PDA

View Full Version : how do i know if i am edge?

nadea
02-27-2006, 05:39 PM
i am straight edge? i do not drink or do drugs and won't. i have no point in it, and why would someone want to mess themselves up for the fun of it. sex i'm not into, unless there's a real important reason. 1st time, which is most likely after marriage. sex is not something like a annual activity. i am not vegetarian though. i know it's wrong to kill animals, but we all die someday. [hopefully that came out correctly]...i listen to everything you can put under the category of 'rock' to make it simple [hxc, emo, screamo, rock, indie...] and some other stuff. i think you should make the best of situations. i though do not go after people who are not straight edge or have those values. if they want to lose themselves and not better them then, they can go do that. they will regret it after though.

so how do i know? i am? some friends think i am or could be...but how?

i do not mind if i am. being sXe is just going to better me in life and as a person. bettering myself, though, doesn't happen because of being straight edge

daytonohsxe
02-28-2006, 07:49 AM
hmmm

stepinsideissue
02-28-2006, 10:02 AM
It is all really quite simple. Don't drink, smoke, do drugs and listen to hXc music. Vegitarianism has nothing to do with sXe although some people say they use sXe as a tool for a healthy mind and body and wish to extend that into an animal free diet.

Sex really has nothing to do with it either.

How do you know if you're sXe. Well if the above sounds like the lifestyle you want to live. And you really should have some basic idea on the history on sXe and how the scene started then I'd say you are.

Enhor
03-02-2006, 10:34 AM
First, excuse my English.
I don't want to open a new thread so I post my question here, it seems appropriate.

I'm not straight edge but I discoverred it few days ago and I recognize myself in this philosophy. I completly love the lifestyle but I also know it's an entire subculture with his rules and especially his music. So I would know if you can be straight even if you don't listen a lot of hardcore.
And can you be straight edge if you listen music like The Beatles or Cypress Hill ? (these are exemples)
Cause even if I love hardcore (I don't know a lot, any advice ?), I don't think I can listen it by a majority.

P.S : Isn't there any french here ?

xsecx
03-02-2006, 10:37 AM
First, excuse my English.
I don't want to open a new thread so I post my question here, it seems appropriate.

I'm not straight edge but I discoverred it few days ago and I recognize myself in this philosophy. I completly love the lifestyle but I also know it's an entire subculture with his rules and especially his music. So I would know if you can be straight even if you don't listen a lot of hardcore.
And can you be straight edge if you listen music like The Beatles or Cypress Hill ? (these are exemples)
Cause even if I love hardcore (I don't know a lot, any advice ?), I don't think I can listen it by a majority.

P.S : Isn't there any french here ?

There are people from france and some french speaking canadians.
It's not so much a matter of you have to listen to 90% hardcore as much as it is a lifestyle very much rooted in that music, so to be a part of it you'd need to be a part of it. There's a thread call master list which has tons of straight edge bands to check out though.

collin
03-02-2006, 01:14 PM
There are people from france and some french speaking canadians.
It's not so much a matter of you have to listen to 90% hardcore as much as it is a lifestyle very much rooted in that music, so to be a part of it you'd need to be a part of it. There's a thread call master list which has tons of straight edge bands to check out though.
many of which are surprisingly good.

straightXed
03-02-2006, 01:20 PM
many of which are surprisingly good.

Why suprisingly?

collin
03-02-2006, 01:23 PM
Why suprisingly?
because usually when you get a large list of bands of a particular genre, at least some of them are terrible. but all the ones i've checked out so far have been really good.

xsecx
03-02-2006, 01:31 PM
because usually when you get a large list of bands of a particular genre, at least some of them are terrible. but all the ones i've checked out so far have been really good.

oh there are plenty of horrible ones too.

straightXed
03-02-2006, 01:31 PM

Never had that happen myself unless the genre was shit in the first place.

collin
03-02-2006, 01:47 PM
Never had that happen myself unless the genre was shit in the first place.
dude every genre has at least a few terrible bands.

straightXed
03-02-2006, 01:54 PM
dude every genre has at least a few terrible bands.

I never suggested otherwise, but when people take the time to list the best bands from a particular genre, why would it be supprising that the list contains a load of great bands?

collin
03-02-2006, 02:38 PM
I never suggested otherwise, but when people take the time to list the best bands from a particular genre, why would it be supprising that the list contains a load of great bands?
i dunno man. all i'm saying is that the bands on that list are better than what i actually expected.

drughate_vegan
03-02-2006, 10:35 PM
i am straight edge? i do not drink or do drugs and won't. i have no point in it, and why would someone want to mess themselves up for the fun of it. sex i'm not into, unless there's a real important reason. 1st time, which is most likely after marriage. sex is not something like a annual activity. i am not vegetarian though. i know it's wrong to kill animals, but we all die someday. [hopefully that came out correctly]...i listen to everything you can put under the category of 'rock' to make it simple [hxc, emo, screamo, rock, indie...] and some other stuff. i think you should make the best of situations. i though do not go after people who are not straight edge or have those values. if they want to lose themselves and not better them then, they can go do that. they will regret it after though.

so how do i know? i am? some friends think i am or could be...but how?

i do not mind if i am. being sXe is just going to better me in life and as a person. bettering myself, though, doesn't happen because of being straight edge

as long as you are you - you're fine.

Enhor
03-03-2006, 06:30 AM
It's not so much a matter of you have to listen to 90% hardcore as much as it is a lifestyle very much rooted in that music, so to be a part of it you'd need to be a part of it.
I understand your point of view but it's hard to belong to a movement when you're alone :-s

And my apologies to Nadea for having 'pollute' her thread ;)

xsecx
03-03-2006, 08:57 AM
I understand your point of view but it's hard to belong to a movement when you're alone :-s

I can't imagine you're as alone as you think you are.

xJONNYSCREAMx
03-12-2006, 09:23 PM

Every person on this message board is supporting you, as we support each other.