PDA

View Full Version : sXe hardcore bands?help me!

Zao
09-04-2005, 05:54 AM
can you please give me a list of sXe hardcore bands you know and like?
or maybe just hradcore bands you like?
i just want to know more bands.looking for some new stuff..

SgtD
09-04-2005, 05:57 AM
http://sxe.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1727

Zao
09-04-2005, 06:13 AM
thank you, but i most of the bands in the link are hardcore punk..
and i dont really like hardcore punk, so are they any bands like..bane? converge?
i dunno..

livithezombie
09-04-2005, 06:39 AM
whats the difference between hardcore punk and people like bane? is it the way they sing?

Zao
09-04-2005, 06:47 AM
sure there's a difference, its thew way they sing, and the way they play...

SgtD
09-04-2005, 07:45 AM
and i dont really like hardcore punk, so are they any bands like..bane? converge?
i dunno..
not quite, most of those bands are hardcore. Judging from your nickname, and that you search for bands that sound like converge, i guess you are looking for metalcore.

Zao
09-04-2005, 07:59 AM
not quite, most of those bands are hardcore. Judging from your nickname, and that you search for bands that sound like converge, i guess you are looking for metalcore.

:|?
metalcore?
well as much as i know converge are not metalcore..

xsecx
09-04-2005, 09:00 AM
sure there's a difference, its thew way they sing, and the way they play...

no. there is hardcore, and that's it. converge isn't and never was a hardcore band, especially since they had a hoodie back in the day that said death to false metal.

kelly
09-04-2005, 09:20 AM
i dunno..
Uh, if you don't want hardcore bands, why did you title the thread "sXe hadcore bands?"

flame_still_burns
09-04-2005, 10:53 AM
http://www.thinkfastrecords.com/media/Have_Heart_What_Counts.mp3

listen to this song... if you don't like it, go here:

www.trustkill.com

Zao
09-04-2005, 01:29 PM
Uh, if you don't want hardcore bands, why did you title the thread "sXe hadcore bands?"

i do want hardcire bands. but not metalcore thats why i title it HARDCORE bands...
see, im kinda female in those stuff, i just looking for some new stuff..something new to listen..

keithxXx
09-05-2005, 01:18 AM
i feel i put these bands in every post, but what the hell.
xdeathstarx - www.myspace.com/xdeathstarx
death before dishonor

IAN
09-06-2005, 07:12 PM
Well I guess if you gave the title SXE Hardcore bands, these albums should be right up your alley
1. Minor Threat "Complete Discography" (Any HC kids that claim to be HC and SXE should have this)
2. SSD "The Kids Will Have Their Say" LP, this is Boston HC supergroup that actually ignited the HC scene in Boston
3. Government Issue "The Complete History Vol 1" another D.C HC, so often being overlooked
4. 7Seconds "Old School" and of course their wellknown "Walk Togather, Rock Togather"
5. Warzone "Victory Years"
6. Youth Of Today "Breakdown the walls" this is the catalyst for SXE in NYC
7. Gorrila Biscuit S/T, feel the power of the rhytm as well as the melody
8. Infest, any 7" or 12" you could get, since their records are pretty rare these days
9. Instead "bonds of friendship/we'll make a different"
10. Wideawake "Last Straw"

Well I guess that will give you the picture what for me the essential SXE HC albums

IAN
09-06-2005, 07:17 PM
By the Way...go get AMERICAN HARDCORE, TRIBAL HISTORY BY STEVEN BLUSH, this is a good book, and will give you a bit of picture what's Hardcore is all about. I think Converge (did I spell it right?) are considered as Chaotic Metal (Dunno about this genre) along with 18Visions, Dillinger Escape Plan or other releases from relapse. But if you want to know the real HC you should check out HC albums from early 80 to Late 80s.

xsecx
09-06-2005, 08:43 PM
By the Way...go get AMERICAN HARDCORE, TRIBAL HISTORY BY STEVEN BLUSH, this is a good book, and will give you a bit of picture what's Hardcore is all about. I think Converge (did I spell it right?) are considered as Chaotic Metal (Dunno about this genre) along with 18Visions, Dillinger Escape Plan or other releases from relapse. But if you want to know the real HC you should check out HC albums from early 80 to Late 80s.

the american hardcore book is really poorly written and researched. dance of days or even all ages are better books on the subject.

xsecx
09-06-2005, 08:55 PM
Well I guess if you gave the title SXE Hardcore bands, these albums should be right up your alley
1. Minor Threat "Complete Discography" (Any HC kids that claim to be HC and SXE should have this)
2. SSD "The Kids Will Have Their Say" LP, this is Boston HC supergroup that actually ignited the HC scene in Boston
3. Government Issue "The Complete History Vol 1" another D.C HC, so often being overlooked
4. 7Seconds "Old School" and of course their wellknown "Walk Togather, Rock Togather"
5. Warzone "Victory Years"
6. Youth Of Today "Breakdown the walls" this is the catalyst for SXE in NYC
7. Gorrila Biscuit S/T, feel the power of the rhytm as well as the melody
8. Infest, any 7" or 12" you could get, since their records are pretty rare these days
9. Instead "bonds of friendship/we'll make a different"
10. Wideawake "Last Straw"

Well I guess that will give you the picture what for me the essential SXE HC albums

the yot record that started things was can't close my eyes, not break down the walls.
also, start today is a much better record than the s/t 7" for gb. I would also have included judge bringing it down over insted, infest, wide awake or warzone. Also, warzone isn't generally considered a straight edge band. but other than that, most of the stuff is dead on.

IAN
09-07-2005, 01:01 AM
I agree with you. The problem here is that I live in Indonesia, the HC source is so poor here. My first introduction to YOT was "Break Down The Wall". i know that the first YOT record was "Can't close my eyes" and I'm still hunting down that album since it was produced by Kevin Second of 7Seconds. Well I guess, Warzone is never considered as SXE band although Raybeez is straightedge and they got song called "Free At Last". I was informed that the other good book regarding on HC was "Banned In DC".

xsecx
09-07-2005, 09:24 AM
I agree with you. The problem here is that I live in Indonesia, the HC source is so poor here. My first introduction to YOT was "Break Down The Wall". i know that the first YOT record was "Can't close my eyes" and I'm still hunting down that album since it was produced by Kevin Second of 7Seconds. Well I guess, Warzone is never considered as SXE band although Raybeez is straightedge and they got song called "Free At Last". I was informed that the other good book regarding on HC was "Banned In DC".

raybeez is dead dude.

IAN
09-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Yes I know Raybeez is dead. well sorry, maybe I should've written "Raybeez was a straight edge". But no matter he's dead or alive, I guess he was pretty Important in NYHC scene (please correct me if I'm wrong).

xsecx
09-08-2005, 07:52 AM
Yes I know Raybeez is dead. well sorry, maybe I should've written "Raybeez was a straight edge". But no matter he's dead or alive, I guess he was pretty Important in NYHC scene (please correct me if I'm wrong).

I don't know. When I think of people that had a big impact, especially in terms of straight edge, raybeez just isn't there. but that could also just be me.

MAXXX
09-09-2005, 02:17 PM
listen to verse. they are good.

straightXed
09-09-2005, 02:28 PM
listen to verse. they are good.

Saw them the other week and all i can say about the show is that it was captain insano's show. Their set was so awesome.