View Full Version : good bands that mostly have nothing to do with hardcore

drughate_vegan
09-14-2005, 10:58 PM
afi from years back is bad ass.

positively john
09-14-2005, 11:22 PM
shai hulud
________
IOLITE VAPORIZER (http://iolitevaporizer.net/)

drughate_vegan
09-15-2005, 01:28 AM
screeching weasel

xsecx
09-15-2005, 08:55 AM
screeching weasel

not hardcore. you really don't have a clue at all, do you?

sXe Matt Sxe
09-15-2005, 11:01 AM
darkest hour, between the buried and me(not realy hxc), as i lay dying, and minus the bear(they arent hardcore in the least bit but they are realy good and the best band to chill out to)

xsecx
09-15-2005, 11:02 AM
darkest hour, between the buried and me(not realy hxc), as i lay dying, and minus the bear(they arent hardcore in the least bit but they are realy good and the best band to chill out to)

none of those bands are hardcore.

sXe Matt Sxe
09-15-2005, 11:09 AM
i said that

xsecx
09-15-2005, 11:11 AM
i said that

in theory, this is supposed to be hardcore bands, but it looks like I'm going to have to move this to other.

sXe Matt Sxe
09-15-2005, 11:13 AM
in theory, this is supposed to be hardcore bands, but it looks like I'm going to have to move this to other.
haha, yea most hardcore bands are edge so i thought it was jsut good bands

XvagueprophetX
09-15-2005, 11:15 AM
¿que?

xsecx
09-15-2005, 11:16 AM

most hardcore bands aren't edge? what bands do you think are hardcore?

kelly
09-15-2005, 11:17 AM
¿que?
Wow, how'd you get it to make the upside down question mark?
Oh yeah, I'm supposed to be posting non-hardcore good bands. Um... Hagfish?

XvagueprophetX
09-15-2005, 11:23 AM
Wow, how'd you get it to make the upside down question mark?
Oh yeah, I'm supposed to be posting non-hardcore good bands. Um... Hagfish?
i don't teach gringas my keyboard magic. ¿comprende?

kelly
09-15-2005, 11:25 AM
But what if I want to try and remember that high school/college spanish? And I would be without my upside-down question mark!

XvagueprophetX
09-15-2005, 11:36 AM
But what if I want to try and remember that high school/college spanish? And I would be without my upside-down question mark!
¡pobrecita!

sXe Matt Sxe
09-15-2005, 11:37 AM
most hardcore bands aren't edge? what bands do you think are hardcore?
i think we have already discussed that about 5 times.

xsecx
09-15-2005, 11:39 AM
ñ○xτWX╪☼o▐Mo╝│◙○xτ█╚{A╙┌9

xsecx
09-15-2005, 11:39 AM
i think we have already discussed that about 5 times.

not really, no.

kelly
09-15-2005, 11:40 AM
¡pobrecita!
Now you have the exclamation point too! Crap!

sXe Matt Sxe
09-15-2005, 11:43 AM
not really, no.
the bands i think are hardcore are the bands that you showed me on like bridge 9, rivalry, and those labels that all of you told me about

XvagueprophetX
09-15-2005, 11:44 AM
Now you have the exclamation point too! Crap!
you use a mac right? go here (http://www.orecity.k12.or.us/classlink/hayniem/spanish%20punctuation.pdf#search='upside%20down%20 exclamation%20point').

MidnightHours
09-15-2005, 11:46 AM

They still are if your more open to different types of music.

kelly
09-15-2005, 11:49 AM
you use a mac right? go here (http://www.orecity.k12.or.us/classlink/hayniem/spanish%20punctuation.pdf#search='upside%20down%20 exclamation%20point').
¡Woo, puedo hablar en español!

xsecx
09-15-2005, 11:51 AM
the bands i think are hardcore are the bands that you showed me on like bridge 9, rivalry, and those labels that all of you told me about

there's still a ton more bands you need to check out then, because that's just a tiny subset of hardcore.

sXe_BITE_ME_sXe
09-15-2005, 01:59 PM
yup afi's old shit dont really like the new stuff tho hmm whats with the spanish

gatsaw
09-15-2005, 03:44 PM
ñ○xτWX╪☼o▐Mo╝│◙○xτ█╚{A╙┌9
that´s nice.

