PDA

View Full Version : it's official

xsecx
09-08-2006, 03:26 PM
http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?ITEM=825110&LS=0

straight edge is dead.

xvunderx
09-08-2006, 03:41 PM
That is so horrible. I fucking hate Hot Topic.

straightXed
09-08-2006, 03:45 PM
i'm predicting a CM punk/hot topic alliance will kick and spit on the corpse of straightedge.

mouseman004
09-08-2006, 05:13 PM
Wow....they've managed to turn a subculture into a fashion statement.

kelly
09-08-2006, 06:32 PM
... but why.. I don't understand... letterman jacket? wtf?

pittstonjoma
09-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Seems a little weird for such a preppy jacket to be made in the name of straight edge.. o.o

mouseman004
09-08-2006, 07:18 PM

Its so you can wear your beliefs on your sleeve!

xsecx
09-08-2006, 07:44 PM

that's the part that makes it REALLY shitty. dudes in the late 80s and early 90s wore them.

Ash1337
09-09-2006, 03:30 AM
Ewwwwwwwwwww

stepinsideissue
09-10-2006, 09:13 PM
Up next Hot Topic sXe greeting cards.

mouseman004
09-10-2006, 10:50 PM

Or a Throwdown marker thats PERFECT for X'ing up at shows!

Wait a second, thats been done already.

kelly
09-11-2006, 10:21 AM
they made a marker? what?
wow, glad i don't pay attention.

Michael
09-12-2006, 08:33 PM
wow. just wow. And back to the CM Punk thing, yes I think he will have a lot of people claiming edge who don't have the slightest clue its relation to hardcore music or anything about sxe in general. I have no problem telling people CM Punk introduced me to straight edge, but before I even claimed edge I made sure I knew everything I could about it and I had kind of started listening to hardcore about the time I heard of Straight Edge so it worked out perfectly. But there are so many people already at school and stuff who claim edge and they don't have the slightest clue who Minor Threat is or any other hardcore or edge band for that matter.

xdoylex
09-24-2006, 01:46 PM
Its too bad that Hot Topic went so fucking wrong. From what I've read on it, they had humble beginnings, just a store that tried to promote hardcore music in a mainstream society. However, along the way something fucked up. My theory is that they didn't get enough business so they had to resort to that gimmicky mall goth shit that they sell. That's when it becamse just a fashion bull shit store that sold shitty albums and even shittier clothing. Straight edge letterman jackets to hell. If I ever saw someone actually wearing that I would be shocked.

xsecx
09-24-2006, 04:43 PM
Its too bad that Hot Topic went so fucking wrong. From what I've read on it, they had humble beginnings, just a store that tried to promote hardcore music in a mainstream society. However, along the way something fucked up. My theory is that they didn't get enough business so they had to resort to that gimmicky mall goth shit that they sell. That's when it becamse just a fashion bull shit store that sold shitty albums and even shittier clothing. Straight edge letterman jackets to hell. If I ever saw someone actually wearing that I would be shocked.

where did you read that? Hot topic hasn't had anything to do with "hardcore" until fairly recently.

xdoylex
09-26-2006, 11:16 PM
where did you read that? Hot topic hasn't had anything to do with "hardcore" until fairly recently.

When my friend applied there, which i still cant figure out why he did that because he hates mall goths, they gave him a book that told the history of Hot Topic. I suppose thinking back that could be a different history than the way it really went down. Who knows, who cares, they suck now.

stepinsideissue
09-26-2006, 11:47 PM
When my friend applied there, which i still cant figure out why he did that because he hates mall goths, they gave him a book that told the history of Hot Topic. I suppose thinking back that could be a different history than the way it really went down. Who knows, who cares, they suck now.

And they didn't suck before????

mouseman004
09-27-2006, 12:49 AM
Im not going to lie, I have 2 ninja turtle jackets from hot topic:(

Other then those jackets i hate the idea of the store.

xdoylex
09-27-2006, 01:03 PM
And they didn't suck before????

considering i didnt know of hot topic when it began in california, i suppopse I cant make an educated statement about what it was like before.

stepinsideissue
09-28-2006, 01:51 AM
Im not going to lie, I have 2 ninja turtle jackets from hot topic:(

Other then those jackets i hate the idea of the store.

