PDA

View Full Version : feel free to reply to this kid too

xsecx
10-03-2003, 10:59 AM
sro122@psu.edu

"I dont know where you get your bullshit from, but you are nothing more than a poster child for hardcore. Yes I love music as much as anyone, but the hand and hand link with being sXe is indirect you ass. You are running a very popular site name, and know for sure you are deterring people from joining what sXe community you THINK you are implying. Being sXe is a state of mind, that being a substance free life, away from addictive things and conduct harmfull to the mind and body. There is one, AND ONLY ONE true established sXe credo, so I'm not sure how long you have been parading around this web site as a sXe guru, but its "Dont drink, dont smoke, dont fuck" It has nothing to do with, dont listen to rap, listen to hardcore. Or whatever music one should choose. It really aggrivates me because there is such a minute sXe populous as it is, and to post a site like that without accurate depictation of the fundamentals of what the true sXe life style stands for is doing injustice to me, and any sXe enthusiast alike. Dont take me wrong, you have a good tight site going, and I think its great you took the time and initative to do something for the sXe community, but I have to ask you, is that a sXe site or a hardcore site, open to sxe enthusiasts? Feel free to email me back, I would never barate someone and not listen to the your end.

Sean"

rXjX
10-03-2003, 12:10 PM
I think he's the posterboy for abortions.

I'm sorry, I'm not really that negative. My fingers appear to have a mind of their own today...

TQC
10-03-2003, 03:48 PM
i think hes absolutely right

xvunderx
10-03-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by TQC

I think he's been straight edge for about one week and has no idea what it means

xsecx
10-03-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by TQC

then you're equally clueless. how are straight edge and hardcore unrelated?
how is straight edge not a subculture firmly rooted in hardcore?

straightXed
10-03-2003, 05:10 PM
Where did you get your bullshit from? I really can't believe that dusty said don't listen to rap. And for the record if it is merely don't drink, smoke or fuck then where is the abstination from drug use? Seem's like you bought a minor threat record and got the songs straight edge and out of step mixed up?

Dummy
10-03-2003, 05:25 PM
*gasp*
then i have been straightedge since birth
hooraw

and a lot of old people are edge too!
whos up for bingo night, thats my anti drug

xsecx
10-03-2003, 05:34 PM
the thing I never get when I get these messages is that I've never once said anyone can't be straight edge. I'm not limiting anyone to anything other than a definition that I myself did not come up with.

TQC
10-06-2003, 11:37 AM
i misread one sentence and i realized my mistake when i read it a second time... that did change the meanin of what he said... but still.. he does make a few good points

straightXed
10-06-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by TQC
i misread one sentence and i realized my mistake when i read it a second time... that did change the meanin of what he said... but still.. he does make a few good points

What ones are good?

TQC
10-08-2003, 11:39 AM
i just think that his ideas are somewhat true to a lesser extent

becuz a lot of people i have met have had the attitude of "if u listen to anything else ur not hardcore" blah blah... and i just dont find that to be tru... i dont agree wit him sayin that it has nuthin to do wit hardcore cuz that just isnt tru but i dont kno... i guess wut he said struck a chord inside of me, remindin me of sumthin i saw in the scene that i didnt like from day 1
i kno im wrong tho... about him being right and all

flame_still_burns
10-08-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by TQC
i just think that his ideas are somewhat true to a lesser extent

becuz a lot of people i have met have had the attitude of "if u listen to anything else ur not hardcore" blah blah... and i just dont find that to be tru... i dont agree wit him sayin that it has nuthin to do wit hardcore cuz that just isnt tru but i dont kno... i guess wut he said struck a chord inside of me, remindin me of sumthin i saw in the scene that i didnt like from day 1
i kno im wrong tho... about him being right and all

it's not about listening to only hardcore. i love hardcore... but i listen to tons of music that isn't hardcore. actually the majority of music i listen to these days isn't hardcore.

however... i come from a hardcore background and would never want straightedge to be removed from the hardcore scene. straightedge is not a political party...hardcore is the medium for the message. i think you are misunderstanding what we mean...it doesn't mean you can not listen to other types of music ever. it is about realizing hardcore and straightedge are inseparably linked. i don't want kids who don't like or want to listen to hardcore to be in the straightedge community... because straightedge is a hardcore movement.

if you don't want to drink or smoke or do drugs(and not be into hardcore), that's fine...i'm all for it. but call yourself drug free...or make up a new name for a drug free movement that is centered around rap music. if you don't like hardcore than straightedge is not the place for you.

resistancecrime
11-06-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by flame_still_burns
it's not about listening to only hardcore. i love hardcore... but i listen to tons of music that isn't hardcore. actually the majority of music i listen to these days isn't hardcore.

however... i come from a hardcore background and would never want straightedge to be removed from the hardcore scene. straightedge is not a political party...hardcore is the medium for the message. i think you are misunderstanding what we mean...it doesn't mean you can not listen to other types of music ever. it is about realizing hardcore and straightedge are inseparably linked. i don't want kids who don't like or want to listen to hardcore to be in the straightedge community... because straightedge is a hardcore movement.

if you don't want to drink or smoke or do drugs(and not be into hardcore), that's fine...i'm all for it. but call yourself drug free...or make up a new name for a drug free movement that is centered around rap music. if you don't like hardcore than straightedge is not the place for you.
Right on. It seems like if this dude doesn't understand the relationship between hardcore and Straight Edge, then he shouldn't be calling himself straight edge. ONE.

resistancecrime
11-06-2003, 06:56 PM
Oh yeah, xsecx, did you email him back? If so, what was his response? ONE.

xsecx
11-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by resistancecrime
Oh yeah, xsecx, did you email him back? If so, what was his response? ONE.

never wrote me back. I guess I was far too crucial for him.

resistancecrime
11-07-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by xsecx
never wrote me back. I guess I was far too crucial for him.
Haha, man thats some funny shit. ONE.

Sean The Red
11-22-2003, 02:35 AM
I dont like that the Son of a Bitch has the same name as me, I can deal with stupid people, but not when they soil the name.

Chance301
12-17-2003, 07:55 PM
hes just over emotional and whiny. xsecx may be an asshole intent on putting others down, but im sure he wouldnt go as far as to say you cant be sxe for listening to rap, or any other reason. i would believe he argued for hours on end about meaningless crap about being straight edge, but never that the kid couldnt be

XfistX
12-21-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by xsecx
sro122@psu.edu

"I dont know where you get your bullshit from, but you are nothing more than a poster child for hardcore. Yes I love music as much as anyone, but the hand and hand link with being sXe is indirect you ass. You are running a very popular site name, and know for sure you are deterring people from joining what sXe community you THINK you are implying. Being sXe is a state of mind, that being a substance free life, away from addictive things and conduct harmfull to the mind and body. There is one, AND ONLY ONE true established sXe credo, so I'm not sure how long you have been parading around this web site as a sXe guru, but its "Dont drink, dont smoke, dont fuck" It has nothing to do with, dont listen to rap, listen to hardcore. Or whatever music one should choose. It really aggrivates me because there is such a minute sXe populous as it is, and to post a site like that without accurate depictation of the fundamentals of what the true sXe life style stands for is doing injustice to me, and any sXe enthusiast alike. Dont take me wrong, you have a good tight site going, and I think its great you took the time and initative to do something for the sXe community, but I have to ask you, is that a sXe site or a hardcore site, open to sxe enthusiasts? Feel free to email me back, I would never barate someone and not listen to the your end.

Sean"

he just has an itchy anus