PDA

View Full Version : How can you tell....

sxeforlife555
12-31-2006, 03:57 PM
If a band is straight edge or not? Because I have found out about some bands, like Scars of Tomorrow, etc. and I have no idea if they are straight edge or not. Sorry if this is a noob question, but I am just curious.

xsecx
01-01-2007, 06:20 PM
If a band is straight edge or not? Because I have found out about some bands, like Scars of Tomorrow, etc. and I have no idea if they are straight edge or not. Sorry if this is a noob question, but I am just curious.

most tend to be very vocal about being edge, ie. x'd up at shows, straight edge merch, etc

sxeforlife555
01-01-2007, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the help. By the way, if a band is vegetarian, can they also be a possible candidate for straight edge?

xsecx
01-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the help. By the way, if a band is vegetarian, can they also be a possible candidate for straight edge?

it's possible, but not necessarily.

sxeforlife555
01-02-2007, 04:00 PM
So, I bought a band by the name of Set Your Goals today, and I am curious as to whether or not they are straight edge. If you or anyone else knows I would gladly appreciate it, because they are a good band. They seem straight edge, but I am not sure. So if anyone has any information at all. I would gladly appreciate it.

SgtD
01-03-2007, 12:49 AM
So, I bought a band by the name of Set Your Goals today, and I am curious as to whether or not they are straight edge. If you or anyone else knows I would gladly appreciate it, because they are a good band. They seem straight edge, but I am not sure. So if anyone has any information at all. I would gladly appreciate it.
as far as i remember, their songs don't promote sxe, I know some members are edge though.

straightXed
01-03-2007, 08:23 AM

"Is Set Your Goals a special band in any sense? Like, are you straight edge or do you follow some youth positive beliefs as it was in the 80's with bands as Gorilla Biscuits, Youth Of Today, Shelter, etc?
Most of us are edge but we are not a straight edge band by any means.Half of us are also vegetarian so yes we do follow some of the same belief structures as early youth crew bands such as YOT and GB. As far as being positive, I have learned in life that there is nothing to gain from being a negative person so to do so is counterproductive."

sxeforlife555
01-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Thanks. That has helped me a lot!! Haha. Again, many thanks for your contributions to my wimpy little thread.