PDA

View Full Version : maturbating?

yourdoomawaitsu
02-19-2006, 08:38 PM
well i know some straightedgers exclude from having sex either until ther married or fall in love. well i have a question for edgers againt sex----do u masturbate? because we as men or women masturbate or have sex for the orgasm sensation so if your against sex because it might be considered a drug or whatever then why would you masturbate, same sensation as having sex,(well not exactly but as close as your going to get with it) but if your excluding from sex because of the dangers--baby,std's,drama then i fully understand and this question isn't directed torward you
appreciate the responses

stepinsideissue
02-20-2006, 02:37 AM
well i know some straightedgers exclude from having sex either until ther married or fall in love. well i have a question for edgers againt sex----do u masturbate? because we as men or women masturbate or have sex for the orgasm sensation so if your against sex because it might be considered a drug or whatever then why would you masturbate, same sensation as having sex,(well not exactly but as close as your going to get with it) but if your excluding from sex because of the dangers--baby,std's,drama then i fully understand and this question isn't directed torward you
appreciate the responses

There is nothing wrong with sex as far as sXe.

Seishin
02-20-2006, 02:47 AM
The reason I don't have promiscuous sex is because I respect myself, I'd rather find someone I love and yeah diseases, unwanted pregnancy for the female, all that. I myself am against it but again it's another personal choice, and yeah i'm not sure it has much to do with sXe, but that's just how I think about it. I myself think masturbation is wrong, I can't really give a reason I guess, just find it pathetic...

straightXed
02-20-2006, 09:46 AM
The reason I don't have promiscuous sex is because I respect myself, I'd rather find someone I love and yeah diseases, unwanted pregnancy for the female, all that. I myself am against it but again it's another personal choice, and yeah i'm not sure it has much to do with sXe, but that's just how I think about it. I myself think masturbation is wrong, I can't really give a reason I guess, just find it pathetic...

Thats quite a statement to say its wrong and not even give a reason.

straightXed
02-20-2006, 09:48 AM
appreciate the responses

How is it a drug to masturbate or have sex?

What makes you think the only reason people have sex is for the orgasm sensation?

Seishin
02-21-2006, 02:47 AM
Thats quite a statement to say its wrong and not even give a reason.
Yeah sorry, to be honest I didn't think it through much or at all when I was typing a response. I was pretty tired aswell :) won't happen again... maybe

straightXed
02-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Yeah sorry, to be honest I didn't think it through much or at all when I was typing a response. I was pretty tired aswell :) won't happen again... maybe

Yoiu still haven't given a reason for it being wrong

Seishin
02-21-2006, 11:06 PM
I have nothing against it, do it if you will, I just don't do it cause I think it's pathetic. I have better things to do with my time then sit around a masturbate. :P I don't believe it's really wrong, as there is no possibility of life from just the males sperm alone, so I guess it isn't wrong, it's jsut something I don't wish to do.

straightXed
02-22-2006, 05:21 AM
I have nothing against it, do it if you will, I just don't do it cause I think it's pathetic. I have better things to do with my time then sit around a masturbate. :P I don't believe it's really wrong, as there is no possibility of life from just the males sperm alone, so I guess it isn't wrong, it's jsut something I don't wish to do.

Ok so its not wrong but why is it pathetic?

sXe_BITE_ME_sXe
02-22-2006, 01:53 PM

i agree with this comment.
i am still a virgin.

its pretty sad how girls whore them selfs i have made the choice to not do that stuff.
i have decided that waiting is the best choice.

xsecx
02-22-2006, 01:56 PM
i am still a virgin.

its pretty sad how girls whore them selfs i have made the choice to not do that stuff.

it's pretty sad that you equate the sexual choices of others with having sex for money.

straightXed
02-22-2006, 03:20 PM
i am still a virgin.

How is it akin to being a whore to masturbate? And why do you agree that masturbation is wrong?

Seishin
02-22-2006, 05:40 PM
Ok so its not wrong but why is it pathetic?
Hm ok i'm actually thinking about it now. I guess it is a means of relief or pleasure, if you have a girlfriend I just believe it's wrong as you shouldn't pleasure yourself over other women but that's just my personal view as I'm sure others would disagree. But for those who are single I believe it's actually ok, and I believe the majority of people do masturbate regularly, though I have no evidence to back this statement up it's what I believe.

straightXed
02-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Hm ok i'm actually thinking about it now. I guess it is a means of relief or pleasure, if you have a girlfriend I just believe it's wrong as you shouldn't pleasure yourself over other women but that's just my personal view as I'm sure others would disagree. But for those who are single I believe it's actually ok, and I believe the majority of people do masturbate regularly, though I have no evidence to back this statement up it's what I believe.

