PDA

View Full Version : Records - 7", 12"

D1988
01-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Sup guys,

OK I got quite a few records now, started buying a few 7" splits etc, some 12" aswell maybe got a little collection starting.

I notice on most people lists they have the likes of "'#9 of 100 on red vinyl"

Where the hell do you get this information if the record hasn't been numbered?

I have 1 or 2 that are hand numbered here but I have some on coloured vinyl and I cannot find the ammounts that were pressed on certain colours or certain dates etc. This may seem silly, but I kinda want to know, it interests me. Thanks.

xGriffox
01-10-2007, 07:46 PM
unless its numbered somehow you can't tell the specific number, however you can often find pressing info (like number of a certain color pressed) on the bands website or the label that put out the vinyl. and just for fun, here's my record list http://www.recordnerd.com/lists/griffin

straightXed
01-11-2007, 08:56 AM
Sup guys,

OK I got quite a few records now, started buying a few 7" splits etc, some 12" aswell maybe got a little collection starting.

I notice on most people lists they have the likes of "'#9 of 100 on red vinyl"

Where the hell do you get this information if the record hasn't been numbered?

I have 1 or 2 that are hand numbered here but I have some on coloured vinyl and I cannot find the ammounts that were pressed on certain colours or certain dates etc. This may seem silly, but I kinda want to know, it interests me. Thanks.

If its not numbered on the record or sleeve its more than likely not a limited pressing and came from a large press, a lot of bands use coloured vinyl just as much as black vinyl.

D1988
01-11-2007, 06:45 PM
If its not numbered on the record or sleeve its more than likely not a limited pressing and came from a large press, a lot of bands use coloured vinyl just as much as black vinyl.

Yeah your right there. But even still people have the ammounts of each pressing even if it was a large quantity that was pressed.

I dunno, I guess I could look even harder on the internet :)

D1988
01-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Heres my very small list :)

http://www.recordnerd.com/lists/xDCx/

straightXed
01-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Yeah your right there. But even still people have the ammounts of each pressing even if it was a large quantity that was pressed.

I dunno, I guess I could look even harder on the internet :)

yeah but why would you care about how many rather non exclusive records were in the large ass pressing?

D1988
01-14-2007, 05:47 PM
yeah but why would you care about how many rather non exclusive records were in the large ass pressing?

I wanna make the information on my list as full as I can.

It interests me to know these things, I like things to be complete and precise.

It's the way I am.

straightXed
01-15-2007, 10:43 AM
I wanna make the information on my list as full as I can.

It interests me to know these things, I like things to be complete and precise.

It's the way I am.

in everything or just vinyl?

D1988
01-16-2007, 02:50 AM
in everything or just vinyl?

Just the vinyl