Negative K
09-15-2005, 07:25 PM
I farted.

stepinsideissue
09-15-2005, 07:52 PM
LOOK

xsecx and you wanted to get rid of drughate_vegan for dumb, pointless, nonsense one liners.

drughate_vegan
09-16-2005, 02:50 AM
They still are if your more open to different types of music.
i can still tolearate them.. just not stomp to em.

drughate_vegan
09-16-2005, 03:36 AM
LOOK

xsecx and you wanted to get rid of drughate_vegan for dumb, pointless, nonsense one liners.
when we least expect it.. haha.

drughate_vegan
09-16-2005, 03:40 AM
the queers

drughate_vegan
09-16-2005, 05:15 AM
cannible corpse - tomb of the mutilated

drughate_vegan
09-18-2005, 02:29 AM
blonde red-head
portishead
bjork

drughate_vegan
09-18-2005, 02:31 AM
agnostic front
punk-o-rama 3 and 6

drughate_vegan
09-18-2005, 02:38 AM
tori amos
gropius (local from denton - now split up - too bad)
bad religion

drughate_vegan
09-18-2005, 02:39 AM
oh yeah -- and phat music for phat people -- i've only heard vol. 1 - i enjoy it
propagandhi

stepinsideissue
09-18-2005, 09:44 AM
oh yeah -- and phat music for phat people -- i've only heard vol. 1 - i enjoy it
propagandhi

Best one you've mentioned so far.

stepinsideissue
09-18-2005, 09:46 AM
when we least expect it.. haha.

When we least expect what, that I think some one else should in their mid 20's is as childish as you.

drughate_vegan
09-19-2005, 07:40 PM
Best one you've mentioned so far.
i meant to say fat music for fat people vol 3.. is vol 1 good too?

stepinsideissue
09-19-2005, 08:14 PM
i meant to say fat music for fat people vol 3.. is vol 1 good too?

Not sure which one I have. I never had the case. The cd has this big fat green guy on it though.

drughate_vegan
09-19-2005, 08:19 PM
Not sure which one I have. I never had the case. The cd has this big fat green guy on it though.
yeah-- and the cd opens with anti-manifesto by propagandhi? yeah-- that's vol. 3 if you have the jacket.. look all around it-- you'll see it says vol III on it somewhere.

stepinsideissue
09-19-2005, 08:39 PM
yeah-- and the cd opens with anti-manifesto by propagandhi? yeah-- that's vol. 3 if you have the jacket.. look all around it-- you'll see it says vol III on it somewhere.

Thats the one. I never had the jacket.

drughate_vegan
09-28-2005, 11:42 PM
against me.

endofalifetime
09-30-2005, 03:18 PM
Bands that are good by my subjective, that aren't hardcore in the slightest? I guess I'll just rattle off a few from the mid nineties, to the present.

Worlds Fastest Car (Not hardcore, but I guess it could be argued that Walt was in GB and YoT)
Quicksand (See WFC)
Leatherface
Seaweed
New Bomb Turks
Spring Heeled Jack (USA)
The Pavers
The Pilfers
Animal Chin
Small Brown Bike
Bluetip (Again, the possible Swiz connection, but musically)
Common Rider
Jawbreaker
The Broadways
Dillinger Four
The Impossibles

drughate_vegan
10-01-2005, 04:27 AM
fifteen
bright eyes

MidnightHours
10-16-2005, 08:17 AM

I think everything they've made is great.

xxmiaxhxx
10-24-2005, 11:59 AM

Oye, que onda? No soy gringa. Me lo puedes ensenar? Te estoy rogando. Por favor?

XvagueprophetX
10-24-2005, 01:41 PM
Oye, que onda? No soy gringa. Me lo puedes ensenar? Te estoy rogando. Por favor?
es fácil.
¿utiliza windows, sí?
vaya aquí (http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/international/accents/codeint.html#foreign).
pregúnteme si usted necesita ayuda con eso.

xRodboi!x
11-16-2005, 02:32 PM
rancid,operation ivy,old school marylin manson,fu manchu,metallica,transplants,nofx,pantera,ramones, misfits,inner terestrials,run dmc

xRodboi!x
11-16-2005, 02:33 PM
i forgot the other dms crew band like madball,skarhead and i forgot black flag,dropkick murphy's,murphy's law,pennywise, a global threat,blitz,4skins,sham69,guerilla poubelle,...

