PDA

View Full Version : Blue Monday - rewritten

SgtD
10-25-2005, 12:52 AM
i almost forgot about this, thanks to Ed for reminding. great stuff!
the sound is kinda fresh, and the lyrics are more complex than bands usually have in this genre.
Steven Wade did some background vocals, why didn't you tell us flyboy? (or did you?)
what is bothering me is that the backgroundvocals seem like one or two guys dubbed various times on it, it sounds a bit weird for my ears.
Steve, give me some info on that! how did that happen? Are you good friends with them?

stepinsideissue
10-25-2005, 01:08 AM
the sound is kinda fresh, and the lyrics are more complex than bands usually have in this genre.
Steven Wade did some background vocals, why didn't you tell us flyboy? (or did you?)
what is bothering me is that the backgroundvocals seem like one or two guys dubbed various times on it, it sounds a bit weird for my ears.
Steve, give me some info on that! how did that happen? Are you good friends with them?

Yeah super great stuff. There was a post some where and I don't remember where that Steve was talking about the crucial background vox and then he mentioned it was him.

SgtD
10-25-2005, 09:15 AM
Yeah super great stuff. There was a post some where and I don't remember where that Steve was talking about the crucial background vox and then he mentioned it was him.
i guess i overlooked it then. gotta do a search.

SgtD
10-25-2005, 09:41 AM
i found it, but there was no details on it. so steve, it's story time!

straightXed
10-25-2005, 03:58 PM

If you see them you can pick up the limited 500 euro press picture vinyl of that record, are they headed your way?

SgtD
10-26-2005, 12:25 AM
If you see them you can pick up the limited 500 euro press picture vinyl of that record, are they headed your way?
they didn't have it with them! i asked, but they said there was something gone wrong in the pressing plant, and they didn't get any. They said they should get them from bridge 9 4 days after they were in Hungary....
Did you get one?

straightXed
10-26-2005, 07:04 AM
they didn't have it with them! i asked, but they said there was something gone wrong in the pressing plant, and they didn't get any. They said they should get them from bridge 9 4 days after they were in Hungary....
Did you get one?

Yeah they got hold of them a few days before they played here, i did get one and a GIA euro pressing

SgtD
10-26-2005, 07:46 AM
Yeah they got hold of them a few days before they played here, i did get one and a GIA euro pressing
yeah that's just our luck. i bought it on cd anyway, and got a hoodie as well. I wanted a longsleeve, but it's colour just didn't work for me.
GIA had the euro pressing with them, a couple of friends picked those up, and a distro too. i'm sure they gave away all of them by the end of the tour.

flame_still_burns
10-26-2005, 10:40 PM
i sorta knew dave mac and adam the bass player via online stuff. i heard they were recording in nyc (i work there) so i said to adam, let me know when you are doing the gang vox and i wanna come in and do it. a few weeks later there was an email telling me when they were doing it and it just so happened that i was up there... so i went in and spent the afternoon doing them along with the band and one other guy. my voice was wrecked. then we left and got some food. good guys.

the royalty checks just keep pouring in!

SgtD
10-27-2005, 01:43 AM
i sorta knew dave mac and adam the bass player via online stuff. i heard they were recording in nyc (i work there) so i said to adam, let me know when you are doing the gang vox and i wanna come in and do it. a few weeks later there was an email telling me when they were doing it and it just so happened that i was up there... so i went in and spent the afternoon doing them along with the band and one other guy. my voice was wrecked. then we left and got some food. good guys.

the royalty checks just keep pouring in!
awesome!

Royalty checks huh? haha