MY EYES

HAVE HEART
VERSE
COMEBACK KID
MILES AWAY

ROTTING OUT
EXPIRE
BEING AS AN OCEAN
VALES

WOLF WHISTLE
CEREMONY
TRASH TALK
ACXDC

BlueRibbon83
01-05-2014, 04:49 AM
I'm 29 years old from Australia. I am a big fan of punk (though I prefer a lot of the lighter stuff) and although I am not sXe I do not do drugs or drink and I really respect you guys. I joined the site because I have found it increasingly difficult to find people who share my interests and views. I have lost friends to addiction and substance abuse and just do not want that sort of thing in my life anymore so my only option is making new friends. That is where you guys come in.

I'm not hardcore and don't pretend to be anything I am not.

Just looking for some good times and switched on people. I've been a vegetarian and a vegan (but I no longer am either for personal reasons).

Thanks for having me here.

indestructible
01-05-2014, 08:10 AM
Welcome BlueRibbon, Rose and Ecky!

Looking forward to seeing some more activity from you soon!

Lifestyle_X
01-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Welcome! Enjoy & post lots.

SXEbecker
06-09-2014, 09:43 PM
I'm 21, I am from southeast Minnesota. My all time favorite band is AFI, but I also like Alkaline trio, H20, picture perfect, and a lot of others. I just bought Goddamit by Alkaline trio. I would like to see just about any band, but picture perfect, dead gods went to dennys, Xtrmst are a few that are on the top of the list.

Ani-Edge
06-19-2014, 01:02 PM
Guess it's my turn

I'm 112
I'm from the glorious state of Delaware. (That was sarcasm if you didn't know)
Five Finger Death Punch, Breaking Benjamin, Hopsin, Yelawolf
I haven't bought any albums recently. Money's tight
Spin-kicks and two-step
Blind Witness, Looking Forward, Four Year Strong, and Stick to your guns

HCarey
09-15-2014, 03:01 AM
Wonderful posts Appreciate it!

Also visit my blog post ... derm exclusive trial (https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20140912062738-369524827-derm-exclusive-reviews-latest-findings-now-reported?)

adrianX
09-21-2014, 11:20 AM
I'm 17
live in Vilnius , Lithuania
band in which i'm play at this moment RONxJEREMY https://www.facebook.com/rnjrm?fref=ts
last record i bought was 210 GENERATION
i like spin kicks
I think: 210 , moscow death brigade , 25 ta life , deadfall.

Lifestyle_X
09-21-2014, 03:14 PM
Hey adrianX, enjoy your stay here.
How the hell did you guys come up with that name? I'm very curious.

xsecx
09-21-2014, 05:10 PM
I'm 17
live in Vilnius , Lithuania
band in which i'm play at this moment RONxJEREMY https://www.facebook.com/rnjrm?fref=ts
last record i bought was 210 GENERATION
i like spin kicks
I think: 210 , moscow death brigade , 25 ta life , deadfall.
that is a hilarious band name.

adrianX
09-22-2014, 01:36 PM
Hey adrianX, enjoy your stay here.
How the hell did you guys come up with that name? I'm very curious.

we was working hard on our songs and one of band members said : '' we working hard like Ron " and after that we started to call our band RONxJEREMY.

sorry for my simple english.

Lifestyle_X
09-23-2014, 01:43 AM
Ha, great story!

adrianX
09-28-2014, 01:21 PM
maybe anyone know where i can find interesting information about straight edge culture and some advices to encourage people to this movement ? ))

Kela
10-06-2014, 01:25 PM
How old are you?

Where are you from?
France

- Comeback Kid
- Madball
- Have Heart
- Casey Jones
- Terror
- Champion
- CodeXRed
- Ten Yard Fight

Hardcore - Hardcore Lives

Spin Kicks, Two Step and Sing Alongs

- Champion
- xRepresentx
- Earth Crisis
- Casey Jones

sinmachine
10-06-2014, 11:01 PM
How old are you? 24

Where are you from? NYC

XTRMST

Wonders - The Piano Guys

sing-alongs and spin kicks

earth crisis
refused
vitamin x
xtrmst

Lifestyle_X
10-07-2014, 09:58 AM
maybe anyone know where i can find interesting information about straight edge culture and some advices to encourage people to this movement ? ))

I didn't know we were a movement? You mean lifestyle?
Enough internet resources I guess, also some documentaries maybe.

MollyXElizabeth
12-08-2014, 06:13 PM
Hello!

I am 15 years old.

I am from Virginia.

I really enjoy Pierce The Veil, Front Porch Step, Handguns, All Time Low, My Chemical Romance, Metallica, We The Kings, Real Friends, Green Day and Switchfoot.

The only actual vinyl record I bought was a Elton John record, the last CD I bought was Macklemore and The Exploited.

Pile Ons and Sing Alongs.

Honestly I have not listening to many sxe hxc bands yet, but one day I will.

rodrigo
12-08-2014, 06:55 PM
welcome molly!

nice to see you dig some pretty great bands. i'd suggest you get rid of that horrible Exploited CD, though.

sing alongs are super great.

WelshAdam
12-18-2014, 05:37 AM
Hey guys! My name is Adam, I'm 25 years old and from South Wales, UK.
I decided to give up drinking alcohol only yesterday, it has been coming for a while though, but I decided that it was taking over and destroying my life, (financially, spiritually, yknow). Anyway, enough of the backstory :)

Some bands I'm really into are Motörhead, Cockney Rejects, Ramallah, The Darkness, Stiff Little Fingers, and too many to list here, but pretty eclectic.

