PDA

View Full Version : Band Resources (sXe ONLY)

Liefde
12-16-2005, 06:26 AM
I'd just like a listing of ANY website where I may purchase music and posters/clothing ONLY SXE PLEASE.
This is just a resource I can use and others, I personally want it as once I move houses I can spend a bit on some new music and posters/clothing. I live in Australia so hopefully most the sites will mail worldwide but whatever ^_^. Any websites would be appreciated, i'm not looking for any particular band.

Any website/band is appreciated even if it only contains samples of the bands music so I may hear it before buying, thank you.

xsecx
12-16-2005, 10:54 AM
www.revhq.com
www.verydistro.com

should be able to ship to you and have a decent selection of edge bands. hopefully someone from your side of the world will have something over there so shipping wouldn't be as insane.

Liefde
12-16-2005, 11:04 AM
Thanks heaps for the fast reply xsecx, just your honest opinion. I'm a first time buyer of hardcore CDs, anything you'd recommend as the top bands to get ? Yer.. I am kind of fairly new to the hardcore scene but i'm still a kid and exploring my life alot to see what fits me.

Though I have heard some of Verse, Bane, Minor Threat and The Geeks, but that's about it ^^.

SgtD
12-16-2005, 11:32 AM
there is a thread called greatest hardcore and sxe bands. you should get some of those records.

Liefde
12-16-2005, 11:35 AM
I should be in bed since it's 4:35am but ok ^^ all good. Thanks heaps for the information SgtD, checking it out now.

keithxXx
12-28-2005, 06:42 PM
sites for clothes-
http://www.threeacrossclothing.com/index2.html
http://www.purebloodclothing.com/home.html
http://seventhdagger.com/
http://www.bystanderfanzine.com/motive/
http://xcatalystx.com/
http://www.stillhereclothing.net/index2.html

straightXed
12-28-2005, 07:14 PM
sites for clothes with a completely dumb message-

http://seventhdagger.com/
http://www.bystanderfanzine.com/motive/

I mean, what is the fascination with guns and killing people and what has it got to do with straightedge?

keithxXx
12-28-2005, 10:13 PM
I mean, what is the fascination with guns and killing people and what has it got to do with straightedge?
haha, it gets the point across, but you gotta keep it posi, is it my fault that they decide to sell shirts like that. they got normal shirts.

xsecx
12-29-2005, 02:15 AM
haha, it gets the point across, but you gotta keep it posi, is it my fault that they decide to sell shirts like that. they got normal shirts.

it would be your fault for promoting it.

keithxXx
12-29-2005, 10:51 AM
theres nothing wrong with it. why not promote it

straightXed
12-29-2005, 11:27 AM
theres nothing wrong with it. why not promote it

Nothing wrong with enforcing the idea of straightedge being about millitant murder? Nothing wrong with making guns a cool iconic factor in a positive youthful movement? Because those two things won't make any impact on people will they?!? And of course strengthening this kind of attitude won't have ramifications will it.

keithxXx
12-29-2005, 04:21 PM
nope

xsecx
12-29-2005, 04:25 PM
nope

then how exactly are you "keeping it posi"?

keithxXx
12-29-2005, 08:48 PM
im a very positive person, no fighting nothing. but im still aloud to wear wtf i want

xsecx
12-30-2005, 05:05 AM
im a very positive person, no fighting nothing. but im still aloud to wear wtf i want

do you seriously not understand what people are trying to tell you or even what wearing something means? you can say you're a very positive person but if you wear things that reinforce negative stereotypes then you're not actually being positive.

keithxXx
01-01-2006, 02:08 AM
i think my clothes are positive, since the only shirt i have that you might consider not positive is this http://www.stillhereclothing.net/images/shirts/store/ifgtku.jpg and it dosen't seem to me to be all that negative, and i don't own any 7dag shirts. he asked for sites, i delivered. get off my ass

xsecx
01-01-2006, 04:59 AM
i think my clothes are positive, since the only shirt i have that you might consider not positive is this http://www.stillhereclothing.net/images/shirts/store/ifgtku.jpg and it dosen't seem to me to be all that negative, and i don't own any 7dag shirts. he asked for sites, i delivered. get off my ass

how is that shirt positive then? why "doesn't it seem to be all that negative"' when it essentially is telling people to kill themselves immediately rather than waiting?

straightXed
01-01-2006, 05:43 AM

You are the one that actually said 'you have to keep it posi' and the shirts you recomened don't really keep it posi. But i really don't see how you can think theres nothing wrong with the kind of message these shirts promote.

keithxXx
01-01-2006, 01:26 PM
You are the one that actually said 'you have to keep it posi' and the shirts you recomened don't really keep it posi. But i really don't see how you can think theres nothing wrong with the kind of message these shirts promote.
nope i dont really see a problem with that shirt, or the other shirts i wear.

straightXed
01-01-2006, 01:52 PM

So you think promoting guns and murder is a good thing then.

SgtD
01-02-2006, 02:45 AM
then don't say you keep it posi

xJONNYSCREAMx
03-10-2006, 10:37 PM
Nothing wrong with enforcing the idea of straightedge being about millitant murder? Nothing wrong with making guns a cool iconic factor in a positive youthful movement? Because those two things won't make any impact on people will they?!? And of course strengthening this kind of attitude won't have ramifications will it.

I find this ironic, in light that alot of the sxe.com clothing uses skulls...just to point it out

xbustedx
03-10-2006, 11:06 PM
does anybody know the website where I can buy the plain "DRUG FREE" jacket?

xsecx
03-11-2006, 09:28 AM
I find this ironic, in light that alot of the sxe.com clothing uses skulls...just to point it out

how is it ironic?

straightXed
03-11-2006, 09:49 AM

Do skulls give out the message of millitant murder? Do they make guns cool and iconic?

xbustedx
03-11-2006, 12:36 PM
how is it ironic?

