PDA

View Full Version : listening advice

livithezombie
10-14-2005, 03:47 PM
hi there
do any of you know where i can hear the following bands (preferably on the intrenet)
7 seconds
the germs
charged gbh
discharge
uniform choice
crass
and circle jerks
cos i have been wanting to hear them for ages but i dunno how!!
come on what did you people do back in your day!?
thanks

livithezombie
10-14-2005, 03:49 PM
oh yeah and earth crisis

XvagueprophetX
10-14-2005, 03:51 PM
two words... mix tapes

xsecx
10-14-2005, 03:56 PM
hi there
do any of you know where i can hear the following bands (preferably on the intrenet)
7 seconds
the germs
charged gbh
discharge
uniform choice
crass
and circle jerks
cos i have been wanting to hear them for ages but i dunno how!!
thanks

get soulseek www.slsknet.org

livithezombie
10-15-2005, 09:30 AM
get soulseek www.slsknet.org
i cant download any of those kind of programs on my computer because when we had kazaa our computer kept getting viruses from the files we were sharing or something, and now my dad's really paranoid about what goes on the computer.
Whats a mix tape?

straightXed
10-15-2005, 09:59 AM
i cant download any of those kind of programs on my computer because when we had kazaa our computer kept getting viruses from the files we were sharing or something, and now my dad's really paranoid about what goes on the computer.
Whats a mix tape?

Well go round a friends house who has acess to a computer. BUt just so you know, you can install soulseek and download what you need pretty quickly and then remove any evidence of ever having the soul seek program.

A mix tape is just that, a tape with a lot of bands music recorded on to it.

livithezombie
10-15-2005, 11:13 AM
A mix tape is just that, a tape with a lot of bands music recorded on to it.
aaaah... clever name

stepinsideissue
10-15-2005, 07:10 PM
oh yeah and earth crisis

Victory Records.com then go to store, music and finally E. All of Earth Crisis except Breed the Killers which is on Roadrunner.

straightXed
10-16-2005, 07:01 AM
Victory Records.com then go to store, music and finally E. All of Earth Crisis except Breed the Killers which is on Roadrunner.

You can listen before you buy?

Xrelighthefire
10-17-2005, 12:59 AM
Whats a mix tape?

Soulseek is nothing like kazaa or any other virus containing programs.

straightXed
10-17-2005, 07:48 AM
Soulseek is nothing like kazaa or any other virus containing programs.

How is it not like any other file sharing programs? You know that if you used kazzaa lyte its free of spyware and all that but a lot of versions contain a load of it. Just as there are a lot of versions of soul seek out there that have problems. You just have to use the right version, i mean a lot of sites make you pay for soulseek which is pretty crazy and you can still get a virus over any file sharing program.

endofalifetime
10-17-2005, 04:05 PM
hi there
do any of you know where i can hear the following bands (preferably on the intrenet)...cos i have been wanting to hear them for ages but i dunno how!!
thanks

Get AIM and drop a line.

Xrelighthefire
10-17-2005, 06:24 PM
How is it not like any other file sharing programs? You know that if you used kazzaa lyte its free of spyware and all that but a lot of versions contain a load of it. Just as there are a lot of versions of soul seek out there that have problems. You just have to use the right version, i mean a lot of sites make you pay for soulseek which is pretty crazy and you can still get a virus over any file sharing program.

I've never had one problem with soulseek and im sharing 800+ songs. if that was kazaa my dcomputer wouldnt be runnning.

xsecx
10-17-2005, 06:30 PM
I've never had one problem with soulseek and im sharing 800+ songs. if that was kazaa my dcomputer wouldnt be runnning.

the point being there's nothing on soulseek that actually prevents you from getting a virus.

stepinsideissue
10-18-2005, 12:47 AM
You can listen before you buy?

The newer bands yes they have mp3's or a link to the bands site to get a mp3. Older stuff like Earth Crisis thats archived no you just have to by the album and hope you like it.

straightXed
10-18-2005, 10:30 AM
The newer bands yes they have mp3's or a link to the bands site to get a mp3. Older stuff like Earth Crisis thats archived no you just have to by the album and hope you like it.

Thats the thing, i think he wanted to listen before he bought. Saves wasting money or having the hassle of returning it.

livithezombie
10-21-2005, 10:37 AM
Thats the thing, i think he wanted to listen before he bought. Saves wasting money or having the hassle of returning it.
firstly if youre talking about me i am a girl (apologies if thats not about me)
and second i have now found various ways of listening to some of the bands i listed, in fact all accept discharge, uniform choice, crass, and circle jerks. For those who want to know, interpunk.com gives 45 second downloads and i think i heard some on downloadpunk.com (cant remember though), and the official sites of som of those bands.

SgtD
10-21-2005, 10:41 AM
i'm sure i heard a UC song on myspace sometime....can't remember where. or was that purevolume? my memory is fucked up these days, too much work and studying...

livithezombie
10-21-2005, 10:46 AM
i'm sure i heard a UC song on myspace sometime....can't remember where. or was that purevolume? my memory is fucked up these days, too much work and studying...
well, purevolume dont have any uc information so it probably wasnt on there

livithezombie
10-21-2005, 10:50 AM
but it dont look like myspace have anythng either

SgtD
10-21-2005, 10:59 AM
oh well, i guess my memory is worse than i thought. i could have sworn i heard some uniform choice on there.

livithezombie
10-21-2005, 11:23 AM
clearly its a product of your ninja lifestyle

XvagueprophetX
10-21-2005, 11:53 AM
not their best album, but here's a UC sample (http://www.epitonic.com/artists/uniformchoice.html)...

XvagueprophetX
10-21-2005, 11:55 AM
here's some more UC samples (http://music.aol.com/artist/main.adp?tab=album&artistid=14597&albumid=179290&sem=1&ncid=AOLMUS00170000000007)...

edit:
pirates suck ass

livithezombie
10-21-2005, 12:17 PM
that was very enjoyable, thankyou, but a little suspicious of a ninja to be givin' pirates and the like such niceties!?

xRodboi!x
11-16-2005, 02:24 PM
get my msn profile and i can send you some stuff you want
xxxstraight judes are sniffing your moneyxxx

SgtD
11-16-2005, 02:39 PM
so you're from besancon? there was a band called steroids, they were from your town. they are great guys, kind of a bummer they broke up. They played shows with my friends band over here while they toured together. do you know them?

livithezombie
11-19-2005, 06:13 AM
get my msn profile and i can send you some stuff you want
xxxstraight judes are sniffing your moneyxxx
yep that would be cool but i dont have msn.... could get it though, but not now....