PDA

View Full Version : songs like the master

MidnightHours
02-09-2006, 06:10 AM
Ok so I wanted to make a list of metal stuff and I wanted it to be a list that makes me feel like I need to run around hitting things...like master of puppets. Could people recomend any songs like that one?

SgtD
02-09-2006, 06:34 AM
i never liked metallica to be honest. you should try some Anthrax, Sodom, Destruction. these are/were great thrash bands. better than metallica in my opinion

xsecx
02-09-2006, 08:54 AM
body bag, rain on the parade.

MidnightHours
02-09-2006, 10:38 AM
i never liked metallica to be honest. you should try some Anthrax, Sodom, Destruction. these are/were great thrash bands. better than metallica in my opinion

Metallica was one of the brands I grew up with, I'll try anthrax out cause im pretty sure I've heard some of their stuff before and liked it.

The only problem I have with metallica...alot of their music is the same.

daytonohsxe
02-09-2006, 11:16 AM
you should listen to DragonForce (http://www.dragonforce.com)

SgtD
02-09-2006, 12:35 PM
you should listen to DragonForce (http://www.dragonforce.com)
i like dragonforce, but it's definitely not that approach from metal as master of puppets is, and that's what he is searching for.

SgtD
02-09-2006, 12:37 PM
body bag, rain on the parade.
i don't see tthe connection. that song is about hardcore and metal mixed. this guy only wanted some decent metal.

xsecx
02-09-2006, 12:46 PM
i don't see tthe connection. that song is about hardcore and metal mixed. this guy only wanted some decent metal.

all metal should be put in a body bag and sent back to the long hairs.

MidnightHours
02-09-2006, 12:58 PM

Theres nothing wrong with long hair. If you want to know what is wrong...is the dream a had last night where jesus was in my toilet and when I opened the toilet he said hey. Now that's wrong, it made me think...shit this is what drugs must be like. And whats even more wrong is about ten minutes ago I was in the bathroom and some air escaped from some pocket somewhere and made a weird noise that sounded like someone saying help...of course I just stood there afraid to go cause I thought the toilet was going to blow up.

SgtD
02-09-2006, 01:06 PM
that's your opinion. however your post would be appropriate and hilarious if someone asked for bands that sound like bleeding through or whatever.

straightXed
02-09-2006, 01:25 PM
Lawnmower deth or something.

xsecx
02-09-2006, 01:34 PM
that's your opinion. however your post would be appropriate and hilarious if someone asked for bands that sound like bleeding through or whatever.

my post was already both approriate and hilarious.

stepinsideissue
02-10-2006, 12:40 AM
Some of my faves are

Killswitch Engage, Unearth, God Forbid, Dry Kill Logic, Chimaira, Ill Nino, Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Deftones, Deicide, Disturbed, Dragpipe, Fear Factory, Lamb of God, Sepultura, Sevedust, Stone Sour, Spineshank, Mushroomhead, Machine Head, Meshugah, Mudvayne, Pantera, Rammstein, Shadoes Fall, Skinlab, Soulfly, Unloco,Haste, Watch them Die, My Ruin, Soilwork, Eye Hate God, Slaves on Dope,Thorn, Suffocation, Death, Morbid Angel, Biohazard, Shank 456, Flaw, System of a Down, Anthrax, Dead to Fall, Silverstien, American Head Charge, Darkest Hour, Between the Buried and Me, Atreyu, Scars of Tomarrow, Bury your Dead, Still Remains, The Hurt Process, Sinai Beach and A Perfect Murder.

Metallica rots. And for the record hair metal is out. Nu-metal is in.

MidnightHours
02-10-2006, 05:41 AM

speaking of bleeding through...my friend bought the new album and he said it was so bad it made him want to cry.

SgtD
02-10-2006, 05:47 AM
speaking of bleeding through...my friend bought the new album and he said it was so bad it made him want to cry.
no surprise there

SgtD
02-10-2006, 05:49 AM
Some of my faves are
Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Skinlab, Death, Morbid Angel, Anthrax

the others suck so bad man! i can't beleive you like those nu metal crap!

daytonohsxe
02-10-2006, 07:36 AM
im all up for foreign metal... like InFlames, Nightwish, Cradle of Filth, DragonForce, Rammstein, all of that good shit.. then again i also like Death Cab for Cutie and Alkaline Trio. I'm a very genre mixed individual.

MidnightHours
02-10-2006, 07:46 AM
And for the record hair metal is out. Nu-metal is in.

