PDA

View Full Version : thanks for the shit

drughate_vegan
09-17-2005, 12:43 AM
if it weren't for you guys putting up with my ignorance - i wouldn't be able to say thanks.
i have about 50+ bucks to buy some new music - who do you suggest?

stepinsideissue
09-17-2005, 01:23 AM
if it weren't for you guys putting up with my ignorance - i wouldn't be able to say thanks.

For you, New Kids on the Block, Brittney Spears, Manudo, Tears for Fears Ah ha, maybe Bryan Adams or the Cranberries.

drughate_vegan
09-17-2005, 01:25 AM
For you, New Kids on the Block, Brittney Spears, Manudo, Tears for Fears Ah ha, maybe Bryan Adams or the Cranberries.
that's fine.

straightXed
09-17-2005, 05:50 AM

Check the master list thread in questions section.

xsecx
09-17-2005, 07:34 AM

of bands that are going on today, verse, have heart, blue monday, the answer.

drughate_vegan
09-17-2005, 10:04 PM
of bands that are going on today, verse, have heart, blue monday, the answer.
thanks dusty.

antiedge
09-30-2005, 04:56 PM
good music system of a down,cradle of filth,HIM,green day,pink floyd,rammstein,mudvayne,dimmuborgir and the best smoking artist jimi hendrix

stepinsideissue
09-30-2005, 07:09 PM
good music system of a down,cradle of filth,HIM,green day,pink floyd,rammstein,mudvayne,dimmuborgir and the best smoking artist jimi hendrix

Green Day and Cradle of Filth are good bands?

kelly
09-30-2005, 07:53 PM
Green Day and Cradle of Filth are good bands?
I'm not sure any of the bands he mentioned would qualify as good...

stepinsideissue
09-30-2005, 08:19 PM
I'm not sure any of the bands he mentioned would qualify as good...

From an artistic stand point and as far as impact go gotta give props to Floyd and Jimi. Not my thing but very musically talented.

xsecx
09-30-2005, 08:52 PM

man those are some kick ass emo bands.

kelly
09-30-2005, 11:09 PM
From an artistic stand point and as far as impact go gotta give props to Floyd and Jimi. Not my thing but very musically talented.
Yeah, ok.. maybe hendrix... still dunno about pink floyd...

drughate_vegan
09-30-2005, 11:17 PM
oh.. you don't know? well.. i guess that solves everything.

stepinsideissue
09-30-2005, 11:18 PM

Look how long they've been around. I don't like the Stones or the Dead either but there has to be some thing there if so many people listen for so long. Am I right?

kelly
09-30-2005, 11:26 PM
oh.. you don't know? well.. i guess that solves everything.
"dunno" was more of a figure of speech there...
Meaning I think they suck.

drughate_vegan
09-30-2005, 11:27 PM
Meaning I think they suck.
i know - i was being sarcastic.

kelly
09-30-2005, 11:29 PM
Look how long they've been around. I don't like the Stones or the Dead either but there has to be some thing there if so many people listen for so long. Am I right?
Nope.

straightXed
10-01-2005, 06:42 AM

Yeah there is something there but its not down to them being good.

XvagueprophetX
10-01-2005, 01:30 PM
i like floyd.

kelly
10-01-2005, 05:06 PM
i like floyd.
Hippie!

drughate_vegan
10-01-2005, 09:54 PM
Yeah there is something there but its not down to them being good.
if it weren't good to a lot of people it wouldn't be here.

XLivingEarthX
10-01-2005, 11:30 PM
I used to listen to floyd, hendrix, green day , and system. But I dont know but floyd and hendrix are burned on my brain and kinda too slow. same with green day and system but they never make any original albums anymore anyways . I'm sure they are all good just not my style, I like stuff that really moves you in a good way.
The best one is H.I.M album: Overdrive . But a few of the bands I really like and recommend are the following: Mindless Self Indulgence, The Polysics, Medulla, The Postal Service, Bad Religion, A.F.I., NOFX (yes NOFX), Bad Astronaut, The Aquabats (yeah! they rock!).
Anti-edge are you straight edge or what?

straightXed
10-02-2005, 05:07 AM
if it weren't good to a lot of people it wouldn't be here.

once a name is established its less about being good its more a case of milking it, what they are good at doesn't necessarily have to be music.

antiedge
10-02-2005, 04:51 PM
no im not edge but i'll admit nofx is a good band.

