PDA

View Full Version : UK People

D1988
03-15-2007, 11:11 AM
Hi,

Anyone going to facedown this coming weekend?

www.myspace.com/lastexilepromotions

Thats the link to the promoters myspace, details of the gig are on there.

Its pretty crazy, the gigs at like the opposite end of the UK in London for me, I wasn't gonna go until my mate called me and was like I am booking bus tickets are you coming? So I basically agree'd and planned a trip to London within 15 minutes. But yeah it should be amazing.

Anyone else from the UK or even America going?

Theres people coming over from Boston just to go to this gig!

D1988
03-20-2007, 06:29 AM
Just delete this Dusty, thanks.

straightXed
03-20-2007, 10:11 AM
Just delete this Dusty, thanks.

why do you want it deleted?

D1988
03-20-2007, 12:30 PM
why do you want it deleted?

It's passed now.

Unless anyone went and wants to talk about it?

xsecx
03-20-2007, 12:34 PM
It's passed now.

there is always that chance. did you go? if so, how was it?

D1988
03-20-2007, 12:56 PM
there is always that chance. did you go? if so, how was it?

Yeah me and my mates went to it.

It was pretty awesome, there was a few edge kids there and some of them were in bands which was cool because where I live there is no posi hardcore bands, its all this chun chun metallic kinds of stuff. So it was pretty cool seeing them, but seeing bands like TRC and Special Move from down London way was pretty insane, the mosh was crazy.

Overnight on the bus for 8 and a half hours however was not fun at all, had to do that going to London and coming back, so was feeling pretty horrible after that.

And going to Brixton was not a good idea either, people shouting SCUM at us kinda gave us the hint.

straightXed
03-20-2007, 12:58 PM
It's passed now.

sure, discussing it would be better than deleting it i feel.

D1988
03-20-2007, 12:58 PM
sure, discussing it would be better than deleting it i feel.

Was anyone on here at the show?

straightXed
03-20-2007, 01:05 PM
Yeah me and my mates went to it.

It was pretty awesome, there was a few edge kids there and some of them were in bands which was cool because where I live there is no posi hardcore bands, its all this chun chun metallic kinds of stuff. So it was pretty cool seeing them, but seeing bands like TRC and Special Move from down London way was pretty insane, the mosh was crazy.

Overnight on the bus for 8 and a half hours however was not fun at all, had to do that going to London and coming back, so was feeling pretty horrible after that.

And going to Brixton was not a good idea either, people shouting SCUM at us kinda gave us the hint.

Special move have been around forever now, they dropped of the face of the earth for a while. What did you think of captain insano and coach calhoun?

straightXed
03-20-2007, 01:06 PM
Was anyone on here at the show?

i don't know, i'm sure they would have said if they were.

D1988
03-20-2007, 07:39 PM
Special move have been around forever now, they dropped of the face of the earth for a while. What did you think of captain insano and coach calhoun?

Special Move are awesome!

Captain Insano were pretty good, the Sunday was totally different from the Saturday, like half the ammount of people showed and the bands got barely a response. Coach Calhoun, hmmmm I missed them when I was trying to meet up with friends on the Tube, are they any good? they got music on the net?

Get Fucking Dead, first band on the Saturday were awesome! I realy liked them and got their CD.

TRC, Special Move, Brutallity Will Prevail, Burning Scars Of Betrayal were all insane!

Misssed six ft ditch because some guy misinformed us of tube times so I was actually angry at that, like realy realy pissed off.

Missed Diction because of having to travel back to Scotland, again, very angry at this.

straightXed
03-21-2007, 11:50 AM
Special Move are awesome!

Captain Insano were pretty good, the Sunday was totally different from the Saturday, like half the ammount of people showed and the bands got barely a response. Coach Calhoun, hmmmm I missed them when I was trying to meet up with friends on the Tube, are they any good? they got music on the net?

Get Fucking Dead, first band on the Saturday were awesome! I realy liked them and got their CD.

