PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I'm dying of marijuana.

PaulT
04-13-2006, 01:20 AM
The sad thing is, I love it.

Straight edge is really great. Much love for all of you here. Love is really great, and it holds us together.

Marijauna kills, but very slowly. It doesn't kill your body, it kills your soul. It's spiritual self-mutilation, and I love it. I will never be clean, from drugs or from myself. I will never be happy, without drugs or with them. But sometimes, as much as I can, I will be high, and then at least, I will forget.

SgtD
04-13-2006, 03:29 AM

Straight edge is really great. Much love for all of you here. Love is really great, and it holds us together.

Marijauna kills, but very slowly. It doesn't kill your body, it kills your soul. It's spiritual self-mutilation, and I love it. I will never be clean, from drugs or from myself. I will never be happy, without drugs or with them. But sometimes, as much as I can, I will be high, and then at least, I will forget.
sticking your head in the sand will never make a difference, nor will it solve your prolems. a few hours later you're still going to remember what you wanted to forget when you tried to escape it with drugs.
so why do you love it? i see you are aware how shitty it is

xsecx
04-13-2006, 07:38 AM

it sounds like your issues have nothing to do with substance abuse though.

PaulT
04-13-2006, 10:43 AM
it sounds like your issues have nothing to do with substance abuse though.

That's true, but I feel like marijuana is killing me. It makes me so happy, it makes me so in love with life, and people, and everything.

The best analogy I can think of is one an anti-drug speaker used at my middle school, a long time ago. He drew a line on the board that curved upward, then curved downward and levelled off where it started. He said "When you get really happy, or excited," he pointed toward the top of the upward curve "You feel great. You feel 'high'. And when you're done being happy or excited" He pointed toward where the line levelled out "You feel normal again." Then he drew a line that curved sharply upward, and then curved far down. "This is your brain on drugs. You feel very high, and then very low."

But to tell you the truth, I've felt 'low' my whole life before I did drugs, and the only times I've felt normal have been on them.

xsecx
04-13-2006, 11:26 AM
That's true, but I feel like marijuana is killing me. It makes me so happy, it makes me so in love with life, and people, and everything.

The best analogy I can think of is one an anti-drug speaker used at my middle school, a long time ago. He drew a line on the board that curved upward, then curved downward and levelled off where it started. He said "When you get really happy, or excited," he pointed toward the top of the upward curve "You feel great. You feel 'high'. And when you're done being happy or excited" He pointed toward where the line levelled out "You feel normal again." Then he drew a line that curved sharply upward, and then curved far down. "This is your brain on drugs. You feel very high, and then very low."

But to tell you the truth, I've felt 'low' my whole life before I did drugs, and the only times I've felt normal have been on them.

yeah but the issue is mental illness. it's not the drug that's causing those lows. it's not meth or heroin or even coke which can have that effect. Your problem is you're depressed and you're self medicating with weed and until you address your mental issues nothing will change.

PaulT
04-15-2006, 09:50 AM
yeah but the issue is mental illness. it's not the drug that's causing those lows. it's not meth or heroin or even coke which can have that effect. Your problem is you're depressed and you're self medicating with weed and until you address your mental issues nothing will change.

Yeah probably, but weed is easier and cheaper than dealing with problems.

stepinsideissue
04-15-2006, 02:21 PM

It may be easier to you but how is it cheaper?

xsecx
04-15-2006, 02:39 PM

so is suicide.

pittstonjoma
04-15-2006, 07:38 PM
So is finding a hobby.. one that is healthy.. Not drugs.

xbustedx
04-15-2006, 08:49 PM
so is suicide.

True. But I dont think that is a healthy thing to advocate.

PaulT
04-16-2006, 07:53 AM
so is suicide.

Silly admin, trollings for kids.

xsecx
04-16-2006, 08:30 AM
Silly admin, trollings for kids.

It's not trolling. If you want to be miserable and have no desire to improve your life or situation, save yourself and everyone around you time and energy and get off the planet.

xsecx
04-16-2006, 08:31 AM
True. But I dont think that is a healthy thing to advocate.

why isn't it? If someone wants to be miserable and doesn't want to improve their life, they can just cut out the middle man and end it and save the resources for those of us that want to live.

xdoylex
04-23-2006, 09:32 AM
why isn't it? If someone wants to be miserable and doesn't want to improve their life, they can just cut out the middle man and end it and save the resources for those of us that want to live.

while i can see your point, i dont think you would like to be responsible for this kid's death. Not that you would be, but suicide is still probably not a good thing to put in people's heads. Theres always another way and depression is a treatable mental illness. But first, of course, he has to want to be helped.

straightXed
04-23-2006, 10:04 AM
while i can see your point, i dont think you would like to be responsible for this kid's death. Not that you would be, but suicide is still probably not a good thing to put in people's heads. Theres always another way and depression is a treatable mental illness. But first, of course, he has to want to be helped.

