PDA

View Full Version : Vitamins... and such

daytonohsxe
02-28-2006, 07:51 AM
Does anyone take any kinds of vitamins or anything? I don't I was just wondering... I haven't taken any vitamins or aspirin, things like that. I was just looking to see what you guys believe.

SgtD
02-28-2006, 08:52 AM
Does anyone take any kinds of vitamins or anything? I don't I was just wondering... I haven't taken any vitamins or aspirin, things like that. I was just looking to see what you guys believe.
what's wrong with vitamins?

stepinsideissue
02-28-2006, 10:21 AM

Recreational use of drugs kids. Don't get sick or not take medicines because of sXe. It has to do with recreational use of drugs. Why live a misrible life because of sXe. If you have a headache take an aspirin.

brice
02-28-2006, 07:27 PM

I belive that its only against being edge if your abuse the drug for your own self-medication.
________
QA50 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_QA50)

daytonohsxe
03-01-2006, 07:45 AM
Ok. Thanks, it's just that I don't really need aspirin because most of the stuff that causes headaches and things of that sort I don't do, and I guess I asked about vitamins because they're natural but they have other supplements in them.

xsecx
03-01-2006, 08:46 AM
Ok. Thanks, it's just that I don't really need aspirin because most of the stuff that causes headaches and things of that sort I don't do, and I guess I asked about vitamins because they're natural but they have other supplements in them.

aspirin is natural.

daytonohsxe
03-01-2006, 08:55 AM
Well, what are your views on aspirin and stuff like that Dusty.

xsecx
03-01-2006, 09:05 AM
Well, what are your views on aspirin and stuff like that Dusty.

that if you're taking them as medicine that there isn't a problem. The issue is recreationally. Now if you're taking an aspirin for no medical reason, then it'd be wrong, but I don't see why anyone would.

stepinsideissue
03-01-2006, 10:17 AM

Thats funny I get headaches all the time from not doing things.

stepinsideissue
03-01-2006, 10:20 AM
that if you're taking them as medicine that there isn't a problem. The issue is recreationally. Now if you're taking an aspirin for no medical reason, then it'd be wrong, but I don't see why anyone would.

For the same reason they'd hang thier kid over the balcony.

xsecx
03-01-2006, 10:20 AM
For the same reason they'd hang thier kid over the balcony.

well no. that's fun and feels good.

stepinsideissue
03-01-2006, 10:31 AM
well no. that's fun and feels good.

Well maybe if you take enough Tylenol it is fun and feels good.

xsecx
03-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Well maybe if you take enough Tylenol it is fun and feels good.

don't think so. I think the only thing you get if you take too many is sick.

stepinsideissue
03-01-2006, 10:47 AM
don't think so. I think the only thing you get if you take too many is sick.

And a fried liver.

daytonohsxe
03-01-2006, 11:41 AM
No, it eats the shit out of your stomach.

atXdawnXweXburn
03-01-2006, 12:35 PM
it wont be a problem if i take like, my allergy meds or acid reflux meds will it?

xsecx
03-01-2006, 12:40 PM
it wont be a problem if i take like, my allergy meds or acid reflux meds will it?

if it was, would it matter?

mouseman004
03-01-2006, 12:47 PM

What about medicinal marijuana? (not arguing, actually curious)

xsecx
03-01-2006, 12:50 PM
What about medicinal marijuana? (not arguing, actually curious)

wouldn't be used recreationally. but also given than if you're in a position where you actually need it, you have better things to worry about than your edge status.

mouseman004
03-01-2006, 12:52 PM
wouldn't be used recreationally. but also given than if you're in a position where you actually need it, you have better things to worry about than your edge status.

Very good point, i was just wondering what the views were

atXdawnXweXburn
03-01-2006, 12:53 PM
i can go without my meds, but it puts me in a tight spot. my allergies complicate my asthma and that can require hospitalization. and also, is it a requirement to give up caffeine? i have, but ive read places that its optional. like being vegan/vegetarian

xsecx
03-01-2006, 12:56 PM
i can go without my meds, but it puts me in a tight spot. my allergies complicate my asthma and that can require hospitalization. and also, is it a requirement to give up caffeine? i have, but ive read places that its optional. like being vegan/vegetarian

sounds to me that you need them medically and to give them up would be stupid, edge or not. however. edge is about recreational drugs, not medicinal ones.

that being said. caffeine is used recreationally, so yeah it doesn't fit.

and being vegan and veg aren't requirements.

atXdawnXweXburn
03-01-2006, 12:59 PM
thanks, you've cleared some stuff up for me.

stepinsideissue
03-02-2006, 12:52 AM
No, it eats the shit out of your stomach.

