PDA

View Full Version : Was I being too Extreme/over dramatic?

xbustedx
03-05-2006, 09:45 PM
I was haning out with my friend over at his house. And another one of his friends came over and we got into a conversation about sxe and all of a sudden he starts attacking sxe (verbally of course) and I just snaped and beat the shit out of him. Was I being too protective of sxe?

Ahab
03-05-2006, 09:48 PM
I was haning out with my friend over at his house. And another one of his friends came over and we got into a conversation about sxe and all of a sudden he starts attacking sxe (verbally of course) and I just snaped and beat the shit out of him. Was I being too protective of sxe?

Well, what did he say? I think I'd just have left if it was bad enough to fight over, but, that's just me...

xbatmanx
03-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Could you have defended your beliefs verbally or can you not explain to people through words what something means to you? Or are you insecure with your beliefs that you need to physically shut someone up before they back you into an argumentative corner?

kelly
03-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Yep.

xbustedx
03-05-2006, 11:12 PM
Could you have defended your beliefs verbally or can you not explain to people through words what something means to you? Or are you insecure with your beliefs that you need to physically shut someone up before they back you into an argumentative corner?

No see I was talking/arguing with this guy for like 20 minutes. And the stuff he was saying just made me so angry and its not like I havn't been in an argument with someone before and been able to control myself. I just snaped. I don't know what I was thinking. And I have no problem defending my beliefs verbally I do it almost every day (with members of my family/friends) and I have never had to "physically shut someone up" before. But I guess you are right. thanks for the input.

xbustedx
03-05-2006, 11:13 PM
Yep.

yeah...thanks for the constructive critisism.

kelly
03-05-2006, 11:30 PM
yeah...thanks for the constructive critisism.
Well, straightforward question, straightforward answer. Beating on people is bad, and probably only made that kid have a worse impression of sXe. Use your words, kid.

PS - You kinda look like you're going for Anothony Michael Hall in the Breakfast Club.

xbatmanx
03-05-2006, 11:45 PM
No see I was talking/arguing with this guy for like 20 minutes. And the stuff he was saying just made me so angry and its not like I havn't been in an argument with someone before and been able to control myself. I just snaped. I don't know what I was thinking. And I have no problem defending my beliefs verbally I do it almost every day (with members of my family/friends) and I have never had to "physically shut someone up" before. But I guess you are right. thanks for the input.
Be a positive influence and live by example, ya know. do you think more people will respond by threat or do you think they'd see that you live a straight lifestyle, are a cool guy and have lots of fun and be more influenced? Stay in control brotha.

xbustedx
03-05-2006, 11:49 PM
Be a positive influence and live by example, ya know. do you think more people will respond by threat or do you think they'd see that you live a straight lifestyle, are a cool guy and have lots of fun and be more influenced? Stay in control brotha.

I know and I usually try to be. But that really isn't any excuse.

SgtD
03-06-2006, 04:59 AM
Yep.
you're back!

straightXed
03-06-2006, 05:31 AM

Well you weren't being protective of straightedge at all, in fact you were giving it a bad immpression. What did he say about sxe that made you feel violence was necessary?

straightXed
03-06-2006, 05:32 AM
And I have no problem defending my beliefs verbally I do it almost every day (with members of my family/friends)

Well obviously you do.

xbustedx
03-06-2006, 09:19 AM
Well obviously you do.

this one time. and now that I have your constructive inputs thats really I need to know.

straightXed
03-06-2006, 09:32 AM
this one time. and now that I have your constructive inputs thats really I need to know.

You can ask for constructive inputs all you want but the simple truth is you acted like an idiot, who knows if it will remain just one time? You need to address why you lost it and acted violently. UIntil you do address that you can't say it was just a one off that won't happen again. People will always talk shit on straightedge and lets be honest, were you reacting because he bad mouthed straightedge or because he hit a raw nerve with you that you didn't like? Maybe he pointed something out that you just didn't want to hear or accept, if you shine a light on something people wish to ignore you can easily make them very uncomfortable, perhaps to the point of violence. Of course thats just one theory, i mean its for you to address for all i know you could have just made the whole thing up to sound tough, stranger things have happened.

kelly
03-06-2006, 10:08 AM
you're back!
That I am. I'm sure everyone is thrilled.

xsecx
03-06-2006, 10:16 AM

we are. I'm just sad that I lost the bet that you were killed by a yeti.

kelly
03-06-2006, 10:28 AM
we are. I'm just sad that I lost the bet that you were killed by a yeti.
No, although I did almost start dating one.

xbatmanx
03-06-2006, 10:48 AM
I was just thinking about the wording of this. Does straight edge need protection? Is straight edge in danger of being hurt? It's not like the dude was threatening your mom. Let people talk all the shit they want. Don't even pay any mind.

kelly
03-06-2006, 10:57 AM
I was just thinking about the wording of this. Does straight edge need protection? Is straight edge in danger of being hurt? It's not like the dude was threatening your mom. Let people talk all the shit they want. Don't even pay any mind.

