PDA

View Full Version : Snowballing?

Fod
12-03-2005, 06:28 PM
Has anybody else thought about that music that is pushing the norm (ie. first punk then hardcore)is getting harder and harder, I mean 25 years ago the music was now where near as hard as it is now. Now think about are we going to enventually reach a wall where it ceases to be music or if it does keep snowballing then think about what our kids are going to listen to when they are our age.

xsecx
12-03-2005, 07:39 PM
Has anybody else thought about that music that is pushing the norm (ie. first punk then hardcore)is getting harder and harder, I mean 25 years ago the music was now where near as hard as it is now. Now think about are we going to enventually reach a wall where it ceases to be music or if it does keep snowballing then think about what our kids are going to listen to when they are our age.

how is hardcore getting harder? what bands are playing this harder hardcore?

xGriffox
12-03-2005, 11:05 PM
how is hardcore getting harder? what bands are playing this harder hardcore?
not necasarily hardcore. Look at grindcore and death metal. How much more heavy can the sound possibly get?

SgtD
12-04-2005, 02:52 AM
we'll see when the new terrorizer album comes out!

straightXed
12-04-2005, 07:13 AM
not necasarily hardcore. Look at grindcore and death metal. How much more heavy can the sound possibly get?

Yeah but a lot of that isn't really hard at all, i mean it may sound heavy or hard but its content and stance toward things isn't that hard, in fact to me it seems more akin to theatre.

straightXed
12-04-2005, 07:17 AM

How would it cease to be music, isn't that going to be subjective to taste. 25 years ago the music listened by the younger generation wasn't considered music by older generations, people often put that down to them being to old and crypto-fascist to understand what cliff richard was trying to say!

xsecx
12-04-2005, 08:11 AM

how are those any heavier than anything else? Playing fast and growling doesn't really make anything heavy.