I don't find it Ironic but Skulls do have a direct connection to death. And in my personal opinion thats not neccecarly positive.

straightXed
03-11-2006, 02:08 PM
I don't find it Ironic but Skulls do have a direct connection to death. And in my personal opinion thats not neccecarly positive.

Life is directly connected to death, is that not positive either? And what about slogans like true till death - connected with death but conveying a message of determination and longevity - is that not positive?

xbustedx
03-11-2006, 03:19 PM
Life is directly connected to death, is that not positive either? And what about slogans like true till death - connected with death but conveying a message of determination and longevity - is that not positive?

okay good point. (Now I am not trying to defend t-shirts like the one posted above) But if there was a t-shirt that said straight edge and had a gun on it. And thats all just sxe and a gun how do you automatically know that Killing people is the only thing that the gun could represent?

straightXed
03-11-2006, 03:44 PM
okay good point. (Now I am not trying to defend t-shirts like the one posted above) But if there was a t-shirt that said straight edge and had a gun on it. And thats all just sxe and a gun how do you automatically know that Killing people is the only thing that the gun could represent?

Well what is the main use of a gun? What else could it represent? What representation is ultimately associated with guns? What do guns have to do with straightedge? Why would you make a shirt that just said straightedge and a picture of a gun, i mean what would make anyone think of any other use for a gun without the shirt giving any other information? I can't think of a healthy association for straightedge and guns based on the shirt you have described, can you? If so what is it and how is it clear to people?

xbustedx
03-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Well what is the main use of a gun? What else could it represent? What representation is ultimately associated with guns? What do guns have to do with straightedge? Why would you make a shirt that just said straightedge and a picture of a gun, i mean what would make anyone think of any other use for a gun without the shirt giving any other information? I can't think of a healthy association for straightedge and guns based on the shirt you have described, can you? If so what is it and how is it clear to people?

Strength and Defense.

straightXed
03-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Strength and Defense.

how strength? and why does straightedge relate to a need to shoot people in defence?

xbustedx
03-11-2006, 04:03 PM
how strength? and why does straightedge relate to a need to shoot people in defence?

I didn't say you would shoot people in defense I said it was a sign of defense.

xsecx
03-11-2006, 04:11 PM

a shield is a sign of defense. a gun is a sign of offense.

straightXed
03-11-2006, 04:17 PM

How would that convey when you depict a tool thats primary function is to shoot? And how did it convey strength?

xbustedx
03-11-2006, 05:57 PM
How would that convey when you depict a tool thats primary function is to shoot? And how did it convey strength?

It conveys it that " I am ready/willing to defend my beliefs" and just because It is a gun used as the sign of defense doesn't mean that that person would neccecarly use a gun to defend.

xbustedx
03-11-2006, 05:58 PM
a shield is a sign of defense. a gun is a sign of offense.

so your saying that nobody has used a gun in defense before?

xsecx
03-11-2006, 10:58 PM
so your saying that nobody has used a gun in defense before?
you're talking about symbolism. In symbolism the gun is offensive, not defensive. anything can be used to defend yourself but that doesn't make it a symbol of defense? If I put a pen in a picture next to straight edge does it mean strength and defense? When you put a gun in anything you're essentially saying, I will kill you. The way you're trying to twist things into defense doesn't hold because of the symbolism of guns as well as how they're actually used. There are many other ways to convey strength and defense than gun imagery, and all of them better.

xsecx
03-11-2006, 10:59 PM
It conveys it that " I am ready/willing to defend my beliefs" and just because It is a gun used as the sign of defense doesn't mean that that person would neccecarly use a gun to defend.

no it conveys if you don't agree with me, I will shoot you.

xbustedx
03-11-2006, 11:02 PM
no it conveys if you don't agree with me, I will shoot you.

Not in my personal opinion

xbustedx
03-11-2006, 11:04 PM
you're talking about symbolism. In symbolism the gun is offensive, not defensive. anything can be used to defend yourself but that doesn't make it a symbol of defense? If I put a pen in a picture next to straight edge does it mean strength and defense? When you put a gun in anything you're essentially saying, I will kill you. The way you're trying to twist things into defense doesn't hold because of the symbolism of guns as well as how they're actually used. There are many other ways to convey strength and defense than gun imagery, and all of them better.

I am not saying that I disagree in all the cases but I would never put down/critisize another sxe person for wearing a sxe t-shrit w/ a gun on it.

xbustedx
03-11-2006, 11:05 PM
I am not saying that I disagree in all the cases but I would never put down/critisize another sxe person for wearing a sxe t-shrit w/ a gun on it.

except of course it made some explicet mention towards kiling/suicide. (such as the t-shirt posted above)

xsecx
03-12-2006, 07:42 AM

symbolism isn't about personal opinion.

xsecx
03-12-2006, 07:42 AM

why wouldn't you?

xsecx
03-12-2006, 07:43 AM
except of course it made some explicet mention towards kiling/suicide. (such as the t-shirt posted above)

using a gun is making explict mention towards killing.

straightXed
03-12-2006, 07:52 AM

defend them from what? Other people shooting your beliefs? If not the imagary of a gun is flawed as it does visually describe the use of a gun. If you are saying someone would use pictures of a gun to say that they will defend beliefs without using guns, well then you are really not looking at this from a sane and logical standpoint.

To defend beliefs a gun is not needed and you are saying it wouldn't be used so why would you use a picture of a gun.

Oh and how does it show strength?

straightXed
03-12-2006, 07:54 AM

Why not, do you think its good to associate guns with straightedge? Why is it good to do that?

straightXed
03-12-2006, 07:56 AM

How is a gun not associated with killing, please explain this as it is quite a revelation.