SgtD
11-16-2005, 02:41 PM
i forgot the other dms crew band like madball,skarhead and i forgot black flag,dropkick murphy's,murphy's law,pennywise, a global threat,blitz,4skins,sham69,guerilla poubelle,...
pardon me, but i guess Madball, Skarhead, Black Flag and Murphys law are hardcore bands...

xRodboi!x
11-16-2005, 03:28 PM
pardon me, but i guess Madball, Skarhead, Black Flag and Murphys law are hardcore bands...
sorry i quoted non edge bands :S the first bands i've quoted aren't hardcore

stepinsideissue
11-17-2005, 01:19 AM
rancid,operation ivy,old school marylin manson,fu manchu,metallica,transplants,nofx,pantera,ramones, misfits,inner terestrials,run dmc

You can't be serious about Metalica and Run DMC can you????

xRodboi!x
11-17-2005, 02:13 PM
You can't be serious about Metalica and Run DMC can you????
old school metallica's good.Run dmc justa fuckin' good band,the only hip hop band really apreciate with dannny diablo.their instrus are not like the nowadays crap,i mean it was made with real instruments.

stepinsideissue
11-17-2005, 02:27 PM
old school metallica's good.Run dmc justa fuckin' good band,the only hip hop band really apreciate with dannny diablo.their instrus are not like the nowadays crap,i mean it was made with real instruments.

I still can't beleieve you but Metallica and the Misfits in the same sentence after Metallica murdered Die, die darling. Anything after and including the black album just sucks.

XvagueprophetX
11-17-2005, 02:49 PM
I still can't beleieve you but Metallica and the Misfits in the same sentence after Metallica murdered Die, die darling. Anything after and including the black album just sucks.
but ride the lightening is fucking classic... mtv killed metallica so i say anything after the one video is bogus.

stepinsideissue
11-18-2005, 10:24 PM
but ride the lightening is fucking classic... mtv killed metallica so i say anything after the one video is bogus.

That and Master of Puppets are the only thing worth listening to. Garage days was okay for cover tunes. Last Caress/ Green Hell was actually a good Misfits cover.

pittstonjoma
11-25-2005, 04:48 PM
Any Metallica album before the Black Album is worth listening to. Their mainstream stuff is ok I guess but I strongly believe Bob Rock ruined them. St. Anger is highly unlistenable.

I like a lot of bands and would annoy the hell out of anyone with a long list, but, here are some worth listening to:

Rhapsody, Dream Theater (only some of their music), Queensryche, The Cardigans, Killswitch Engage

rodrigo
11-25-2005, 06:00 PM
es fácil.
¿utiliza windows, sí?
vaya aquí (http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/international/accents/codeint.html#foreign).
pregúnteme si usted necesita ayuda con eso.

what? your keyboards doesnt have them?

rodrigo
11-25-2005, 06:04 PM
not that im an eminence in the subject but...
in any alternate dimension, at any time, at any point of your and everybodys life...

THE TRANSPLANTS SUCKS!!

xGriffox
11-25-2005, 06:50 PM
-Immortal Technique
-Dead Prez
-NWA
-Public Enemy
-AGAINST ME!
-Defiance, Ohio
-Rosa
-One Reason
-Suburban Kids With Biblical Names
-Vital Remains
-Dear Shithead

And many more...

rodrigo
11-25-2005, 07:06 PM
COMMON RIDER has to be on the list

xsecx
11-25-2005, 10:51 PM
-Immortal Technique
-Dead Prez
-NWA
-Public Enemy
-AGAINST ME!
-Defiance, Ohio
-Rosa
-One Reason
-Suburban Kids With Biblical Names
-Vital Remains
-Dear Shithead

And many more...

dead prez are/were horrible.

xGriffox
11-27-2005, 07:54 PM
dead prez are/were horrible.
are you sure you are talking about dead prez the hip hop group?

and i have another one to add
-Aesop Rock

xsecx
11-27-2005, 08:48 PM
are you sure you are talking about dead prez the hip hop group?

and i have another one to add
-Aesop Rock

yes. and they're still horrible.

xRodboi!x
12-20-2005, 12:41 PM
not that im an eminence in the subject but...
in any alternate dimension, at any time, at any point of your and everybodys life...