That was already covered but seeing as the dude would rather smoke pot because its easy than deal with the issues even though he feels its killing him. Perhaps the idea of suicide will trigger some serious thought that could trigger him to actually want to deal with the issues, i mean its not like the kid was acting hugely suicidal.

xsecx
04-23-2006, 11:36 AM

then how would I bear any responsiblity if he did kill himself? If people don't want to get help and have no intention of getting better even after being self aware of the problem, then why should they stay miserable when they know they can get help and simply don't want to?

xdoylex
04-24-2006, 07:26 AM
then how would I bear any responsiblity if he did kill himself? If people don't want to get help and have no intention of getting better even after being self aware of the problem, then why should they stay miserable when they know they can get help and simply don't want to?

A valid point...im just saying that maybe he will eventually want to find some help. People change, you know.

Dude, I'd say it's a little early to be thinking of suicide, but you definately need to get out of it. You're pyschologically addicted to the high and that's not a good thing(obviously).

xdoylex
04-24-2006, 07:29 AM
That was already covered but seeing as the dude would rather smoke pot because its easy than deal with the issues even though he feels its killing him. Perhaps the idea of suicide will trigger some serious thought that could trigger him to actually want to deal with the issues, i mean its not like the kid was acting hugely suicidal.

you don't have to act hugely suicidal to be suicidal. Something like that is especially hard to see in a forum or even on the internet it general. But that's a good point. Maybe it will get him thinking about the reprecussions if he doesn't step up and deal with his shit.

xvunderx
04-24-2006, 09:09 AM
it's funny, what you describe is one of the biggest reasons I took such a big stand against drugs, and made the choices in my life that lead me to sXe.

Taking drugs is always "easier" the thing is, it's a waste of time and money, you feel good for half an hour, but then your back at square one with the drugs holding you in place.

Finding help isn't a hard thing to do, especially not here in the States. You know pot can make feel good for a few minutes, and you know getting to root of the problem will make you feel good for a prolonged amount of time, and that the good times will out weigh the bad in the too.

But you have to get better, other wise you'll sit in place miserable till your too old to do anything with your life and you have something to truly be miserable about even without a mental illness.

Don't waste your life. Drugs are a weak excuse for weak behaviour.

straightXed
04-24-2006, 09:32 AM
you don't have to act hugely suicidal to be suicidal. Something like that is especially hard to see in a forum or even on the internet it general. But that's a good point. Maybe it will get him thinking about the reprecussions if he doesn't step up and deal with his shit.

And maybe he will kill himself either way its not like anyone here is responsible for that. And further more its not our responsibility to help him, he needs professional therapy not a message board that is easily dismissed if the responses aren't favourable. And if someone is so unstable that a suggestion on a message board would make them top themselves its still down to the persons mental illness, if he doesn't want to change that then the suggestion of suicide seems valid enough. And the point about him not being hugely suicidal is the fact that we can't make everything nice and fluffy for people just because they maybe suicidal. I mean you or i could be suicidal but you run the risk of pandering to every "could be" and "what if" just because people aren't choosing to deal with their problems through the correct measures. Plus its simple really, if you suggest help and they don't want to hear that and you suggest suicide and they want to hear that then its less to do with what you say and more to do with what they want to hear.

xdoylex
04-24-2006, 04:17 PM
And maybe he will kill himself either way its not like anyone here is responsible for that. And further more its not our responsibility to help him, he needs professional therapy not a message board that is easily dismissed if the responses aren't favourable. And if someone is so unstable that a suggestion on a message board would make them top themselves its still down to the persons mental illness, if he doesn't want to change that then the suggestion of suicide seems valid enough. And the point about him not being hugely suicidal is the fact that we can't make everything nice and fluffy for people just because they maybe suicidal. I mean you or i could be suicidal but you run the risk of pandering to every "could be" and "what if" just because people aren't choosing to deal with their problems through the correct measures. Plus its simple really, if you suggest help and they don't want to hear that and you suggest suicide and they want to hear that then its less to do with what you say and more to do with what they want to hear.

well forumlated response. Point taken. That would make this forum difficult to post on if i had to worry about people committing suicide. To you i bow. And applaud. spelling?

PaulT
04-24-2006, 08:13 PM
it's funny, what you describe is one of the biggest reasons I took such a big stand against drugs, and made the choices in my life that lead me to sXe.

Taking drugs is always "easier" the thing is, it's a waste of time and money, you feel good for half an hour, but then your back at square one with the drugs holding you in place.

Finding help isn't a hard thing to do, especially not here in the States. You know pot can make feel good for a few minutes, and you know getting to root of the problem will make you feel good for a prolonged amount of time, and that the good times will out weigh the bad in the too.

But you have to get better, other wise you'll sit in place miserable till your too old to do anything with your life and you have something to truly be miserable about even without a mental illness.

Don't waste your life. Drugs are a weak excuse for weak behaviour.

Or I'll become a rock star.

SgtD
04-25-2006, 02:44 AM
most definitely. that's very likely

xsecx
04-25-2006, 08:45 AM

you're far too lazy for that.

pittstonjoma
04-26-2006, 11:32 AM
I want to become a rock star.. :D