PDA

View Full Version : Is 2-Step a Sport?

Reno_Edge
03-06-2007, 10:35 AM
I Think So. I mean its something you do for fun, you get a good work out and its something alot of pple do in diffrent hometowns....lol

Moshing is hella fun and i love to 2-Step

do you think its a sport?

xADRIANx
03-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Any thing is a sport these days. I mean some people think that competitive eating is a sport.
________
Kitchen Measures (http://kitchenmeasures.com/)

sxcwhitegrl
03-08-2007, 03:21 PM
ok i have never been in a mosh pit and found person 2 stepping....and if i did i pushed them out of my way

straightXed
03-09-2007, 09:03 AM
ok i have never been in a mosh pit and found person 2 stepping....and if i did i pushed them out of my way

are you saying you don't see people 2 stepping at shows? Do you push people out your way because you are dancing?

Crasshole702
05-07-2009, 01:17 AM
Moshing...its a contact sport haha

x.Xmiss_SmogX.x
05-07-2009, 06:52 AM
Moshing...its a contact sport haha

i agree lol and its an awesome work out

Segadoway
05-10-2009, 06:03 AM
It's not a sport in the same way Parkour isn't
and if you push people for 2 stepping then you are a cock.

straightXed
05-10-2009, 10:41 AM
It's not a sport in the same way Parkour isn't
and if you push people for 2 stepping then you are a cock.

So parkour isn't a sport?

easy
05-10-2009, 10:44 AM
So parkour isn't a sport?

what is parkour?

straightXed
05-10-2009, 10:58 AM
what is parkour?

Its like extreme going for a stroll!

Segadoway
05-11-2009, 06:37 AM
Its like extreme going for a stroll!
That is pretty much the most awesome explanation ever.
And yeah i thought about it and it isn't really a sport, it seems that i was mislead by the masses.

JoeyX
05-17-2009, 01:54 AM
I don't consider it a sport. To me a sport is people competing to win. Unless you're a meathead trying to be the biggest/toughest dude in the pit than no. I mean if you consider yourself a "tough guy" or whatever, and you look around to see who you can beat up haha, or act harder than, than yeah sure haha.

Segadoway
05-19-2009, 08:25 AM
I don't consider it a sport. To me a sport is people competing to win. Unless you're a meathead trying to be the biggest/toughest dude in the pit than no. I mean if you consider yourself a "tough guy" or whatever, and you look around to see who you can beat up haha, or act harder than, than yeah sure haha.

There is a hardcore dancing competition near me soon, and i am competing :)

SgtD
05-19-2009, 08:28 AM
There is a hardcore dancing competition near me soon, and i am competing :)

i seriously hope you're just kidding.

JoeyX
05-24-2009, 01:04 AM
i seriously hope you're just kidding.

I 2nd that. Hardcore dancing competitions? ....ugh, what has hardcore come to? lol.

Segadoway
05-24-2009, 07:39 AM
Less a competition, and more an excuse to get some of the better bands playing, the venues can be really.....bitch about it.
and a good excuse to educate some of the idiots on mosh etiquette

JoeyX
05-26-2009, 03:18 AM
Less a competition, and more an excuse to get some of the better bands playing, the venues can be really.....bitch about it.
and a good excuse to educate some of the idiots on mosh etiquette

Mosh Etiquette, as in like rules? If there are rules to dancing and rules to hardcore, than count me out. I mean I know there are general knowledge of what hardcore music is, and what hardcore dancing is, but sounds like you mean there are rules.

straightXed
05-26-2009, 09:57 AM
Mosh Etiquette, as in like rules? If there are rules to dancing and rules to hardcore, than count me out. I mean I know there are general knowledge of what hardcore music is, and what hardcore dancing is, but sounds like you mean there are rules.

Theres always rules.

x JAMES x
05-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Never 2-step during a breakdown.

Don't push mosh when people are trying to dance.