TRC, Special Move, Brutallity Will Prevail, Burning Scars Of Betrayal were all insane!

Misssed six ft ditch because some guy misinformed us of tube times so I was actually angry at that, like realy realy pissed off.

Missed Diction because of having to travel back to Scotland, again, very angry at this.

special move are ok, nothing special and have always leant to much towards metal for my liking. Captain insano are one of the best examples of posi hardcore on the bill, cop out are good too. Not really into the metally stuff myself though so it wouldn't have been much of an event for me.

D1988
03-21-2007, 12:11 PM
special move are ok, nothing special and have always leant to much towards metal for my liking. Captain insano are one of the best examples of posi hardcore on the bill, cop out are good too. Not really into the metally stuff myself though so it wouldn't have been much of an event for me.

Yeah, I love posi stuff more than anything but I do love the metally stuff too to be honest.

Cop Out were pretty good.

There was a huge hype for Jailbait playing but I didnt think much of them to be honest.

Mishap from Manchester are a realy new band, I liked them.

If it wasn't for the amazing mosh I dont think the metally bands would be any good to be honest.

straightXed
03-21-2007, 01:00 PM
If it wasn't for the amazing mosh I dont think the metally bands would be any good to be honest.

dancing to dull music doesn't make it any better for me, in fact i would have no desire to dance. UK churns out way to much metal for the hardcore scene.

D1988
03-21-2007, 06:24 PM
dancing to dull music doesn't make it any better for me, in fact i would have no desire to dance. UK churns out way to much metal for the hardcore scene.

Yeah it aint so dull though to be honest, but because all of your friends are having a good time and the band have good reception from all fo the crowd its a hell of a rush.

I guess it depends what you are into though, I could see people not so into the music wouldn't find it any good at all.

There is some all dayer down in Brighton soon? Do you know anything of this?

straightXed
03-22-2007, 11:34 AM
Yeah it aint so dull though to be honest, but because all of your friends are having a good time and the band have good reception from all fo the crowd its a hell of a rush.

I find it dull, especially when compared to how much more exciting and fun it is when the band is awesome, seriously i find it to be worlds apart. awesome bands make awesome shows, bands that you honestly don't think would be any good minus the up for it crowd don't generally make awesome shows.

I guess it depends what you are into though, I could see people not so into the music wouldn't find it any good at all.

yeah i much prefer straight up hardcore, i find that there is often a much higher level of raw energy at shows like that. I also find regular shows with less bands are a lot more fun than alldayers, small alldayers are cool when its similar types of bands but i find the bigger alldayers and 2 day events have me sitting through a lot of bands i have little interest in.

Yeah i had a couple of flyers about some stuff on the south coast and in brum and theres that essex fest too. Theres a couple of free shows near me which seems to appeal to me more!!

D1988
03-22-2007, 12:37 PM
yeah i much prefer straight up hardcore, i find that there is often a much higher level of raw energy at shows like that. I also find regular shows with less bands are a lot more fun than alldayers, small alldayers are cool when its similar types of bands but i find the bigger alldayers and 2 day events have me sitting through a lot of bands i have little interest in.

I agree with that, mid way through day 2 it was just sitting around through the bands and losing interest all together. If you go to a show and see 2 band you realy realy like after the show you are wanting more and its gonna keep people wanting to go back to shows, but with all dayers you notice quite alot of people get bored after listening to so many bands and being there sooo long, they aint gonna be encouraged to go to another gig like that. I can understand what your saying :)

Yeah i had a couple of flyers about some stuff on the south coast and in brum and theres that essex fest too. Theres a couple of free shows near me which seems to appeal to me more!!

Well, I heard the Brighton one was meant to be realy good. When is it and who is playing?

Post some of the details of the other shows if you can, thanks.

Paracetamol
03-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Silly that I missed this thread. Yes I was at Facedown. Don't know if you have seen but this guy: http://www.myspace.com/its_story_of_my_life has some decent photos of the Saturday. I have to be in the right mood for get fucking dead. Mis-hap did it for me!