THE TRANSPLANTS SUCKS!!
why?

rodrigo
12-20-2005, 12:56 PM
why?
you cant like a band that sings something like
"Take a look around baby, yeah my whole crews ugly
But we still got the most game, the most money
The most hoes, the most honeys, it's so funny"

"Knock, knock, knock, who's that? It's Momma, son
Lookin' for the bitch who took the money and run
Now the daylight's gone and there's no more fun
And who's the fuckin' bitch who stole all the heroin?
Heroin, heroin, it's all gone
Smoked it all up, and now you got none
And now you look around and that's not the plan
This is not what you had in mind"

"You said money can't buy me love and that's true
But money can buy me drugs so that's cool"

the only thing good about them is the drummer

xsecx
12-20-2005, 01:07 PM
you cant like a band that sings something like
"Take a look around baby, yeah my whole crews ugly
But we still got the most game, the most money
The most hoes, the most honeys, it's so funny"

"Knock, knock, knock, who's that? It's Momma, son
Lookin' for the bitch who took the money and run
Now the daylight's gone and there's no more fun
And who's the fuckin' bitch who stole all the heroin?
Heroin, heroin, it's all gone
Smoked it all up, and now you got none
And now you look around and that's not the plan
This is not what you had in mind"

"You said money can't buy me love and that's true
But money can buy me drugs so that's cool"

the only thing good about them is the drummer

I just like the fact that they are being used to sell shampoo.

rodrigo
12-20-2005, 01:14 PM
I just like the fact that they are being used to sell shampoo.

amusing that tim armstrong and rob aston are both bold

SgtD
12-20-2005, 02:46 PM
amusing that tim armstrong and rob aston are both bold
and bald even!

rodrigo
12-20-2005, 03:37 PM
and bald even!
yeah what you said

xRodboi!x
12-26-2005, 04:35 PM
yeah what you said
i'm french so i don't really understand about their lyrics.i like the way it sounds.but i agree rob aston's a fuckin pothead.Also the stupid shampoo thing was done to make rob aston earn money coz tim thought nobody would like their music.

killislove
12-31-2005, 02:30 PM

dude i totally consider as i lay dying hardcore. or atleast metalcore or something like that.

straightXed
12-31-2005, 02:33 PM
dude i totally consider as i lay dying hardcore. or atleast metalcore or something like that.

no way are they hardcore.

stepinsideissue
12-31-2005, 02:36 PM

Nope.

killislove
12-31-2005, 02:38 PM
no way are they hardcore.

i can see the point but what the hell else would they be considered? I refuse to say that Againt Me, AFI and As I lay Dying are in the same group of non-hardcore, but good, music. There has to be something seperating these because AILD is so much more fucking hardcore than against me and even old school a fire inside.

straightXed
12-31-2005, 02:45 PM
i can see the point but what the hell else would they be considered? I refuse to say that Againt Me, AFI and As I lay Dying are in the same group of non-hardcore, but good, music. There has to be something seperating these because AILD is so much more fucking hardcore than against me and even old school a fire inside.

they don't sound like hardcore though and they don't have anything positive to bring the hardcore scene and seem more interested in the hot topic revoloution!!

killislove
12-31-2005, 02:56 PM
they don't sound like hardcore though and they don't have anything positive to bring the hardcore scene and seem more interested in the hot topic revoloution!!

haha you and your fucking hot topic.

straightXed
12-31-2005, 03:12 PM
haha you and your fucking hot topic.

Actually surely thats your hot topic as you are supporting all these bands that actively support hot topic and all that other crap that goes alongside it.

killislove
12-31-2005, 03:37 PM
Actually surely thats your hot topic as you are supporting all these bands that actively support hot topic and all that other crap that goes alongside it.

1, i never said i supported all these bands and 2, just because i like a song doesn't nessacarly mean i am suporting a corporation such as hot topic. As long as i don't buy the albums from there i don't really directly support the store. What am i supposed to do, boycott any band that sells any type of mech at hot topic?