I'd still rather listen to the bands with guitarists that can play. And no I'm not saying the guys in those bands can't play just the older guys do it better.

P.s don't pay attention to this post...I'm an idiot.

MidnightHours
02-10-2006, 07:48 AM
im all up for foreign metal... like InFlames, Nightwish, Cradle of Filth, DragonForce, Rammstein, all of that good shit.. then again i also like Death Cab for Cutie and Alkaline Trio. I'm a very genre mixed individual.

(ignore the double post)

Nothing wrong with a little death cab. I'm using one of their songs in the skate video me and some people are making this year.

LdsJonessXe
02-10-2006, 08:52 AM

in flames is awsome

i dont care for ramsteins lyrics though

stepinsideissue
02-10-2006, 12:13 PM
the others suck so bad man! i can't beleive you like those nu metal crap!

Then again you're talking about a guy that likes eXc and Atreyu also.

stepinsideissue
02-10-2006, 12:14 PM

Nothing wrong with Death Cab.... I like the song When Soul Meets Body. But seriously Cradle of Filth??????

stepinsideissue
02-10-2006, 12:16 PM
I'd still rather listen to the bands with guitarists that can play. And no I'm not saying the guys in those bands can't play just the older guys do it better.

P.s don't pay attention to this post...I'm an idiot.

You're not an idiot. I'll admit that some of the older bands do it better too. Metallica has some great riffs but they sold themselves out with Load. That and the whole napster thing.

straightXed
02-10-2006, 12:38 PM
You're not an idiot. I'll admit that some of the older bands do it better too. Metallica has some great riffs but they sold themselves out with Load. That and the whole napster thing.

Metalica were sell outs long before that.

MidnightHours
02-10-2006, 04:58 PM
Metalica were sell outs long before that.

When they made the video for one or even when they went mainstream is when some people said they sold out.

straightXed
02-10-2006, 06:59 PM
When they made the video for one or even when they went mainstream is when some people said they sold out.

Metalica can eat a shit sandwich.

MidnightHours
02-11-2006, 09:30 AM
Metalica can eat a shit sandwich.

If any band should eat shit sandwiches it's limp bizkit, I respect metallica's older albums to much to hear that.

straightXed
02-11-2006, 10:00 AM
If any band should eat shit sandwiches it's limp bizkit, I respect metallica's older albums to much to hear that.

Respecting their albums has got nothing to do with them being dickheads that should eat a shit sandwich though. They could write the best album in the world but they'd still be dicks.

MidnightHours
02-11-2006, 10:16 AM
Respecting their albums has got nothing to do with them being dickheads that should eat a shit sandwich though. They could write the best album in the world but they'd still be dicks.

They're not all dicks, you can't judge the band as a whole just because one or two members are idiots.

xsecx
02-11-2006, 10:21 AM
They're not all dicks, you can't judge the band as a whole just because one or two members are idiots.

napster.

MidnightHours
02-11-2006, 10:25 AM
napster.

Lars and probably James.

Both my firend and myself have met Kirk before, I never asked him about the napster thing but my friend did and Kirk just said that he really doesn't care about that whole napster money crap and just wants to play music.

xsecx
02-11-2006, 11:07 AM
Lars and probably James.

Both my firend and myself have met Kirk before, I never asked him about the napster thing but my friend did and Kirk just said that he really doesn't care about that whole napster money crap and just wants to play music.

never said it publicly and all the statements that were made were made as a band and the lawsuit was filed by the band, not individuals.

MidnightHours
02-11-2006, 11:21 AM
never said it publicly and all the statements that were made were made as a band and the lawsuit was filed by the band, not individuals.

It's Lars band and him and James pretty much decide everything for the band and didn't let the other two give much input. It's been said more then once that they make the choices for the band. Pretty much at the time whatever Lars and James said spoke for the whole band.

xsecx
02-11-2006, 11:37 AM
It's Lars band and him and James pretty much decide everything for the band and didn't let the other two give much input. It's been said more then once that they make the choices for the band. Pretty much at the time whatever Lars and James said spoke for the whole band.

then what ed says is accurate and stands then doesn't it?

straightXed
02-11-2006, 11:41 AM

Who said i was only judging one or two members? I clearly stated they were all dicks so i'm not sure how you got to that conclusion.

straightXed
02-11-2006, 11:47 AM

yeah the whole band are dicks then!! If someone didn't agree with the stance of the band then why do they continue to be a part of its ideals and associate themselves with the others that don't represent their opinions? Its like working for hitler, just because you aren't calling the shots doesn't make you less responsible or less of a dick.

stepinsideissue
02-11-2006, 01:08 PM

Why respect a band thats about the $ and not the fans and music. They should be flattered that that many people were trying to listen to thier music and not worried about the pennies on the dollar they might lose. Yeah it adds up but there is always people that buy the album and go to the live show and a couple of kids downloading Ain't My Bitch or Enter Sandman really couldn't have hurt them THAT bad.

stepinsideissue
02-11-2006, 01:10 PM
yeah the whole band are dicks then!! If someone didn't agree with the stance of the band then why do they continue to be a part of its ideals and associate themselves with the others that don't represent their opinions? Its like working for hitler, just because you aren't calling the shots doesn't make you less responsible or less of a dick.

