PDA

View Full Version : Stay gold?

BS87
05-11-2007, 10:19 AM
Hey guys! Im reading about sXe and have a question.
What does "Stay Gold" mean?

Thanks in advance!

//The Swede

xsecx
05-11-2007, 10:26 AM
Hey guys! Im reading about sXe and have a question.
What does "Stay Gold" mean?

Thanks in advance!

//The Swede

they were a band.

BS87
05-11-2007, 10:27 AM
they were a band.

So it dosen't mean anything special?
I have heard it means something like stay "pure" or something like that!?

xsecx
05-11-2007, 11:16 AM
So it dosen't mean anything special?
I have heard it means something like stay "pure" or something like that!?

it's taken from book and move the outsiders. and essentially yeah it's to stay pure.

AModernMyth007
05-12-2007, 09:14 AM
A better question is who has never heard of the Outsiders.

rodrigo
05-12-2007, 09:41 AM
i havent

xsecx
05-12-2007, 11:07 AM

I doubt the movie was very big outside of the US and even when it could have been, it's pretty obscure now 25 years later.

sXe Commish
05-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Up here in Canada it's still part of the English curiculum. Every student with a 12th grade english class, weither in pre-college or pre-university will have read and done a report on Outsiders.

It has to be one of the better books I've read - and there are so many possitive morals presented at the end of the book, its no surprise to me that it's linked to sXe in some way.

mouseman004
05-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Up here in Canada it's still part of the English curiculum. Every student with a 12th grade english class, weither in pre-college or pre-university will have read and done a report on Outsiders.

It has to be one of the better books I've read - and there are so many possitive morals presented at the end of the book, its no surprise to me that it's linked to sXe in some way.

You did the ousiders in the 12th grade? My school did it in the 8th grade. It is a great book.

24x24
05-13-2007, 06:23 PM
That was the chicks first book and she wrote it when she was like 16. The other books she wrote are pretty amazing too. I def recomend it rodrigo. Most of the books have been made into movie form as well if you don't enjoi reading.

The stay gold thing is used in alot of songs and i have seen it on a shirt or two as well. I think gold is considered to be one of the more pure forms of metal.

Stay gold pony boy.

AModernMyth007
05-14-2007, 03:12 PM
i havent

You need to! haha But seriously, it is pretty good.

I doubt the movie was very big outside of the US and even when it could have been, it's pretty obscure now 25 years later.

I didnt think about international, thats probably true.

You did the ousiders in the 12th grade? My school did it in the 8th grade. It is a great book.

I read it/watched it in 8th grade too, I loved it.

Pixie
05-17-2007, 11:04 AM

We've also read it in school. I think it is the best book we've ever read in our english lessons.

hardcoretta
05-17-2007, 03:41 PM
i think i've never read any book at school xD!

straightXed
05-17-2007, 04:09 PM
i think i've never read any book at school xD!

Is that down to the school ordown to you?