PDA

View Full Version : The Label and what your doing about it!

yourdoomawaitsu
06-06-2006, 04:28 PM
Why is it that everytime i metion straightedge to people, they Immediately think we are violent? That makes me so mad. Nobody knows anything about what it really is and what it really means to be straightedge. Most people think i'm weird when i say i'm edge, they think that i'm rebelling against society or something. I started putting opinion articles into the local paper we have here in hopes that it would educate some people on what we stand for and why. The only thing that sucks about it is I can only put 1 in every 30 days so my messege is slow. Anyways I was curious what others are doing to help the movement in a positive way-----anything?

stepinsideissue
06-06-2006, 05:55 PM
Why is it that everytime i metion straightedge to people, they Immediately think we are violent? That makes me so mad. Nobody knows anything about what it really is and what it really means to be straightedge. Most people think i'm weird when i say i'm edge, they think that i'm rebelling against society or something. I started putting opinion articles into the local paper we have here in hopes that it would educate some people on what we stand for and why. The only thing that sucks about it is I can only put 1 in every 30 days so my messege is slow. Anyways I was curious what others are doing to help the movement in a positive way-----anything?

Weren't you the one who wanted to beat up the kids smoking pot on the street corner?

xvunderx
06-06-2006, 06:40 PM
I live my life in a possitive way, and if any one asks me about it or says something I'm willing to educate them on it.

XxXbassist
06-07-2006, 08:55 AM
Weren't you the one who wanted to beat up the kids smoking pot on the street corner?
yeah that kind of fucked up they can destroy they lives. Honestly, it none of your bussiness

stepinsideissue
06-07-2006, 01:53 PM
yeah that kind of fucked up they can destroy they lives. Honestly, it none of your bussiness

I'm not quite following this post. Can you try again.

XBILLYX
06-07-2006, 02:24 PM

being that iam not edge and have asked this same question in a awy. its because their are militant movements that use edge as their front. so even if people dont know what edge is they think we are violent. but when i did call myself edge when people asked i told them about it. i told them everything that i knew or learned from here or other places. you cant force it on people i learned that the hard way. i think what your doing with the newspaper is pretty smart. if people see it and it interests them they will read and learn about the movement.

hidden_verses
06-13-2006, 11:13 AM
Who needs labels anyways? Labels seem like the new -ism, (ex. racism, sexism) you get the point, fuck I don't wanna be known as the hardcore kid, the straightedge kid, fuck in all seriousness I want to be known as Chris, not some label that someone pulled outta there ass so they can be part of a group.

ok thats my rant

xsecx
06-13-2006, 11:19 AM
Who needs labels anyways? Labels seem like the new -ism, (ex. racism, sexism) you get the point, fuck I don't wanna be known as the hardcore kid, the straightedge kid, fuck in all seriousness I want to be known as Chris, not some label that someone pulled outta there ass so they can be part of a group.

ok thats my rant

except that you aren't just chris, you live in a world where people are connected, so why wouldn't you want to choose labels that describe you rather than having them attached to you by someone else, since that's going to happen anyway.

yourdoomawaitsu
06-17-2006, 06:17 PM

ok thats my rant

chris is a label bro! and your parents or whoever gave it to you! just as if you would yourself one

Nam
06-24-2006, 04:38 AM
I just live through example and encourage others to do the same.

xsecx
06-27-2006, 09:19 PM
I just live through example and encourage others to do the same.

this is honestly the best way to do it.

hxcsxe
07-15-2006, 08:22 AM

ok thats my rant

its hard to be yourself our lives are dictated by our suroundings

Raven Among Doves
08-06-2006, 12:10 PM
xsecx posted this somewhere else, I thought it was interesting...
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_4084079#