PDA

View Full Version : Declaring Edge

D1988
02-27-2006, 03:52 AM
I have looked on this forum alot of times now and have realised how helpfull some of you guys are compared to other places I have looked so I have decided to bring my question to you.

I have thought long and hard and decided that I am now Edge. I have never realy enjoyed drinking and have never tried drugs or smoking as it completely disgusts me. I have been alchohol free for around 2 months and never intend to drink again, I have recently cut out caffeine, for the past three weeks that is and I have never felt better. I know caffeine may not be completely related to Straight Edge but its a choice I have decided to make with being Straight Edge.

The only thing is, declaring Edge around here could be looked at as being "Scene" or following a trend or some bullshit. This I couldn't care less about because I know I ain't scene, I have listened to hardcore now for over 2 years and before that always listened to music different to others at my school, it just so happens that people are starting to follow a trend of listening to what I have always, thats a whole other story though. The real reason I am writing all of this is because one of my closest friends has recently declared Edge, this I think was inspired by a friend we met around 8 months ago who has always been Edge. I have always considered Edge since I met him and realised what it was and what it involved. Now I want to declare Edge, I don't want my friend thinking I am copying and that I am doing it because it is "cool". I am doing it for myself, I am doing it because he is a realy close friend and he has inspired me. The lifestyle makes me feel better about myself and makes me feel proud! Surely being Edge will make my friend realise he has done good as I want to follow in his footsteps? Straight Edge involves inspiring others to become Edge doesn't it? I will eventually declare Edge no matter what, I don't care what other people think, I only care about what my friend thinks. Thanks if you read all that, would mean alot of people could help me out. Thanks

SgtD
02-27-2006, 06:05 AM
I have looked on this forum alot of times now and have realised how helpfull some of you guys are compared to other places I have looked so I have decided to bring my question to you.

I have thought long and hard and decided that I am now Edge. I have never realy enjoyed drinking and have never tried drugs or smoking as it completely disgusts me. I have been alchohol free for around 2 months and never intend to drink again, I have recently cut out caffeine, for the past three weeks that is and I have never felt better. I know caffeine may not be completely related to Straight Edge but its a choice I have decided to make with being Straight Edge.

The only thing is, declaring Edge around here could be looked at as being "Scene" or following a trend or some bullshit. This I couldn't care less about because I know I ain't scene, I have listened to hardcore now for over 2 years and before that always listened to music different to others at my school, it just so happens that people are starting to follow a trend of listening to what I have always, thats a whole other story though. The real reason I am writing all of this is because one of my closest friends has recently declared Edge, this I think was inspired by a friend we met around 8 months ago who has always been Edge. I have always considered Edge since I met him and realised what it was and what it involved. Now I want to declare Edge, I don't want my friend thinking I am copying and that I am doing it because it is "cool". I am doing it for myself, I am doing it because he is a realy close friend and he has inspired me. The lifestyle makes me feel better about myself and makes me feel proud! Surely being Edge will make my friend realise he has done good as I want to follow in his footsteps? Straight Edge involves inspiring others to become Edge doesn't it? I will eventually declare Edge no matter what, I don't care what other people think, I only care about what my friend thinks. Thanks if you read all that, would mean alot of people could help me out. Thanks
welcome to the board!
don't worry about what people say, you'll prove yourself as time passes by. maybe your edge friend will think you became sxe because of his influence, i think you should just tell him what you wrote down here.
one more thing, caffeine is a drug, so it's related to sxe.

D1988
02-27-2006, 06:10 AM
welcome to the board!
don't worry about what people say, you'll prove yourself as time passes by. maybe your edge friend will think you became sxe because of his influence, i think you should just tell him what you wrote down here.
one more thing, caffeine is a drug, so it's related to sxe.

thanks, yes thats what I thought about my friend. Surely after being SxE and influencing me to become SxE it should make him feel good about it?

I have read other places that caffeine isn't directly linked to being Edge, but in my opinion it is related, it is a drug so yes I agree with that.

SgtD
02-27-2006, 07:27 AM
thanks, yes thats what I thought about my friend. Surely after being SxE and influencing me to become SxE it should make him feel good about it?

I have read other places that caffeine isn't directly linked to being Edge, but in my opinion it is related, it is a drug so yes I agree with that.
i don't know what he will think, i don't know your friend. but it should make him feel good that you chose to be sxe i guess

lot of people are misguided about cafeine. we have a ew threads dedicated to caffeine on here, search the board if you wish.

D1988
02-27-2006, 08:24 AM
i don't know what he will think, i don't know your friend. but it should make him feel good that you chose to be sxe i guess

lot of people are misguided about cafeine. we have a ew threads dedicated to caffeine on here, search the board if you wish.

Thanks, will do!

D1988
03-07-2006, 06:44 PM
hey folks, just incase anyone was interested! claimed edge, my friend was happy with it cos my reasons and knowledge of edge basically made him proud! thank god for that, I am now SxE, bout time!!!!!!!!!

XThe EdgeX
03-07-2006, 06:56 PM
good for you! I recently got my girlfriend to go sXe. Her brothers is in a hardcore band and is sXe but she never was....she used to drink and party and stuff, but then i met her and kinda turned her around. Shes happy about it hopefully we can be together forever! ...so yeah good For you...:)

D1988
03-07-2006, 07:03 PM
same to you man! thats well done to you and your gf

XThe EdgeX
03-08-2006, 04:49 PM
Straight Edge.......Improving one life at a time!!!!

xJONNYSCREAMx
03-10-2006, 12:59 PM

Welcome here. Don't worry about looking "scene" a. That will die soon and b. it's something that you believe. No ones view should change that.

xbustedx
03-11-2006, 12:29 AM

Welcome to the board. And dont' worry about being called "scene" and such nonsense.

D1988
03-11-2006, 08:16 PM
ahhhhhh being Edge makes me feel soooo good about myself! I have never felt better, despite assholes trying to be cool and rip me for claiming edge I couldn't give a shit! glad you guys on here are being so supportive and all....thanks alot, means alot to me!

XshiXnyX
03-15-2006, 12:04 AM
Why cant we just get a shirt like on those commercials that says

Straight-edge. My anti drug.

I would buy that in a heartbeat