Ummm no. Asprin yes, eats away at the stomach. But the active ingredient in tylenol acetaminophen is very hard on the liver.

daytonohsxe
03-02-2006, 07:35 AM
So, you're saying caffeine isn't cool? I was just wondering because I don't drink or eat anything with caffeine in it. I haven't had chocolate in like forever.

stepinsideissue
03-03-2006, 01:24 AM
So, you're saying caffeine isn't cool? I was just wondering because I don't drink or eat anything with caffeine in it. I haven't had chocolate in like forever.

Chocolate is a differant scenario. The amount of caffeine in chocolate is so minimal.

livithezombie
03-03-2006, 11:55 AM
Chocolate is a differant scenario. The amount of caffeine in chocolate is so minimal.
i have recently been thinking abouit this. what foods and drinks contain caffeine, and do you guys give them all up or just the ones with a lot in? just curious.

atXdawnXweXburn
03-03-2006, 12:57 PM
well, of course chocolate as stated above. coffee, tea, soda, and im sure theres more. but thats all i can think of.

i just buy decaf coffee and tea. and drink sprite. i still eat chocolate though

xsecx
03-03-2006, 01:44 PM
i have recently been thinking abouit this. what foods and drinks contain caffeine, and do you guys give them all up or just the ones with a lot in? just curious.
it's not in that much. most soda. all coffee. all non herbal teas. chocolate. For me, I don't drink or eat anything with more than 5 mg of caffeine. It's generally agreed that 20-30 mg is enough to effect you. Most sodas start off in the 30s. tea and coffee are anywhere from 60-100 and chocolate is between 2 and 10 depending on dark vs milk.

livithezombie
03-03-2006, 02:59 PM
it's not in that much. most soda. all coffee. all non herbal teas. chocolate. For me, I don't drink or eat anything with more than 5 mg of caffeine. It's generally agreed that 20-30 mg is enough to effect you. Most sodas start off in the 30s. tea and coffee are anywhere from 60-100 and chocolate is between 2 and 10 depending on dark vs milk.
thanks. to at dawn we burn, is there no caffeine in sprite or summat?

xvunderx
03-03-2006, 05:00 PM
thanks. to at dawn we burn, is there no caffeine in sprite or summat?

Yup sprite is caffeine free!

mouseman004
03-03-2006, 05:07 PM
Yup sprite is caffeine free!

I swear everybody is going to get the idea that I am just here to argue and annoy people but i promise im not lol. I was once in a debate and it said that even if i were to buy a bottle of wine but not drink it, or make it so that it was alcohol free, it would still be wrong because i would be supporting the companies that sell and produce alcohol. My point is...sprite is a part of coca cola industries...so by drinking sprite, are you not supporting a company that produces and sells caffeine?

xsecx
03-03-2006, 07:50 PM
I swear everybody is going to get the idea that I am just here to argue and annoy people but i promise im not lol. I was once in a debate and it said that even if i were to buy a bottle of wine but not drink it, or make it so that it was alcohol free, it would still be wrong because i would be supporting the companies that sell and produce alcohol. My point is...sprite is a part of coca cola industries...so by drinking sprite, are you not supporting a company that produces and sells caffeine?

the issue is buying something with alcohol in it. not things that are alternative revenue sources. I buy root beer from a brewery. The ultimate hope would be that if their soda was more profitable than their alcohol then they'd stop making alcohol. Your argument doesn't really hold because by buying wine you're directly supporting the production of alcohol. this doesn't hold for sprite.

mouseman004
03-03-2006, 07:57 PM
the issue is buying something with alcohol in it. not things that are alternative revenue sources. I buy root beer from a brewery. The ultimate hope would be that if their soda was more profitable than their alcohol then they'd stop making alcohol. Your argument doesn't really hold because by buying wine you're directly supporting the production of alcohol. this doesn't hold for sprite.

