PDA

View Full Version : Workout music

XprennaX
10-26-2003, 11:18 AM
I thought there was already a thread where people talked about this but I couldn't find it so here's a new one....

for those who workout, what music do you listen to when you do? What helps you push that extra bit harder?

I have two tapes which a friend did for me years ago, when I was first finding out about sXe and hardcore, that I use for working out to. The first one (my favourite of the two) has the following tracks on one side:

Straightedge - Minor threat
True 'til Death - Chain of Strength
This Is Not A Trend - Trial
Force A Change - Strife
Still Straight - Manliftingbanner
Elegy - Day of Suffering
Cats and Dogs - Gorilla Biscuits
More Hate Than Fear - One King Down
Counter - Path of Resistance
In My Heart - Veil
Take Pride - Step Back
Blind - Acme
When The Smoke Clears - Abnegation
Battlecries - Liar
Man's Cry - Die My Will
Not One Truth - Hatebreed
Without Questioning - Nine
Expectations - Youth of Today

and on the other side is the Demons Run Amok album by Stampin' Ground. My second workout tape is a collection of MCD's and individual tracks from:

Halfmast
Area Effect
Culture
Turning Point
No Escape
Gorilla Biscuits
xClearx
Sum of All Fears
Morning Again
97a

Both tapes get me really motivated and help my push harder.

So anybody have a special selection of music for working out?

flame_still_burns
10-30-2003, 06:48 AM
most of my hardcore stuff is on vinyl and i have a cd walkman...but no cd burner. so i have a pretty small collection of cd's that i use when i go run or lift weights.

i listen to the misfits boxset sometimes.

or i have some earth crisis i'll listen to, i'm not a huge earth crisis fan, but i can sure run to it.

other times i'll listen to non-hardcore stuff, like wilco.

i'm trying to find a way to get LP's onto MP3(without first burning them to cd), so i could have all my old hardcore on portable player.

sabresnmets
11-26-2003, 04:12 PM
all i know is at my gym, all they play is wbli which is fucking pop music, and r&b it is the least inspiring music to lift to!

SgtD
12-04-2003, 03:16 AM
in the gym where i go to AM radio is played, with all the popular shit. never heard a rock song.

sabresnmets
12-05-2003, 09:22 AM
thats what im saying, its like britney spears, justin timberlake, and pop crap like that. i have a discman thank god, but in between songs i am amazed that people actually get into it!!!

xHOWIEX
12-12-2003, 02:03 PM
my god, side one is one hell of a tape, i own every album that those songs are on. lol.

I go to the gym every now and again, but they just play mtv base. but i have a couple of 10kg hand weights and a chin up bar in my room, so most of the time i lift to something really agressive and angry like Carry On or Ten Yard fight, sometimes the metalcore works though, like one king down, every time i die, hulud, or converge.

hot damn i love converge !

sabresnmets
12-28-2003, 09:12 AM
ive been listening to a lot of e town concrete lately

Chance301
12-31-2003, 05:53 PM
i listen to the temptations when im boxing. i dont like hardcore when i box cause it makes me angry and excited and not motown mellows me out when im hitting bags. when im skipping rope or running i listen to foreigner