I really don't mean for my next comment to be offensive but you seem, so far, to be the type of edger that gives edge a discolored name. And i'm really not trying to be rude at all, seriosuly. But dude, where is the community? If two edge people can't be decent with one another then there is no community. You can dislike a comment i make, just like i can dislike a comment you make, but that doesn't mean i'm the enemy. I'm one of you more or less, why does everything have to be so black and white? If people uphold and believe in the basis three rules of edge and take it to heart than really that's where community should be formed and maintained. Edge is more about our actions than it is making sure the band scene stay true, or making sure people don't shop are certain cd shops. So if i like a band that has a cd at hot topic so what. Is that really much worse than FYI which pays shitty wages, target, media play, independent stores that pay shitty wages or Best Buy? best Buy who sells Boston Beatdown dvds which really don't show the purity of edge? You know what i'm saying? dude, peace. i'm not trying to make enemies on here i'm trying to find my community that's all. So if we are going to dissagree then fine, i want to learn from the comments that people make on here. I want to be aware. Stop giving me such a hard time when im your sister through my actions.

stepinsideissue
12-31-2005, 03:53 PM
1, i never said i supported all these bands and 2, just because i like a song doesn't nessacarly mean i am suporting a corporation such as hot topic. As long as i don't buy the albums from there i don't really directly support the store. What am i supposed to do, boycott any band that sells any type of mech at hot topic?

I really don't mean for my next comment to be offensive but you seem, so far, to be the type of edger that gives edge a discolored name. And i'm really not trying to be rude at all, seriosuly. But dude, where is the community? If two edge people can't be decent with one another then there is no community. You can dislike a comment i make, just like i can dislike a comment you make, but that doesn't mean i'm the enemy. I'm one of you more or less, why does everything have to be so black and white? If people uphold and believe in the basis three rules of edge and take it to heart than really that's where community should be formed and maintained. Edge is more about our actions than it is making sure the band scene stay true, or making sure people don't shop are certain cd shops. So if i like a band that has a cd at hot topic so what. Is that really much worse than FYI which pays shitty wages, target, media play, independent stores that pay shitty wages or Best Buy? best Buy who sells Boston Beatdown dvds which really don't show the purity of edge? You know what i'm saying? dude, peace. i'm not trying to make enemies on here i'm trying to find my community that's all. So if we are going to dissagree then fine, i want to learn from the comments that people make on here. I want to be aware. Stop giving me such a hard time when im your sister through my actions.

That is not nessacarily true. Making the band scene stay true as you put it or hXc and the hXc music scene is just as much a part of sXe as our actions. If it wasn't for our lyrics, magazines, and the support of one another hXc and sXe really wouldn't exist.

straightXed
12-31-2005, 04:24 PM

Ok so you pirate the music of these bands, does it not bother you at all that these bands are a part of a corperation that attempts to sell and package the hardcore scene as a simple fashion fad, do you really feel comfortable with a band that openly supports this? And i am more refering to the bands that you have claimed to support in other threads.

I really don't mean for my next comment to be offensive but you seem, so far, to be the type of edger that gives edge a discolored name. And i'm really not trying to be rude at all, seriosuly. But dude, where is the community?

Because i stand up against the ideas that go against the idea of the hardcore community? I don't just swallow it up, i say hey, look this is a scene that has worked for 20+ years without corperations like this and its worked because the people in the scene did it for themselves in order to keep it alive for the next generation. The fact that we aren't even talking about edge obviously is unimportant to you so i will just say i'm not going to agree with people or stop challenging peoples ideas just because they are edge, that would be dumb. The community here is great because your ideas do get challenged, you are challenged to think twice about things and from other perspectives. I see how much interest bigger corperations are taking in the hardcore scene and how they are angling their marketing to incorperate it into the latest fad that will in turn mangle all reletive meaning out of the scene until it becomes a cyclic fad to interject onto impressionable young people.

If two edge people can't be decent with one another then there is no community. You can dislike a comment i make, just like i can dislike a comment you make, but that doesn't mean i'm the enemy.

I never said you were the enemy but you have taken it upon yourself to assume yourself as such, perhaps your reaction to differences in opinion and inability to accept facts makes it hard for you to become a part of said community. If within a community you can't have ideas challenged then thats a rather false community and not one i support. If we are both free to make comments and dislike them then why the post about it? You are free to dislike what i say, i haven't attacked you personally i have just discussed items raised in your posts. If you want to respond or just dislike them then thats fine but don't expect me to change the way i feel about corperations destroying this scene in the name of a quick buck because you don't have a problem with it or support bands that do.