These are a given. -_-

JoeyX
05-27-2009, 02:41 AM

These are a given. -_-

Not that I would obviously. But if I was to 2-step during a breakdown, would I melt?...would I be shunned from being considered a hardcore kid? lol. I say, if you enjoy hardcore, and go to hardcore shows, and fully support hardcore, than that is what hardcore is, not a set of rules for me to obeyed by, a part of hardcore to me is about leaning away from societies laws and politics, etc. Thats just me. Now like I said, obviously I don't "2-step" to a breakdown, but if some hardcore kid feels the need to do so, let them.

straightXed
05-27-2009, 08:54 AM
Not that I would obviously. But if I was to 2-step during a breakdown, would I melt?...would I be shunned from being considered a hardcore kid? lol. I say, if you enjoy hardcore, and go to hardcore shows, and fully support hardcore, than that is what hardcore is, not a set of rules for me to obeyed by, a part of hardcore to me is about leaning away from societies laws and politics, etc. Thats just me. Now like I said, obviously I don't "2-step" to a breakdown, but if some hardcore kid feels the need to do so, let them.

you do realise you just listed rules for what you think hardcore is about right? There are always rules.

JoeyX
05-27-2009, 04:15 PM
you do realise you just listed rules for what you think hardcore is about right? There are always rules.

I didn't list rules. I listed general observations of what hardcore was/is and has become. But I don't think you have to live by rules to be a hardcore kid. Rules are not to be broken, if someone breaks them does that mean they aren't hardcore? If I was to 2-step during a breakdown, does that mean I would be breaking the rules of being a hardcore kid? In my eyes, FUCK NO.

straightxed, I think you like arguing/debating with me haha, I don't know I just get that feeling.

straightXed
05-28-2009, 10:36 AM
I didn't list rules. I listed general observations of what hardcore was/is and has become. But I don't think you have to live by rules to be a hardcore kid.

To be a hardcore kid you have to be into hardcore...thats the rule. Thats also pretty much what you observed.

Rules are not to be broken, if someone breaks them does that mean they aren't hardcore? If I was to 2-step during a breakdown, does that mean I would be breaking the rules of being a hardcore kid? In my eyes, FUCK NO.

If you really went against the rule that governs what a hardcore is then you wouldn't really be a hardcore kid...there are always rules, thats just the way it is.

straightxed, I think you like arguing/debating with me haha, I don't know I just get that feeling.

I have no idea who you are, i recognise the name but have no idea what we have discussed before...not enough conversation to know you or know if i like discussing things with you. i simply read posts and respond when i have something to say, don't take it personal, its all just reactions based on what you write.

D1988
05-28-2009, 10:53 AM

These are a given. -_-

Push mosh, circle pits, pile on's and stage dives are the only ways to mosh. Dance hard or die! (Raybeez didn't mean your crazy spin kickin windmill crap, incase you thought he did).

easy
05-29-2009, 05:42 PM
push mosh, circle pits, pile on's and stage dives are the only ways to mosh. Dance hard or die! (raybeez didn't mean your crazy spin kickin windmill crap, incase you thought he did).

ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mouseman004
05-30-2009, 01:33 PM
Push mosh, circle pits, pile on's and stage dives are the only ways to mosh. Dance hard or die! (Raybeez didn't mean your crazy spin kickin windmill crap, incase you thought he did).

Agreed!

JoeyX
05-31-2009, 02:24 AM
I have no idea who you are, i recognise the name but have no idea what we have discussed before...not enough conversation to know you or know if i like discussing things with you. i simply read posts and respond when i have something to say, don't take it personal, its all just reactions based on what you write.

Alright cool.

JoeyX
06-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Push moshing is lame. To me push moshing is for nu-metal kids.

MrMcKeigue
06-22-2009, 09:07 PM
My first circle pit involved slick shoe bottoms... I fell down three times. (dumbass :D) But main point: It was fun.