Yeah that makes sense, I have a few hesitations on giving up this argument completely but you do raise a very valid point that I do understand...so once again...touche

stepinsideissue
03-04-2006, 12:34 AM

I find it's just easier to go without rather than the little bit of temptation. Atleast for me. Plus I don't eat much chocolate unless it's vegan chocolate and even then it's very little.I stick to my water, juice, and sprite.

xbatmanx
03-04-2006, 10:59 AM
So does that mean a sip of alcohol is ok because it's not enough to affect you?

xsecx
03-04-2006, 11:07 AM
So does that mean a sip of alcohol is ok because it's not enough to affect you?

why would it? This arugment doesn't hold because the amount of substances we'd be talking about here would more comprable to the amount of alcohol in soy sauce or fruit juices than a sip of wine.

xbatmanx
03-04-2006, 11:11 AM
why would it? This arugment doesn't hold because the amount of substances we'd be talking about here would more comprable to the amount of alcohol in soy sauce or fruit juices than a sip of wine.
It does hold up because you're measuring it by how much caffeine it takes to affect you.
Btw, are you going to the 108 show in DC in April?

straightXed
03-04-2006, 11:16 AM
It does hold up because you're measuring it by how much caffeine it takes to affect you.

ooo, you could all get recruited into religious cults and a load of shady fun could ensue!

xsecx
03-04-2006, 12:20 PM

no it doesn't because it's not 1:1 or even close. the amount of caffeine in chocolate is trace and is a natural component. the amount of alcohol in wine, even a sip isn't a trace and isn't a natural component. now if you want to start bringing up numbers then we can talk about it and see how comprable they are or not.

it's assumed that a blood alcohol content of .02 causes impairment. that's 5oz of wine. Assuming your sip is 1 oz, you're still talking enough to have an effect. this also doesn't really hold logically since there really isn't an occasion or reason to take a sip of wine.

and probably not. I know some people who are talking about coming down from buffalo for it

xsecx
03-04-2006, 12:20 PM
ooo, you could all get recruited into religious cults and a load of shady fun could ensue!

funny thing is vic has said a bunch of shit about krshna's so it's kind of weird that they'd sing the tunes.

straightXed
03-04-2006, 01:05 PM
funny thing is vic has said a bunch of shit about krshna's so it's kind of weird that they'd sing the tunes.

Thats reunion shows for you i guess

xbatmanx
03-05-2006, 01:53 PM
no it doesn't because it's not 1:1 or even close. the amount of caffeine in chocolate is trace and is a natural component. the amount of alcohol in wine, even a sip isn't a trace and isn't a natural component. now if you want to start bringing up numbers then we can talk about it and see how comprable they are or not.

it's assumed that a blood alcohol content of .02 causes impairment. that's 5oz of wine. Assuming your sip is 1 oz, you're still talking enough to have an effect. this also doesn't really hold logically since there really isn't an occasion or reason to take a sip of wine.

and probably not. I know some people who are talking about coming down from buffalo for it

There's no occasion or reason to eat chocolate or anything else with trace amounts of caffeine.

xsecx
03-05-2006, 02:01 PM
There's no occasion or reason to eat chocolate or anything else with trace amounts of caffeine.

sure there is, when people eat chocolate, they eat a set amount. when people drink wine, it's not a sip. but I really want to thank you for the good solid evidence you've provided in this discussion.

xbatmanx
03-05-2006, 02:39 PM
sure there is, when people eat chocolate, they eat a set amount. when people drink wine, it's not a sip. but I really want to thank you for the good solid evidence you've provided in this discussion.
They eat a set amount? That's not an OCCASION to eat chocolate, that's just an amount to eat. But according to your statement, a sip of wine IS ok. You're just generalizing that people drink more than a sip. So I can go take a sip of wine right now because that's a "set amount" and I'll still be straight edge. Can you show me where it says that you can have a set amount of a drug and still call yourself straight edge?

xsecx
03-05-2006, 02:55 PM
They eat a set amount? That's not an OCCASION to eat chocolate, that's just an amount to eat. But according to your statement, a sip of wine IS ok. You're just generalizing that people drink more than a sip. So I can go take a sip of wine right now because that's a "set amount" and I'll still be straight edge. Can you show me where it says that you can have a set amount of a drug and still call yourself straight edge?

yeah, it's called a serving size. and you might want to look up the word occasion, and when you do you'll see that there are plenty of occasions where people eat it.

now, if you actually read what I had written a few posts back you would have seen what i said about a sip and why it's not ok. And while we're at it and if you're going to go down the road of absolutely no drugs, then explain to me all the things you avoid because there are trace amounts of alcohol in them.

straightXed
03-05-2006, 03:01 PM

Thats not how what he said came accross to me.