I'm one of you more or less, why does everything have to be so black and white? If people uphold and believe in the basis three rules of edge and take it to heart than really that's where community should be formed and maintained. Edge is more about our actions than it is making sure the band scene stay true, or making sure people don't shop are certain cd shops.

Again we are talking about hardcore not straightedge, although if you are happy with throwing the hardcore scene aside then you may as well say goodbye to straightedge as well. Edge is something that exists within the hardcore scene, its completely relative to the scene so there is definitely a high priority in protecting the hardcore scene in which straightedge is relevent. Without hardcore straightedge because something completely different.

So if i like a band that has a cd at hot topic so what. Is that really much worse than FYI which pays shitty wages, target, media play, independent stores that pay shitty wages or Best Buy? best Buy who sells Boston Beatdown dvds which really don't show the purity of edge? You know what i'm saying? dude, peace.

Hot topic is actually the worst because of the way the company actively targets youth demographics for its latest market, it targets unmarketed sectors and sends scouts to shows and the like to stock products that kids are likely to indulge in. The problem is it does take away from the underground element, it takes away from the whole idea of the scene where everyone is equal, its all done by hardcore kids for hardcore kids, thats the community that i am actively supporting. I don't want to see hardcore bands playing on a big hot topic stage, i want to see the band infront of me, on the same level, singing along. I want to talk to them afterwards, i want to buy my CD from them, or direct from the label, i want to support these bands directly, i don't want or need some big company acting as a middle man when we haven't needed one for 20 years. This is how the scene is, i want to be an active part of it and i want to see it surrvive. So i'm not supporting the idea of buying hardcore in any major record shops, i buy hardcore at shows or from labels direct or from independant distros. I like it that way because i also get to buy things cheaper and get to buy zines and other stuff that stores won't stock and i know my money is going directly to where it needs to but above all i get to give it to bands that give a shit and put back into the scene with all there blood and sweat, and hopefully that will keep this shit alive for another 20 years.

i'm not trying to make enemies on here i'm trying to find my community that's all. So if we are going to dissagree then fine, i want to learn from the comments that people make on here. I want to be aware. Stop giving me such a hard time when im your sister through my actions.

iI'm not giving you a hard time but just because you don't drink,smoke etc. does not make you my sister. Theres plenty of assholes in the scene that i don't consider my family just because of their abstinence of substances. If you want to learn then this is a really good community in which to do so.

stepinsideissue
12-31-2005, 05:31 PM
Can I be your brother?????

stitch29190
01-17-2006, 08:08 AM
Ok so you pirate the music of these bands, does it not bother you at all that these bands are a part of a corperation that attempts to sell and package the hardcore scene as a simple fashion fad, do you really feel comfortable with a band that openly supports this? And i am more refering to the bands that you have claimed to support in other threads.

Because i stand up against the ideas that go against the idea of the hardcore community? I don't just swallow it up, i say hey, look this is a scene that has worked for 20+ years without corperations like this and its worked because the people in the scene did it for themselves in order to keep it alive for the next generation. The fact that we aren't even talking about edge obviously is unimportant to you so i will just say i'm not going to agree with people or stop challenging peoples ideas just because they are edge, that would be dumb. The community here is great because your ideas do get challenged, you are challenged to think twice about things and from other perspectives. I see how much interest bigger corperations are taking in the hardcore scene and how they are angling their marketing to incorperate it into the latest fad that will in turn mangle all reletive meaning out of the scene until it becomes a cyclic fad to interject onto impressionable young people.

I never said you were the enemy but you have taken it upon yourself to assume yourself as such, perhaps your reaction to differences in opinion and inability to accept facts makes it hard for you to become a part of said community. If within a community you can't have ideas challenged then thats a rather false community and not one i support. If we are both free to make comments and dislike them then why the post about it? You are free to dislike what i say, i haven't attacked you personally i have just discussed items raised in your posts. If you want to respond or just dislike them then thats fine but don't expect me to change the way i feel about corperations destroying this scene in the name of a quick buck because you don't have a problem with it or support bands that do.

Again we are talking about hardcore not straightedge, although if you are happy with throwing the hardcore scene aside then you may as well say goodbye to straightedge as well. Edge is something that exists within the hardcore scene, its completely relative to the scene so there is definitely a high priority in protecting the hardcore scene in which straightedge is relevent. Without hardcore straightedge because something completely different.