Ok so firstly i notice leaned to the idea that its the men doing the masturbating over women which not only segragates the gender but also the sexual orientation. Further more, you never included how you would feel in the idea of one partner masturbating over their partner, so how would that factor in? Ok or pathetic? How about when a movie scene or a text passage from a book becomes decidely more erotic, is to be stimulated by this in anyway pathetic also or a completely natural reaction perhaps?

I really think that before you throw around the idea that an action, that you yourself agree that the majority of people engage in, is pathetic you should really formulate what you really feel on the subject. I say this because you could easily be sparking hang ups in kids that aren't really sure about masturbation and putting out the idea that the feelings they are having are wrong can just make for issues further down the track. There really is no problem with masturbation and no one should feel that its bad or wrong or pathetic to feel the urge or desire to.

And their is plenty of evidence to back up the idea that the majority of all genders masturbate, lets hope you don't think they are all pathetic.

Seishin
02-22-2006, 06:32 PM
Sorry, I do see your point very well, I am just still a kid and kind of confused about the whole idea of purposely masturbating. I'm happy that we had this conversation, helped open my eyes a bit, thanks alot.

stepinsideissue
02-23-2006, 12:03 AM
I still don't see what sex and masterbation has to do with sXe.

Seishin
02-23-2006, 03:32 AM
It doesn't, simple as that, well atleast as far as I know it doesn't unless I missed something.....

straightXed
02-23-2006, 12:54 PM
Sorry, I do see your point very well, I am just still a kid and kind of confused about the whole idea of purposely masturbating. I'm happy that we had this conversation, helped open my eyes a bit, thanks alot.

And i'd just like to let you know you gave me a chuckle with the idea of accidently masturbating. Thank you too.

sXe_BITE_ME_sXe
02-24-2006, 01:39 PM
it's pretty sad that you equate the sexual choices of others with having sex for money.

i wasnt talking about them doing it for money nothing like prostitution.

xsecx
02-24-2006, 01:41 PM
i wasnt talking about them doing it for money nothing like prostitution.

what do you think "whore themselves" means? you're equating those girls to prostitutes based on their own choices.

sXe_BITE_ME_sXe
02-24-2006, 01:45 PM
How is it akin to being a whore to masturbate? And why do you agree that masturbation is wrong?

i didnt put anything about masturbation.

i was agreeing with the sex comment.

sXe_BITE_ME_sXe
02-24-2006, 01:46 PM
what do you think "whore themselves" means? you're equating those girls to prostitutes based on their own choices.

well i wasnt meaning that.

im trying to say wgat they do here at my high school.

xsecx
02-24-2006, 01:49 PM
well i wasnt meaning that.

im trying to say wgat they do here at my high school.

oh I know what you meant but I was pointing out the actually meaning and intention of the words aren't the same thing.

straightXed
02-24-2006, 02:04 PM
i didnt put anything about masturbation.

i was agreeing with the sex comment.

The post you quoted that you said you agreed with discussed masturbation being wrong. If you don't agree with that comment then you shouldn't quote it and say you do.

yourdoomawaitsu
02-24-2006, 10:37 PM
ok first of all alot of edgers claim that sex without meaning is a drug i have seen it on many sites and talked to many people about it, i mself was just asking a question to people to see what they think b/c guys get stressed out and we need a release and that is one way of doing it. it relaxes you and unstresses you. and for bite-me are you saying that you have never masturbated b/c if you are saying that, then your lying and girl or guy that says they have never is lying- i do it and i have ag/f and she is bi thats one reason why i don't care about wacking it to other women b/c she masturbates to them to and we have sex and it's great but for guys it is good for our prostate i guess from what i've heard. anyway-i think that it can be considered a drug from some peoples perspective but i don't

straightXed
02-25-2006, 05:16 AM
ok first of all alot of edgers claim that sex without meaning is a drug i have seen it on many sites and talked to many people about it, i mself was just asking a question to people to see what they think b/c guys get stressed out and we need a release and that is one way of doing it. it relaxes you and unstresses you. and for bite-me are you saying that you have never masturbated b/c if you are saying that, then your lying and girl or guy that says they have never is lying- i do it and i have ag/f and she is bi thats one reason why i don't care about wacking it to other women b/c she masturbates to them to and we have sex and it's great but for guys it is good for our prostate i guess from what i've heard. anyway-i think that it can be considered a drug from some peoples perspective but i don't