What i got from that comment was that you would be hard pushed to be effected by the caffiene in chocolate. And like i believe was already mentioned this isn't the case with wine, it would be better to compare chocolate to soy sauce for its alcohol content.

It sounds like you are making the rest up.

xbatmanx
03-05-2006, 03:15 PM
yeah, it's called a serving size. and you might want to look up the word occasion, and when you do you'll see that there are plenty of occasions where people eat it.

now, if you actually read what I had written a few posts back you would have seen what i said about a sip and why it's not ok. And while we're at it and if you're going to go down the road of absolutely no drugs, then explain to me all the things you avoid because there are trace amounts of alcohol in them.
I know what the word occasion means thanks. Sure there are occasions where people eat chocolate. There's occasions where people drink wine too. Doesn't mean you HAVE to. Chocolate is easy enough to avoid. Kind of like sex. Easy to avoid, but people like it. You seem to make rigid definitions of straight edge that only fall in line with your lifestyle.
If you want to know what I eat personally, I eat/drink caffeine. Just like a lot of things, caffeine is a personal choice. I'm arguing this as a devil's advocate because I don't see how you can say that having caffeine is not ok unless it's in chocolate. Personally I don't care, I just don't understand the rigid definitions of something that has never been so rigidly defined.

xsecx
03-05-2006, 03:24 PM
I know what the word occasion means thanks. Sure there are occasions where people eat chocolate. There's occasions where people drink wine too. Doesn't mean you HAVE to. Chocolate is easy enough to avoid. Kind of like sex. Easy to avoid, but people like it. You seem to make rigid definitions of straight edge that only fall in line with your lifestyle.
If you want to know what I eat personally, I eat/drink caffeine. Just like a lot of things, caffeine is a personal choice. I'm arguing this as a devil's advocate because I don't see how you can say that having caffeine is not ok unless it's in chocolate. Personally I don't care, I just don't understand the rigid definitions of something that has never been so rigidly defined.

so when do people have just a sip of wine? And then do you do it, since you also do recreational drugs?

now, if you actually look at what I've said it's been completely consistant. I'm saying if you claim to be against recreational drug use, i.e. straight edge then you should avoid anything that has enough of said substance to effect you. That'd mean soda, full caf coffee, etc. Chocolate doesn't fall into this at all. Now how does your consumption of recreational drugs count as a personal choice and how does it fit within your beliefs? Or is caffeine somehow not a drug?

xbatmanx
03-05-2006, 03:31 PM
so when do people have just a sip of wine? And then do you do it, since you also do recreational drugs?

now, if you actually look at what I've said it's been completely consistant. I'm saying if you claim to be against recreational drug use, i.e. straight edge then you should avoid anything that has enough of said substance to effect you. That'd mean soda, full caf coffee, etc. Chocolate doesn't fall into this at all. Now how does your consumption of recreational drugs count as a personal choice and how does it fit within your beliefs? Or is caffeine somehow not a drug?
People have a sip of wine or champagne at a wedding toast for example. no i do not do it. last i checked ian mackeye was drinking coca cola when he was singing songs about straight edge. so i don't know how caffeine got caught up in sxe. oh wait, sxe evolved from what ian started it as. i guess all those anti-caffeine songs coming out from sxe bands have included caffeine into the evolution of sxe.

xsecx
03-05-2006, 03:35 PM
People have a sip of wine or champagne at a wedding toast for example. no i do not do it. last i checked ian mackeye was drinking coca cola when he was singing songs about straight edge. so i don't know how caffeine got caught up in sxe. oh wait, sxe evolved from what ian started it as. i guess all those anti-caffeine songs coming out from sxe bands have included caffeine into the evolution of sxe.

People have glasses of champange at toasts not sips, but good try.

so what drugs are ok then? Or is caffeine not a drug?