PDA

View Full Version : press

xsecx
07-27-2006, 10:37 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_4084079#

TylerxRollins
07-28-2006, 03:24 AM
There seems to be something strange in the water in SLC.
{Note that I know little about FSU}
I've read that FSU wasn't started with the intentions of being the way they are either.
But with the overwhelming amount of kids just trying to find a place where they belong, they got hostile to outsiders judging them and became violent.
It's very common in southern california that people link straightedge with violence as well.
At least the writer of that story put in some straightdge history instead of leaving viewers to believe that straightedge is just a bunch of pissed of kids who listen to hardcore punk and like to hit eachother.
ah ridiculous kids.

xvunderx
07-28-2006, 08:24 AM
The only thing that bothered me was how they tried to push edge as mostly violent, and the view that the non violent edgers were the minority pissed me off.

There was some good stuff, but I kinda wish the press would just leave it alone, because all they are doing is attracting more of the negative element to the scene, and creating a monster for every one involved.

Still we should feel lucky they mentioned the non violet aspect at all, since that's more than most do.

TylerxRollins
07-28-2006, 02:17 PM
Isn't Salt Lake City the mormon capital of the U.S?

xsecx
07-28-2006, 02:21 PM
Isn't Salt Lake City the mormon capital of the U.S?

yes, but it was also the militant edge capital of the world for a while now. what's ironic is that from all accounts that I've heard from slc people things have calmed down amazingly and what's happening now is a 10th of what it used to be.

TylerxRollins
07-28-2006, 02:39 PM
You know, I always forget that there are militant edge kids around.
I don't hear about kids being militant anymore except for the occasional "Kill you local drug dealer" shirt.

stepinsideissue
08-02-2006, 07:15 PM
I didn't care for the whole lets tie in the militant animal rights activist thing with sXe. And perhaps I read it wrong but I thought it did a fairly reasonable job at pointing out that sXe else where and in SLC were diffrent. That the violence was a SLC thing more than an edge thing.