How can it be considered a drug, and just because there are misconceptions about straightedge doesn't make it so.

mouseman004
02-25-2006, 10:37 AM
How can it be considered a drug, and just because there are misconceptions about straightedge doesn't make it so.

Its not that it is a drug, its just that one of the main principles started with sxe was no promiscuous sex (pardon the spelling if its wrong).

xsecx
02-25-2006, 10:43 AM
Its not that it is a drug, its just that one of the main principles started with sxe was no promiscuous sex (pardon the spelling if its wrong).

not really.

straightXed
02-25-2006, 11:46 AM

Well actually people are clearly associating it with drugs and it not really associated with sxe either.

mouseman004
02-25-2006, 12:13 PM
not really.

Don't drink, don't smoke, don't fuck. what do you mean not really?

straightXed
02-25-2006, 12:18 PM
Don't drink, don't smoke, don't fuck. what do you mean not really?

Out of step lyrics - read lyrics to straightedge, although straightedge isn't really defined by any one mans lyrics, if you look at how the people involved in the scene think you may get a better idea of why "not really".

mouseman004
02-25-2006, 12:37 PM
Out of step lyrics - read lyrics to straightedge, although straightedge isn't really defined by any one mans lyrics, if you look at how the people involved in the scene think you may get a better idea of why "not really".

I give up, there are way to many different ideas or different forms of straight edge and its at the point where i dont even understand it anymore. Some say you can have caffeiene, others say you cant, some say you can have sex, others say you cant, is there a set definition of what you can or cannot do or beleive? I have always been under the impression that straight edge meant no promiscuous sex, apparently according to some people im wrong, but according to others im right. From now on im just clean

straightXed
02-25-2006, 12:54 PM
I give up, there are way to many different ideas or different forms of straight edge and its at the point where i dont even understand it anymore. Some say you can have caffeiene, others say you cant, some say you can have sex, others say you cant, is there a set definition of what you can or cannot do or beleive? I have always been under the impression that straight edge meant no promiscuous sex, apparently according to some people im wrong, but according to others im right. From now on im just clean

Well caffiene is recreational drug use isn't it?

And as for the issue of sex you'd be hard pressed to see it as a running theme through straightedge hardcore lyrics from bands and attitudes from those involved in the scene its seemingly a misconception that manifests itself online. Songs within hardcore very often carry a message that goes against the use of drugs but anti sex songs are at best few and far between.

And a minute ago you were claiming there was a set definition of what can or cannot do, which there is just it never really involved sex. Its about being drug free and being involved in the hardcore scene that is what defines being straightedge, what you believe is somewhat dictated by what you do for instance if you abstain from drinking you can't really follow a religion that suggests drinking is a correct thing to do.

The title of the song was lifted to name the subculture straightedge for a reason, it described what the people making that movement a reality were trying to achieve, if they wanted a movement that was anti sex as well then i'm sure the idea of being out of step would have taken presidence over the idea of being straightedge.

xsecx
02-25-2006, 04:46 PM
Well caffiene is recreational drug use isn't it?

And as for the issue of sex you'd be hard pressed to see it as a running theme through straightedge hardcore lyrics from bands and attitudes from those involved in the scene its seemingly a misconception that manifests itself online. Songs within hardcore very often carry a message that goes against the use of drugs but anti sex songs are at best few and far between.

And a minute ago you were claiming there was a set definition of what can or cannot do, which there is just it never really involved sex. Its about being drug free and being involved in the hardcore scene that is what defines being straightedge, what you believe is somewhat dictated by what you do for instance if you abstain from drinking you can't really follow a religion that suggests drinking is a correct thing to do.

The title of the song was lifted to name the subculture straightedge for a reason, it described what the people making that movement a reality were trying to achieve, if they wanted a movement that was anti sex as well then i'm sure the idea of being out of step would have taken presidence over the idea of being straightedge.