I gotta agree with this 100%.

MidnightHours
02-12-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm not going to keep going with this because from looking at past threads you guys go on for pages and pages and I have better things to do then sit and fight about a band. You guys have your opinions and I have mine.

xsecx
02-12-2006, 02:27 PM
I'm not going to keep going with this because from looking at past threads you guys go on for pages and pages and I have better things to do then sit and fight about a band. You guys have your opinions and I have mine.

yeah, but your opinion is demonstrably wrong.

rodrigo
02-12-2006, 02:36 PM
i like the bassplayer

gatsaw
02-12-2006, 03:33 PM
in flames is awsome

ín flames is swedish...wich many times is the same thing as awsome.

straightXed
02-12-2006, 04:05 PM

The thing is once the opinion was put forward you had a problem with it but were unable to construct any plausable reasons as to why. It is for exactly those reasons that people discuss the same thing for pages, you don't like the opinion held by others but can't find fault in that opinion - that to me says a lot more about you and why you challenged it in the first place. And now you haven't got a plausable argument you suddenly have better things to do, but for some reason those 'better things' didn't take priority over telling us about these 'better things' that you have to do. Oh how convenient the 'better things' are!!!

LdsJonessXe
02-12-2006, 07:35 PM
ín flames is swedish...wich many times is the same thing as awsome.
thats cool do listen to them?

stepinsideissue
02-13-2006, 01:01 AM
i like the bassplayer

Which one? Cliiff Benton the dead guy, Jason Newsted or the new guy?

straightXed
02-13-2006, 05:48 AM

Burton not benton.

rodrigo
02-13-2006, 07:28 AM
robert trujillo, the new guy

daytonohsxe
02-13-2006, 07:32 AM
i love cradle of filth... they are probably my second favorite band... next to straylight run

gatsaw
02-14-2006, 12:47 PM
thats cool do listen to them?
nope, but i think that i might like a few of their songs that i´ve heard.

stepinsideissue
02-15-2006, 12:29 AM
Burton not benton.

Yeah thats what I ment. I was tired and I'm a dumb ass some times.

MidnightHours
02-16-2006, 11:01 AM
The thing is once the opinion was put forward you had a problem with it but were unable to construct any plausable reasons as to why. It is for exactly those reasons that people discuss the same thing for pages, you don't like the opinion held by others but can't find fault in that opinion - that to me says a lot more about you and why you challenged it in the first place. And now you haven't got a plausable argument you suddenly have better things to do, but for some reason those 'better things' didn't take priority over telling us about these 'better things' that you have to do. Oh how convenient the 'better things' are!!!

To tell the truth I was just having a bad few days and felt like having an argument(i cant spell) so ya sorry about that, I really just used it to get rid of stress.

MidnightHours
02-16-2006, 11:04 AM
i love cradle of filth... they are probably my second favorite band... next to straylight run

Their cover of hallowed be thy name was amazing.

And for they people that said in flames was great, I'm with you on that one.

collin
02-16-2006, 11:06 AM
Black Clouds by Converge

stepinsideissue
02-18-2006, 12:39 AM
robert trujillo, the new guy
Wasn't he in another band before?

SgtD
02-18-2006, 02:44 AM
Wasn't he in another band before?
suicidal tendencies

rodrigo
02-18-2006, 07:36 AM
suicidal tendencies

and infectious grooves

SgtD
02-18-2006, 07:41 AM
and infectious grooves
yeah, but that was only a side project

rodrigo
02-18-2006, 07:45 AM
yeah, but that was only a side project

oh, then it doesnt count? damn

SgtD
02-18-2006, 10:02 AM
oh, then it doesnt count? damn
it does, but everybody knows him from suicidal tendencies, because that's more famous

stepinsideissue
02-19-2006, 12:16 AM
suicidal tendencies

Ok. That was what I was thinking but I couldn't put the name to a face.