PDA

View Full Version : Awkward Situation

Heno
03-16-2006, 01:55 PM
Hey im really new here (first post) but i kind of need some advice or just to hear if anyones been in a similar situation. ive been straight edge for a while but admittedly i used 2 smoke cannabis and alot of my best friends still do. This is where the problem is. I find it hard just to sit there and watch them do that and the past few times when i have , ive been bored stiffless and feel left out. i think we need some other activities to do together.

xsecx
03-16-2006, 02:01 PM
Hey im really new here (first post) but i kind of need some advice or just to hear if anyones been in a similar situation. ive been straight edge for a while but admittedly i used 2 smoke cannabis and alot of my best friends still do. This is where the problem is. I find it hard just to sit there and watch them do that and the past few times when i have , ive been bored stiffless and feel left out. i think we need some other activities to do together.

if all they do is sit around and smoke weed, there's not much you can do about it. It sucks, but sometimes people grow apart due to morals and activities.

kelly
03-16-2006, 03:02 PM
if all they do is sit around and smoke weed, there's not much you can do about it. It sucks, but sometimes people grow apart due to morals and activities.
Dusty's right... sitting around and smoking weed is fun for the stoned people, but REALLY boring if you're sober... stoners aren't nearly as entertaining as they think they are. Maybe you need friends who do things that are fun sober, even if those friends aren't sXe. Most of my friends snowboard, so even if they have a drink, I still have fun snowboarding with them.

XshiXnyX
03-16-2006, 04:43 PM

If my freinds start smoking, I just leave the house. Maybye you should tell them how much it upsets you?

Heno
03-16-2006, 04:59 PM
it doesnt upset me. i have no problem with people doing it and accept that people have freewill, i previously had many gd times smoking it but ive chosen not to because its the mature decision and i cant concentrate at college if im stoned or thinking about getting stoned.

xvunderx
03-17-2006, 08:08 AM
it doesnt upset me. i have no problem with people doing it and accept that people have freewill, i previously had many gd times smoking it but ive chosen not to because its the mature decision and i cant concentrate at college if im stoned or thinking about getting stoned.

Thing is you might have just reached a point where you don't have anything in common with them if all they want to do is get high.

Sure you can try get them to do other stuff, but they will still want to spend most of their time getting high. So you'll be able to hang out with them a lot less and still have some fun, but ultimately drift apart because their circle is one that meets up to get high.

the sad thing is no matter what happens you'll grow apart from them. The good news is you'll meet new people you actually have something in common with. You just have to put yourself out there and find them.

stepinsideissue
03-18-2006, 02:05 AM

Don't put yourself in those situations then.

XBILLYX
03-31-2006, 12:29 PM

yea i have that problem my best friend(we have been friends 10 years) drinks and says he doesnt smoke but he does. i had the hardest time being around him being that i knew what he was doing and no matter what i said he disagreed with me. well lets just say we grew apart i see him like once a week for a hour.(we did everthing together. i was at his house till 10 every night and there ever weekend.) it sucks but i cnt be around him knowing what hes doing to himself.