Considering how much you like TMNT I won't harass you to much on how you got the jackets

hxcsxe
09-29-2006, 07:22 AM
sxe on fag pakets and corn flakes boxes

xbustedx
09-29-2006, 11:51 PM
why?, why do they insist on doing this?

why does that store try to destroy everything I love?

mouseman004
09-30-2006, 01:07 AM
Considering how much you like TMNT I won't harass you to much on how you got the jackets

Thanks, I appreciate it.

xvunderx
09-30-2006, 07:03 AM
why?, why do they insist on doing this?

why does that store try to destroy everything I love?

Because that's what it is designed to do, and for a long time it was a profitable model. Hot Topic is basicaly satans work.

If it's any comfort their sales have been declining.

xsecx
09-30-2006, 07:16 AM
considering i didnt know of hot topic when it began in california, i suppopse I cant make an educated statement about what it was like before.

it has always actively targeted up and coming subcultures to market to. It's involvement with "hardcore" has been fairly recent, about the same time that trustkill started getting popular. it isn't a coincidence that most of the "hardcore" bands you'll find in hot topic are from trustkill and victory.

xbustedx
09-30-2006, 09:07 AM
Because that's what it is designed to do, and for a long time it was a profitable model. Hot Topic is basicaly satans work.

If it's any comfort their sales have been declining.

That is comforting actually, thank you.

I hope that they go out of business. Because to all of my knowledge there isnt a single other store that does that.

xbustedx
09-30-2006, 09:08 AM
it has always actively targeted up and coming subcultures to market to. It's involvement with "hardcore" has been fairly recent, about the same time that trustkill started getting popular. it isn't a coincidence that most of the "hardcore" bands you'll find in hot topic are from trustkill and victory.

So these bands and these record companies have absolutely no problem basically, destroying their reputation among people that actually listen to Hardcore by selling their merchandise at Hot Topic.

xsecx
09-30-2006, 09:13 AM
So these bands and these record companies have absolutely no problem basically, destroying their reputation among people that actually listen to Hardcore by selling their merchandise at Hot Topic.

yes. like this one http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?ITEM=180948&LS=0

xbustedx
09-30-2006, 09:15 AM
yes. like this one http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?ITEM=180948&LS=0

I think I'm gonna have a heart attack...

and why is everything that they sell there, Either Black, or a combonation of Black and Red?

kelly
09-30-2006, 10:48 AM
I think I'm gonna have a heart attack...

and why is everything that they sell there, Either Black, or a combonation of Black and Red?
they don't want to clash with their logo?

xbustedx
10-01-2006, 02:04 AM
they don't want to clash with their logo?

ah...

Tex
10-19-2006, 03:14 PM
What do you guys think of this red hoody?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000FJKGBE/ref=set_0_image_0/102-3249540-1824128?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&img=0&color%5Fname=defaulthttp://www.msn.com/

xsecx
10-19-2006, 09:02 PM
What do you guys think of this red hoody?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000FJKGBE/ref=set_0_image_0/102-3249540-1824128?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&img=0&color%5Fname=defaulthttp://www.msn.com/

i hate the fact that kids can't be more creatlive. that shirt has been around forever.

Tex
10-20-2006, 05:30 PM
i hate the fact that kids can't be more creatlive. that shirt has been around forever.

I agree, personally I think it would be cool if someone used the texas state flag in a sxe shirt. ( I'll have to come up with some different ideas since everyone at my school has a shirt that has something to do with texas.) It makes me angrey when people who haven't been their (spelling?) wear a shirt that has something to do with texas. I ask them where they went in texas, and they say I picked this up at the mall. It just makes me mad.

xCAMIx
10-21-2006, 09:14 AM
I'd buy some..like those belts. Because it doesn't take a weeks worth mail wait.

xCAMIx
10-21-2006, 09:16 AM
My freinds wants to start an edge/veg clothing line. Yeah I wanna make some designs myself.