Hot topic is actually the worst because of the way the company actively targets youth demographics for its latest market, it targets unmarketed sectors and sends scouts to shows and the like to stock products that kids are likely to indulge in. The problem is it does take away from the underground element, it takes away from the whole idea of the scene where everyone is equal, its all done by hardcore kids for hardcore kids, thats the community that i am actively supporting. I don't want to see hardcore bands playing on a big hot topic stage, i want to see the band infront of me, on the same level, singing along. I want to talk to them afterwards, i want to buy my CD from them, or direct from the label, i want to support these bands directly, i don't want or need some big company acting as a middle man when we haven't needed one for 20 years. This is how the scene is, i want to be an active part of it and i want to see it surrvive. So i'm not supporting the idea of buying hardcore in any major record shops, i buy hardcore at shows or from labels direct or from independant distros. I like it that way because i also get to buy things cheaper and get to buy zines and other stuff that stores won't stock and i know my money is going directly to where it needs to but above all i get to give it to bands that give a shit and put back into the scene with all there blood and sweat, and hopefully that will keep this shit alive for another 20 years.

iI'm not giving you a hard time but just because you don't drink,smoke etc. does not make you my sister. Theres plenty of assholes in the scene that i don't consider my family just because of their abstinence of substances. If you want to learn then this is a really good community in which to do so.
hey guys, im not sure what the hell your talkin about but the point is to be straightedge its inevetable you must be hardcore, but that doesnt mean that in being hardcore you must be straightedge,
in example i am hXc just like most of you but i still drink, smoke, smoke pot, and ive recently came off pills and speed, i would love to be straightedge but im not a very strong willed guy, plus my mom always seems to forcefeed me cigarettes, now seriously straightedge is a part of hardcore not the other way round!

straightXed
01-17-2006, 09:44 AM
hey guys, im not sure what the hell your talkin about but the point is to be straightedge its inevetable you must be hardcore, but that doesnt mean that in being hardcore you must be straightedge,

Please show me in the post you quoted where i have said to be hardcore you must be straightedge, because i don't think i ever said that ever.

in example i am hXc just like most of you but i still drink, smoke, smoke pot, and ive recently came off pills and speed, i would love to be straightedge but im not a very strong willed guy, plus my mom always seems to forcefeed me cigarettes, now seriously straightedge is a part of hardcore not the other way round!

When did i say it was the other way round?

xJONNYSCREAMx
07-08-2006, 05:48 AM
shai hulud
Shai Hulud is hardcore. Sorta. lotsa influence

xJONNYSCREAMx
07-08-2006, 05:49 AM

wayyyyyyy not true. Just most to us cuz we look for it :-). Plus all the other ones are too fuckin drunk and stoned to right good music.

xJONNYSCREAMx
07-08-2006, 05:51 AM

bridge 9 is an edge label, correct me if I'm wrong, as I very well might be.
We should you a list of edge bands :-)

xJONNYSCREAMx
07-08-2006, 05:52 AM
yup afi's old shit dont really like the new stuff tho hmm whats with the spanish

HALEYYYYYY I LOVE YOU!

xJONNYSCREAMx
07-08-2006, 05:53 AM
agnostic front
punk-o-rama 3 and 6

punk-o-rama isn't a band. are you referring to the band on the comp?

straightXed
07-08-2006, 07:33 AM
punk-o-rama isn't a band. are you referring to the band on the comp?

3 and 6 would indicate the compilation.

xsecx
07-08-2006, 08:22 AM
bridge 9 is an edge label, correct me if I'm wrong, as I very well might be.
We should you a list of edge bands :-)

b9 isn't an edge label. some of the band on b9 are edge but a lot aren't.

xJONNYSCREAMx
07-08-2006, 02:49 PM
b9 isn't an edge label. some of the band on b9 are edge but a lot aren't.

Thanks for claifying that.

hxcsxe
07-20-2006, 09:19 AM
there metal/core

hxcsxe
07-20-2006, 09:22 AM
metal core dude
lots of ppl asume its all hardcore because somone labled it hardcore too many ppl like that think that hardcore aint hardcore if u get my meaning

Big_O_is_Stupid
08-09-2006, 06:36 PM

You must be a moron....

WOW... Hardcore bands are NOT mostly edge.