Last record I bought was Guilty as Charged by Cock Sparrer.

Anyway, thanks for having me here and I look forward to talking with you all!

One-Eyed Firefly
05-12-2015, 07:41 PM
Hi, I'm 30

Texas

Arch Enemy, Black Label Society, Ozzy, My Darkest Day, In This Moment

Godsmack - Awake

Sing alongs, two-step

Not to savvy on SxE bands. I would rather not make that part up, just to fit in. 8)

joshterrell805
06-20-2015, 09:49 AM
RE previous posts:
It's cool to see so many bands I haven't heard of... I'm looking forward to looking through some of this music you guys are posting!

Introduction Q&A:
How old are you?

Where are you from?
San Luis Obispo, California

(lyrical) Stick to Your Guns, We Came as Romans, Rob Bailey
(instrumental) Emancipator, Ludovico Einaudi, Rodrigo y Gabriella, Two Steps From Hell, ...

Gee.. it's been a long time. I think I bought a Relient K CD back when I was 10 or so and a christian.

what?

I can't even name 4 that I like. Stick to your Guns and We Came as Romans are by far the best bands I have ever come across. They're music is so positive--about living the best life and being the best you you can be. I'd love to see them live!

xveronikax
06-24-2015, 11:48 PM
How old are you? - 29

Where are you from? - San Francisco Bay Area

List some bands you are into at the moment. - None that would be in the hxc variety... Latest would be Lights, Dawn Golden, Crywolf, Halsey

What is the last record you bought? - I haven't bought records since I was 19 or 20, and it was probably something screamo like Saetia, Neil Perry, or Portraits of Past.

Choose either pile ons and sing alongs or spin kicks and two-step? - Pile ons and sing alongs!

What four sxe hxc bands, past or present, would you like to see play a show together? - Verse, Champion, Casey Jones, Earth Crisis

Joncore
07-10-2015, 06:33 PM
Sup im Joncore ~ Artist
Living on the edge
Hard life
No sex
No drugs
Just metal working out and clean living
Off and on vegan but it's my diet not my religion

I am Christian kinda lost my head to Christ and willing to lose it again

I live in LA
I ride a ducati 749 dark
And I off road in a red hummer h1

I surf, skate, BMX, MX, paintball and any other extreme thing I can think of... Adrenaline... Yum

Umm don't need anymore girl attention there is a line ;)

It's amazing how many girls want you if you just don't have sex with them respect them and want a friendship...

Find me any place I have been around forever

JONCORE.com/facebook
Twitter
Blah blah Instagram blah blah

I play games too..
Xbox live. JON CORE
PSN JON_CORE
Steam joncore and jon_core
Raptr , Xfire myspace lol I used to be one of those shirtless scene kids.. Good times.. Still kinda am :/ anyway hit me up!

I only came to this site to buy the domain haha but this is much better then what I wanted to do with it :) God bless
Peace

tiffanyw
08-04-2015, 03:29 AM
Age, 22

Home Town, Swansea Uk

Music, Dont listen to any straight edge bands I listen to mostly 80's Rock and Metal
Freetime activities: music, having fun with my friends, swimming

DeafLeopard
08-04-2015, 02:29 PM
21 , UK , Bristol

Music - anything from disney to "soft"? metal.
but most of the time I listen to pop-punk.

Activitives I enjoy.
Singing terribly, Finding new music,
social networking, watching shitty movies,
having a good time

GhostDog
01-14-2016, 12:01 PM
Hey! 23, Portugal, student

Dog lover, hardcore, rock'n'roll and hip hop music.

elize21
01-21-2016, 03:22 AM
Hi, 27 yrs old from London UK.
Like any rock music.

freq
04-24-2016, 10:53 PM
29 from PA USA
Earth Crisis started me on the path
Trying to find community and it's been very awkward

CarlaRant
08-13-2016, 10:37 AM
Not new, but returning to the board. I had a baby boy, so my life has changed drastically. I don't have a lot of time to play online anymore. :D

xsecx
08-13-2016, 10:48 AM
Not new, but returning to the board. I had a baby boy, so my life has changed drastically. I don't have a lot of time to play online anymore. :D

congrats on your kid, condolences at the death of free time.

CarlaRant
08-14-2016, 10:41 AM
congrats on your kid, condolences at the death of free time.

Ha-ha! Thanks Dusty. He's worth it. <3

Lifestyle_X
08-20-2016, 02:30 AM
Great to hear. Did he had a mohawk at birth?

rodrigo
08-28-2016, 06:46 PM
that's great, carla! what's the name of the kid?

CarlaRant
08-28-2016, 11:40 PM
No mohawk at birth, but he has a "curly hawk" some times. His name is Alexander, but we call him Xander.

serge
03-08-2017, 06:11 AM
Hi, I am Serge.
Aged 12, from Moscow.
Last record I bought is album "Neutralize The Treat".
4th question answer made me smile)
*What four sxe hxc bands, past or present, would you like to see play a show together?* - Earth Crisis and all, I think)
sXe forever!

D20_Jedi
05-27-2017, 10:16 PM
Just found the forum, hopping its pretty active, as since ive moved back east from Portland and Boise Ive been pretty lacking in friends, so Hoping to make some here. My names Frank, though I go by Squirrell...Been Straight edge since 1996. im an old dude, 37 years and going strong. feel free to strike up a conversation.

AlexEnby
07-17-2017, 10:59 AM
Hello, name is Alex.
30 year old Nonbinary Trans person, been Straightedge for 7 years and have never looked back since then.

I suck at intros but I look forward to being on the forums more.