Do you mean Trouble By The Sea? The weekend show for 13th-15th April? Or some other all dayer?

Paracetamol
03-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Post some of the details of the other shows if you can, thanks.

I know that comment was meant for Ed, but there's a sort of all-dayer in Birmingham on March 31st at a skate park. Your life is a grave, abandon Ship, run like hell, dead sea fucking scrolls, edict of intolerance. Not really my kind of stuff except for abandon ship. I'll try and find the flyer if you're interested.

D1988
03-23-2007, 05:09 AM
Silly that I missed this thread. Yes I was at Facedown. Don't know if you have seen but this guy: http://www.myspace.com/its_story_of_my_life has some decent photos of the Saturday. I have to be in the right mood for get fucking dead. Mis-hap did it for me!

Do you mean Trouble By The Sea? The weekend show for 13th-15th April? Or some other all dayer?

Thanks for the link the pics are real good :)

I don't know if it is "Trouble By The Sea" sorry, I met a new friend from Leeds for Facedown and he was talking about going, I don't know much about it at all, I do however know it is in April so that is most likely it, you got any more details of it?

D1988
03-23-2007, 05:11 AM
I know that comment was meant for Ed, but there's a sort of all-dayer in Birmingham on March 31st at a skate park. Your life is a grave, abandon Ship, run like hell, dead sea fucking scrolls, edict of intolerance. Not really my kind of stuff except for abandon ship. I'll try and find the flyer if you're interested.

Abandon Ship are pretty good.

I probably wouldn't make that trip to see those bands though but please post the flyer though :)

Thanks

Paracetamol
03-23-2007, 10:38 AM
I'm not very good at posting images so excuse all the myspace links.

The details for Trouble By The Sea are on here:
http://www.myspace.com/brightonhardcore

Looks pretty awesome! I'm going for the Saturday and Sunday.

The details for 4 Birmingham shows are on here:
http://www.myspace.com/skunk25

They don't look brilliant to me. Won't be going to them.

D1988
03-23-2007, 10:49 AM
I'm not very good at posting images so excuse all the myspace links.

The details for Trouble By The Sea are on here:
http://www.myspace.com/brightonhardcore

Looks pretty awesome! I'm going for the Saturday and Sunday.

The details for 4 Birmingham shows are on here:
http://www.myspace.com/skunk25

They don't look brilliant to me. Won't be going to them.

Its OK the myspace links was probably a better idea anyway, thanks alot.

The Brighton show is calling me!!!! and TRC are playing, crazy mosh.

The Birmingham shows all got good bands playing but on different dates, theres 3 bands i would like to see there but they are all playing the different gigs, I won't be going to those.

How in gods name do I get to Brighton from Fife in Scotland, how far is it from London?

I need to look into this, where are you from?

Ed your in Portsmouth right? You going to the Brighton show?

Paracetamol
03-23-2007, 11:18 AM
Brighton is about an hour and a half on the train from London. I don't know how you would get there easily from Fife, haha! If you really are planning on going, you will have to email brightonhardcore@googlemail.com to reserve tickets - I don't know how many will be left by now. It is a pretty decent weekend!

I'm in Oxford by the way.

D1988
03-23-2007, 12:10 PM
Brighton is about an hour and a half on the train from London. I don't know how you would get there easily from Fife, haha! If you really are planning on going, you will have to email brightonhardcore@googlemail.com to reserve tickets - I don't know how many will be left by now. It is a pretty decent weekend!

I'm in Oxford by the way.

Jesus.

Getting there is one thing, staying somewhere there is another thing, getting home is another.

My first thought is fly to London (oh god) then get to Brighton somehow, I'll speak to my gran she is like some sort of travelling down south guru.

What happened to the good ole days of £9.99 return flights. :(

You got myspace or MSN or something?

Also Ed you got MSN or AIM or anything?