Maybe straight edge IS his mommy.

xbustedx
03-06-2006, 08:51 PM

you knew what I meant.

kelly
03-06-2006, 09:16 PM
you knew what I meant.
You so need to find a molly ringwald look alike to have a crush on and distract you from the beatings.

xbustedx
03-06-2006, 09:26 PM
You so need to find a molly ringwald look alike to have a crush on and distract you from the beatings.

your still convinced I look like the guy from the BreakFest Club?

kelly
03-06-2006, 09:32 PM
your still convinced I look like the guy from the BreakFest Club?

What? you don't?

xbustedx
03-06-2006, 09:34 PM
What? you don't?

If you actually saw what I really looked like you wouldn't think that either.

kelly
03-06-2006, 09:35 PM
If you actually saw what I really looked like you wouldn't think that either.

Oh, so is your avatar pic actually an x'ed up anthony michael hall?

xbustedx
03-06-2006, 09:36 PM
Oh, so is your avatar pic actually an x'ed up anthony michael hall?

no. it is me. But the flash is on really bright. and its dark. And if you would like me to post more recent photos so you could easily dismiss that idea I will.

kelly
03-06-2006, 09:37 PM
no. it is me. But the flash is on really bright. and its dark. And if you would like me to post more recent photos so you could easily dismiss that idea I will.

bright flash? it's the hairdo and the sunglasses that are anthony michael hall-ish

xvunderx
03-06-2006, 09:38 PM

I am! this place has been over run by boys since you left!

xsecx
03-06-2006, 09:39 PM
bright flash? it's the hairdo and the sunglasses that are anthony michael hall-ish

when he pulls the elephants nose the light turns on.

xbustedx
03-06-2006, 09:39 PM

Those were my Lucky sunglasses. Which I lost...*Bummer* :(

kelly
03-06-2006, 09:41 PM
I am! this place has been over run by boys since you left!

NOO! Must seize control from the boys.... how to accomplish this.. hmmmm

kelly
03-06-2006, 09:42 PM
Those were my Lucky sunglasses. Which I lost...*Bummer* :(

Crap, without the 80's sunglasses, you may no longer pass as anthony michael hall. Too bad. Everyone loves Anthony Michael Hall.

xvunderx
03-06-2006, 09:48 PM
NOO! Must seize control from the boys.... how to accomplish this.. hmmmm

Could convince them to get sex changes?

xbustedx
03-06-2006, 09:49 PM
Crap, without the 80's sunglasses, you may no longer pass as anthony michael hall. Too bad. Everyone loves Anthony Michael Hall.

yeah....thats a shame.

xsecx
03-06-2006, 09:50 PM

you're hitting on a much younger man.

kelly
03-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Could convince them to get sex changes?

Wow, i never even thought of that... I was just gonna suggest we start talking about feminine hygene products and periods.

kelly
03-06-2006, 09:51 PM
you're hitting on a much younger man.

I wasn't hitting on him, I told him to go find a molly ringwald look-alike (which I am not)

xvunderx
03-06-2006, 10:04 PM
Wow, i never even thought of that... I was just gonna suggest we start talking about feminine hygene products and periods.

Both would work

stepinsideissue
03-08-2006, 01:54 AM
you're back!

Yeah I'm excited too.

stepinsideissue
03-08-2006, 01:55 AM

I am.

stepinsideissue
03-08-2006, 01:57 AM
No, although I did almost start dating one.

And the talking ass pants? Are they still okay?

stepinsideissue
03-08-2006, 01:58 AM

Seeing as how I'm married I wouldn't be phased.

stepinsideissue
03-08-2006, 01:59 AM

By the way that was pretty fuckin' weak dude.

XshiXnyX
03-14-2006, 12:26 PM
By the way that was pretty fuckin' weak dude.

Holy shit, how many times id you post? Its ok, though. ^^

You shouldent have beat up the guy for bagging on sXe, Because then he gets the idea that Edgers are all just kids who beat up on people who dont agree with them

stepinsideissue
03-16-2006, 01:29 AM
Holy shit, how many times id you post? Its ok, though. ^^

You shouldent have beat up the guy for bagging on sXe, Because then he gets the idea that Edgers are all just kids who beat up on people who dont agree with them

Hey I had some catching up to do.

XBILLYX
03-26-2006, 11:29 AM

i think this is how we get a bad rep.