PDA

View Full Version : Naptown Roller Girls

SmackieOnassis
02-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Roller Derby is totally DIY.
It also totally needs your support.
Support your local roller derby league and support the strongest and most fiercely independent women you will ever meet.
www.naptownrollergirls.com

xsecx
02-09-2007, 11:48 AM
Roller Derby is totally DIY.
It also totally needs your support.
Support your local roller derby league and support the strongest and most fiercely independent women you will ever meet.

so why should I support them?

SmackieOnassis
03-23-2007, 12:23 PM
Come see the Naptown Tornado Sirens take on the Minnesota North Start Roller Girls in a little bout we like to call "Northern Lights Out!"
check out our website for details:

xsecx
03-23-2007, 01:04 PM
Come see the Naptown Tornado Sirens take on the Minnesota North Start Roller Girls in a little bout we like to call "Northern Lights Out!"
check out our website for details:

why should we?

CarlaRant
12-03-2008, 09:31 AM
why should we?

Because roller derby is completely badass and building up to be recognized as a real sport done by real women. As stated in the original post, the leagues are completely DIY and need as much support as possible. Check out the Women's Flat Track Derby Association for your local league: http://www.wftda.com/ If you love mosh pits, then you'll love roller derby.

Sorry to dig up a dead thread, but I just LOVE derby. My mother was a derby queen and I used to play with AZRD until I broke my ankle.

D1988
12-03-2008, 10:09 AM
So can pretty much anything just be called a "sport" nowadays?

mouseman004
12-03-2008, 11:20 AM

Hey, if golf can be considered a sport, so can roller skating and beating each other up!

xsecx
12-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Because roller derby is completely badass and building up to be recognized as a real sport done by real women. As stated in the original post, the leagues are completely DIY and need as much support as possible. Check out the Women's Flat Track Derby Association for your local league: http://www.wftda.com/ If you love mosh pits, then you'll love roller derby.

Sorry to dig up a dead thread, but I just LOVE derby. My mother was a derby queen and I used to play with AZRD until I broke my ankle.

nah, it was directed to the fact that someone just came to promote their event and not to actually interact with anyone.

easy
12-03-2008, 02:02 PM
why should we?

hahahaha ya hahahaha

CarlaRant
12-03-2008, 02:21 PM
nah, it was directed to the fact that someone just came to promote their event and not to actually interact with anyone.

Gotcha. I just got excited.

CarlaRant
12-03-2008, 02:28 PM

Well by definition, yes it is a sport. It's an athletic activity that is competitive in nature. Most leagues have the girls practice 2-4 times a week, there's a try-out period, and there are definitely rules in place if they're associated with the national derby association.