PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to be vegan to be edge?

xXxthe_culpritxXx
10-19-2005, 08:20 PM
When I decided to become edge after my first and only drinking experience, I read about a lot of things and nothing really talking about being vegan. This summer, one of my friends came down and saw x's on my hand and griped at me b.c I ate meat. I didn't know wether to believe him or not b.c I didn't read anything aobut it. And I don't know anybody that lives around me that's edge to ask them. All I want to know is if not being vegan is dishonoring edge lifestyles?

xsecx
10-19-2005, 08:24 PM
When I decided to become edge after my first and only drinking experience, I read about a lot of things and nothing really talking about being vegan. This summer, one of my friends came down and saw x's on my hand and griped at me b.c I ate meat. I didn't know wether to believe him or not b.c I didn't read anything aobut it. And I don't know anybody that lives around me that's edge to ask them. All I want to know is if not being vegan is dishonoring edge lifestyles?

you can be either and some are both, but being vegan isn't a requirement of edge.

drughate_vegan
10-19-2005, 09:22 PM
some sxe people go vegan because of the drug content in meat and dairy. just research it all and find out what suits you. www.veganoutreach.org

xXxthe_culpritxXx
10-24-2005, 05:06 PM
That really helped alot. thnx. But, I decided to become vegan anyway after watching a documentary called "Meet Your Meat". The harsh punishment that the animals go through is just ridiculous. I can't believe they get treated that badly. It's just stupid. But, anyway...yeah...I'm becoming vegan now.

stepinsideissue
10-25-2005, 12:23 AM
That really helped alot. thnx. But, I decided to become vegan anyway after watching a documentary called "Meet Your Meat". The harsh punishment that the animals go through is just ridiculous. I can't believe they get treated that badly. It's just stupid. But, anyway...yeah...I'm becoming vegan now.

Just so you realize that there is more to veganism that meat, eggs, and dairy. You have alot of research to do.

drughate_vegan
10-29-2005, 12:37 AM
Just so you realize that there is more to veganism that meat, eggs, and dairy. You have alot of research to do.
word. keep up with reading labels and knowing what every word means - make it easier on yourself and buy whole foods and buy products that promote no animal testing / ingredients.. and it also helps a lot to buy organics.. that is another topic for more research. but if you do, you'll see the major effects in conventional compared to organics and vise-versa.

Alex
11-15-2005, 04:03 PM
If you're vegan, do you have to be like all-out vegan? Can you just like not eat meat, but still eat eggs and dairy products? Or would that be vegetarian? :P

straightXed
11-15-2005, 06:15 PM
If you're vegan, do you have to be like all-out vegan? Can you just like not eat meat, but still eat eggs and dairy products? Or would that be vegetarian? :P

Yeah, veganism concentrates on abstaining from all consumption of animal produce and by-produce. This will result in quite a revoloution of your habbits in eating as well as in all other areas of your consumption. Vegetarian generally avoids meat and fish etc. but it can also encompass a sliding scale of other things to avoid that are derived from animals.

xXxthe_culpritxXx
11-15-2005, 11:22 PM
So, I have chickens. They're all females so it's not killing their babies when they have the eggs. I wasn't sure if that would be considered against veganism. Just wondering b.c we're not forcing them to poop out eggs. It'd be super nice if somebody would give some input. Personally, I don't think it is.

stepinsideissue
11-16-2005, 12:48 AM
So, I have chickens. They're all females so it's not killing their babies when they have the eggs. I wasn't sure if that would be considered against veganism. Just wondering b.c we're not forcing them to poop out eggs. It'd be super nice if somebody would give some input. Personally, I don't think it is.

This question confuses me. Are you saying you raise them is that the question. Raiseing them and making a living off of the chinckens is probably ok as far as veganism goes but in a way it is sort of contradictory. Most people choose veganism as an ethical crulity free way to live. Liveing off the oppression of chickens isn't really crulity free.

stepinsideissue
11-16-2005, 01:10 AM

You're only vegitarian if you just give up meat. There really is a lot of research envolved in veganism. It's alot harder than you'd think. You have to figure in dairy, eggs leather, fur, lots of lotion because of lanolin, anything with beeswax, jello, tons of other thing that use gelatin as a cakeing agent, thats just the tip of the iceburg kid. Want me to go on?

straightXed
11-16-2005, 06:26 AM

Its animal produce, if you read what i said above it states that veganism is against all use of animal produce.

straightXed
11-16-2005, 06:28 AM
You're only vegitarian if you just give up meat. There really is a lot of research envolved in veganism. It's alot harder than you'd think. You have to figure in dairy, eggs leather, fur, lots of lotion because of lanolin, anything with beeswax, jello, tons of other thing that use gelatin as a cakeing agent, thats just the tip of the iceburg kid. Want me to go on?

I think you definitely mention motor vehicles, inks and chalks. Get as fastituous as you can from the outset.

xvunderx
11-16-2005, 07:26 AM

I guess the quesion would be why do you keep the chickens? If it's in some part for the eggs the pop out on their own accord, then it would still for many vegans class as "animal slavery".

stepinsideissue
11-16-2005, 09:38 AM
I think you definitely mention motor vehicles, inks and chalks. Get as fastituous as you can from the outset.

I also left out sugar and carmoine red food dye and a bunch of other things. I just want to give a small example so they kinda of knew the extent of research and loss of products in their life.

straightXed
11-16-2005, 09:50 AM
I also left out sugar and carmoine red food dye and a bunch of other things. I just want to give a small example so they kinda of knew the extent of research and loss of products in their life.

But it didn't show the extent.

stepinsideissue
11-16-2005, 10:16 AM
But it didn't show the extent.

I know. I asked if i should go on. Why drop the bomb if he's not ready for it.

straightXed
11-16-2005, 10:20 AM
I know. I asked if i should go on. Why drop the bomb if he's not ready for it.

why wait? why only drop half a bomb?