I guess people only listen to part of the song and not all of it.

straightXed
02-25-2006, 04:50 PM

Which is a bit silly if you wanted to allign yourself with what the song was saying

mouseman004
02-25-2006, 04:51 PM

Is this directed at me? because if it is, I would prefer it if you directed your comments about me towards me instead of somebody else

xsecx
02-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Is this directed at me? because if it is, I would prefer it if you directed your comments about me towards me instead of somebody else
ok then. so what do you have to say about it then?

mouseman004
02-25-2006, 04:55 PM
ok then. so what do you have to say about it then?

Nothing, I was mistaken with my first assumption, so i cant argue with it, i would just prefer it that if you have something to say about me, you say it to me and not somebody else

xsecx
02-25-2006, 04:58 PM
Nothing, I was mistaken with my first assumption, so i cant argue with it, i would just prefer it that if you have something to say about me, you say it to me and not somebody else

yeah, because it's a message board and I was clearly saying it behind your back. and of course the fact that it was a general comment about people having misconceptions based on a song that most times they've never even heard because if they had they would have to also be against playing golf.

mouseman004
02-25-2006, 05:03 PM
yeah, because it's a message board and I was clearly saying it behind your back. and of course the fact that it was a general comment about people having misconceptions based on a song that most times they've never even heard because if they had they would have to also be against playing golf.

I beleive that is why i asked if it was directed to me, if you had said no, it was a general comment, then i would not have been so defensive

mouseman004
02-25-2006, 05:05 PM

and you are right i have never heard the song, my misconceptions were based on my own beleifs and the mistake i made of beleiving they fit in with sxe. Me being clean has nothing to do with musical influences, i listen to hxc and sxe music yes, but i have been clean since before i knew was sxe even was

xsecx
02-25-2006, 05:11 PM
and you are right i have never heard the song, my misconceptions were based on my own beleifs and the mistake i made of beleiving they fit in with sxe. Me being clean has nothing to do with musical influences, i listen to hxc and sxe music yes, but i have been clean since before i knew was sxe even was

cool. if you're interested there's some really good straight edge music I'd suggest you give a listen to, to see how and if it's something you'd be into.

mouseman004
02-25-2006, 05:14 PM
cool. if you're interested there's some really good straight edge music I'd suggest you give a listen to, to see how and if it's something you'd be into.

I am interested, because clearly i know less about the scene (for lack of a better word, i know how people hate that word) than i thought

XshiXnyX
03-05-2006, 11:43 AM
How is it a drug to masturbate or have sex?

What makes you think the only reason people have sex is for the orgasm sensation?

actually, im addicted to masturbating = O

SgtD
03-05-2006, 12:35 PM
that's not addiction though

straightXed
03-05-2006, 02:56 PM

If you were it still wouldn't make it a drug.

rodrigo
03-05-2006, 03:59 PM
that's not addiction though
maybe he is addicted to another thing...

SgtD
03-05-2006, 04:21 PM
maybe he is addicted to another thing...
what do you mean?

rodrigo
03-05-2006, 04:31 PM
what do you mean?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/osopunkore/chinese.jpg

xsecx
03-05-2006, 07:15 PM

now that was funny.

SgtD
03-06-2006, 05:00 AM
hahaha

XshiXnyX
03-13-2006, 08:19 PM

Ahh, thats a keeper

metemi
03-14-2006, 11:19 PM
Is it ok to masturbate??? Jesus, If you guys are looking for a huge set of rules regarding what you should or shouldn't do, think, feel, or behave like (as alot of you seem to be), why not join the Catholic church or something... Seriously, who cares if you don't do drugs or have casual sex or don't eat meat; none of that has anything to do with what kind of a person you are.

xsecx
03-15-2006, 07:22 AM
Seriously, who cares if you don't do drugs or have casual sex or don't eat meat; none of that has anything to do with what kind of a person you are.

uh. yeah it does.

XshiXnyX
03-15-2006, 05:36 PM
Is it ok to masturbate??? Jesus, If you guys are looking for a huge set of rules regarding what you should or shouldn't do, think, feel, or behave like (as alot of you seem to be), why not join the Catholic church or something... Seriously, who cares if you don't do drugs or have casual sex or don't eat meat; none of that has anything to do with what kind of a person you are.

dude, whats wrong with you?