XLivingEarthX
10-02-2005, 08:37 PM
Hell yeah they are! I've only seen them 3 times so far there must be more. They just make me wanna do stuff. Important things. Like shave my head and dye my pubes blue then walk on my hands. Hey now I know what I'm gonna be for Halloween.

straightXed
10-03-2005, 05:08 AM

They aren't edge either.

XLivingEarthX
10-03-2005, 04:34 PM
Yeah I know El Hefe asked me for a joint the first time I met him. But I still love them they are cool and open honest people, he told me that they really try to stay healthy and not get fucked up anymore, he just wanted to get stoned I guess. But they are awsome anyway and I love their cover of Straight Edge.

djay
10-03-2005, 08:47 PM
to go back to the first question, you should go with minor threat's complete discography, its cheap and awesome. gorilla biscuits' start today is also a must.

djay
10-03-2005, 08:48 PM

aren't NoFX edge-haters? do they hate edge kids? ive heard nofx means No Fucking X...

someone solve this out please

XLivingEarthX
10-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Thats a dumbass rumor NOFX means No FX(effects)thats it. They aren't straight edge but so what They still kick ass. I'm straight thats my own personal choice everyone else doesn't have to be.

djay
10-03-2005, 09:53 PM
Thats a dumbass rumor NOFX means No FX(effects)thats it. They aren't straight edge but so what They still kick ass. I'm straight thats my own personal choice everyone else doesn't have to be.

wait, im not saying they suck, i was just asking about it.
dont take it as an offense. i think their music is alright, i was just questionning their beliefs.
sorry if i hurted anyone. but there are just so much different reasons for their name...such as negative FX(which is the one on their own site), no effects...and no fucking X.

XLivingEarthX
10-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Oh I wasn't taking offense I just like to say they kick ass anyway. Have you heard their cover of Straight Edge? Oh yeah thanks for mentioning their site. This is what they said,
The Name
Mike and I use to hang out at his house and listen to all of his punk rock records. We tried to come up with good band names. I said No FX after a band who had put out one record and broken up called Negative FX. Mike agreed that it was the best one so far. There seemed to be a lot of gimmicky bands around at the time. We like to think that our name meant we were against that shit. In 1983 three of the four members were into the straight edge movement following Minor Threat's first single, but we were never a straight edge band, OK?

djay
10-03-2005, 10:20 PM
'aight.

xsecx
10-04-2005, 08:59 AM
wait, im not saying they suck, i was just asking about it.
dont take it as an offense. i think their music is alright, i was just questionning their beliefs.
sorry if i hurted anyone. but there are just so much different reasons for their name...such as negative FX(which is the one on their own site), no effects...and no fucking X.

negative FX is another band.

djay
10-05-2005, 11:25 AM
oh ok, i translated it wrong in my head.

drughate_vegan
10-05-2005, 11:45 PM
once a name is established its less about being good its more a case of milking it, what they are good at doesn't necessarily have to be music.
word.

straightXed
10-06-2005, 12:51 AM
word.

The most common youthspeak word is word.

stepinsideissue
10-06-2005, 01:02 AM
The most common youthspeak word is word.

If you read the posts dh_v most common word is word

straightXed
10-06-2005, 02:07 PM
If you read the posts dh_v most common word is word

Then he's a youthspeak poster boy.

drughate_vegan
10-06-2005, 04:41 PM
my sister calls me a poster for christianity - but i don't believe in god.

stepinsideissue
10-06-2005, 06:58 PM

Hey DH_V how does it feel to be famous, you know the ole mug on a poster and all?

drughate_vegan
10-06-2005, 11:25 PM
Hey DH_V how does it feel to be famous, you know the ole mug on a poster and all?
my ass is on fire!

stepinsideissue
10-07-2005, 10:12 PM
my ass is on fire!

My biscuits are burning, my biscuits are burning....great horny toads ........that smarts.

drughate_vegan
10-08-2005, 02:41 AM
My biscuits are burning, my biscuits are burning....great horny toads ........that smarts.
you know it.