PDA

View Full Version : The Beatles anyone?

Clue
02-19-2006, 10:30 PM
Yes, I realize this site is dedicated to everything 'hardcore' and 'emo'. But may I suggest something other than the norm? Well anyways:

I love The Beatles. I love how almost everyone on this site detests them. Say what you will about the drugs involved. I don't care. This is the only thing I can make a thread about, my appoligies.

xbustedx
02-19-2006, 10:37 PM
Yes, I realize this site is dedicated to everything 'hardcore' and 'emo'. But may I suggest something other than the norm? Well anyways:

I love The Beatles. I love how almost everyone on this site detests them. Say what you will about the drugs involved. I don't care. This is the only thing I can make a thread about, my appoligies.

are you sxe or hardcore?
and if you aren't and you have no intention of becoming either....wtf are you doing here?

SgtD
02-20-2006, 02:25 AM

this sis a straight edge site, no emo on here, sorry.

and i hate the beatles. they sucked

stepinsideissue
02-20-2006, 02:31 AM

Not a hugh Beatles fan. I like Floyd though and look at the drugs involved there.

Seishin
02-20-2006, 02:51 AM
I don't know how you got Emo out of hardcore and straight edge. But yeah i'll say The Beatles did have one or two good songs I enjoyed a bit but I don't go out of my way to buy/download their music.

xvunderx
02-20-2006, 07:18 AM
Se I always thought the Beatles sucked, nothing to do with the drugs, it's just cos the music sucked.One or two songs were pretty good, but that's it.

Maybe it's because i grew up in a household with the Velevet Underground and the Stones instead?

straightXed
02-20-2006, 10:09 AM
See i always liked the beatles, not all of the songs and i always leaned towards stuff written by lennon as i detested the way mcartney would write, he was/is a complete knobber. I actually find a lot of the drug issues interesting reading and i found the way it all related toward the dynamics between the band members and others especially when it went onto the ideas of gurus and enlightenment with ravi shanker and yoko ono. I particularly like how it made a decidedly noticable change in the writing styles of both lennon and mcartney and how those styles diversed from each other in a greater manner. Of course that wasn't soley drugs that was just the beatles and its something that often happens in bands. I always found it interesting when interpreting the lyrics of lennon when they seemed like a snidey dig at mcartney, i liked the revolver album quite a bit as well as the white album.

SgtD
02-20-2006, 10:26 AM
a thing about lennon: i read an interview with him a couple of weeks ago from the late 60's where he said he hated hippies, and made a rant about them. i was kind of surprised

straightXed
02-20-2006, 10:36 AM
a thing about lennon: i read an interview with him a couple of weeks ago from the late 60's where he said he hated hippies, and made a rant about them. i was kind of surprised

Why? Hippies were horrible selfish people whats to like.

SgtD
02-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Why? Hippies were horrible selfish people whats to like.
i always had an image about lennon, naked in the bed with yoko protesting, or flowers in his hair, with peace symbols, and showing V with his fingers. i always thought he was a hippie

straightXed
02-20-2006, 11:53 AM
i always had an image about lennon, naked in the bed with yoko protesting, or flowers in his hair, with peace symbols, and showing V with his fingers. i always thought he was a hippie

Thats a beautiful image for you to have and whilst i understand that its the generally accepted idea of being a hippie i found the occurances which happend during the peak of the hippie movement around the summer of love etc. go against a lot of the generally held ideas.

SgtD
02-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Thats a beautiful image for you to have and whilst i understand that its the generally accepted idea of being a hippie i found the occurances which happend during the peak of the hippie movement around the summer of love etc. go against a lot of the generally held ideas.
i can't tell, i never took attention for hippies