PDA

View Full Version : afi

xsecx
02-11-2007, 02:46 PM
someone please explain to me the appeal of the band in it's current incarnation.

rodrigo
02-11-2007, 03:46 PM
someone please explain to me the appeal of the band in it's current incarnation.
learn new ways to use make up

xGriffox
02-11-2007, 06:58 PM
I'm sorry dusty but december underground is a phenomenal album. All of it is pure gold except the only hit, miss murder. Miss murder is dreadful, the rest of it is amazing. Not to mention the band still has an awesome live show.

give the album a listen and try not to judge it to fast, it'll grow on you.

xsecx
02-11-2007, 07:30 PM
I'm sorry dusty but december underground is a phenomenal album. All of it is pure gold except the only hit, miss murder. Miss murder is dreadful, the rest of it is amazing. Not to mention the band still has an awesome live show.

give the album a listen and try not to judge it to fast, it'll grow on you.

what about it is phenomenal? everything I've seen and heard from this band lately has been style over substance and a group of people who really have bought into their own hype.

jessyshmukums
02-13-2007, 08:04 PM
oh my. i like afi, personally. i like their new album alot... but sadly... :(( much to my dismay i don't "love" it. it's good... but it could be better. i hate bashing them, but i kind of was expecting just a little bit more 'umph' from Decemberunderground.

xsecx
02-13-2007, 09:56 PM
oh my. i like afi, personally. i like their new album alot... but sadly... :(( much to my dismay i don't "love" it. it's good... but it could be better. i hate bashing them, but i kind of was expecting just a little bit more 'umph' from Decemberunderground.

none of this explains what's good about the bad though.

Michael
02-13-2007, 11:08 PM
its all too crazy how different they were back in 1995 when their first album came out.

D1988
02-14-2007, 02:48 AM
There image is what appeals to people nowadays.

I can't seem to find what is so good about them either.

stepinsideissue
02-15-2007, 02:43 PM

Because MCR and Fall Out Boy need some other crappy band to tour with.

xsecx
02-15-2007, 03:26 PM

I actually find the new single from MCR more listenable than the last 2 from AFI.

SgtD
02-15-2007, 04:28 PM
afi is touring with soia right now...and even the fact that they were friends from way back doesn't make it less lame.

strombollii
02-15-2007, 05:50 PM
I actually find the new single from MCR more listenable than the last 2 from AFI.

Yes, AFI has turned into an overproduced supergroup, but their music has at least progressed in relation to the band growing as an entity. Looking at their first EP's and then following through Black Sails, their music has grown and matured (and I personally don't really like it whatsoever).

However, I feel that nothing that MCR has released recently (or ever) can really compare to AFI's work...at least AFI remains loyal to their fans and plays old stuff at shows...MCR has no old stuff to play at shows -- they're a pathetic ripoff of bands that blatently ripped off rites of spring (if that makes sense).
...yeah, I'm opinionated.

jessyshmukums
02-15-2007, 06:06 PM
none of this explains what's good about the bad though.

i just like thier sound. on some songs i really like thier lyrics (there are songs on some of their albums with either unsettling or lame lyrics though...) and the way they treat their fans. they don't act like they are just stupid fan kids, even though alot of them are, and i just like the way they respect them and thier peers. it doesn't feel like your just part of a bulk of fans, you actually feel somewhat accepted, in a sense (even though they don't know you even exist).

but sadly ive also noticed that they have changed in that sense a little bit and aren't as humble as they used to be.

does that answer your question? :)