PDA

View Full Version : Question

William2k2DJ
08-30-2005, 09:13 PM
I was reading this section and I have came to a conclusion. I am going to ask a few questions. What is Straight Edge, drug free, drug and alcohol free? Do you have to like the music to be straight edge, or just be drug free? Is vegan/vegetarian necessary?

xsecx
08-30-2005, 09:47 PM
I was reading this section and I have came to a conclusion. I am going to ask a few questions. What is Straight Edge, drug free, drug and alcohol free? Do you have to like the music to be straight edge, or just be drug free? Is vegan/vegetarian necessary?

straight edge is a subculture/movement based on a drug free life and centered around hardcore music.

drug free means you don't consume any drugs recreationally.

if you don't like the music, you would just be drug free and not straight edge, since you wouldn't actually be apart of the subculture itself, you'd just share some of the beliefs.

and no, while many people are vegan or vegetarian the beliefs are completely seperate.

hxcsxebmxer
09-01-2005, 07:21 AM
yea hes right, theres plenty of ppl that are drug free but don like the music

SgtD
09-01-2005, 09:46 AM
yea hes right, theres plenty of ppl that are drug free but don like the music
...and therefore they are not straightedge

drughate_vegan
09-04-2005, 02:20 AM
...and therefore they are not straightedge
refer to "what edge is." thread under 'commentary'

drughate_vegan
09-04-2005, 02:30 AM
straightedge isn't a club - it's you. you listen to the meaning and decide if what it means is what you are. as far as i am concerned, being vegan goes hand-in-hand with being edge. and here's why:
drugs. they are in conventional meats, dairy products -- everything. all conventionally treated animals (the majority of the meat / dairy supplies in the world) are treated with injections of hormones, steroids, anti-biotics .. a lot of different chemicals in order to to bump the notch on their profits range a little higher (these drugs plump up the animals and cause them to be more profitable because they have more meat / dairy to offer). if you consume these animals, you also consume the drugs within their system. that's why somany people have a hard time giving meats and dairies up -- they are addicted and don't know it. i, personally, went vegan 5 years ago - and for the first 3 months had a twitch in my eye from withdrawing from dairy. meat and dairy is a drug, unless you buy free-range and organics. but for me, individually, the other animals are not here for us to eat--i mean.. give a rabbit and an apple to your kid-- if the kid eats the rabbit and plays with the apple, i'll buy you a new car.

straightXed
09-04-2005, 04:44 AM
straightedge isn't a club - it's you. you listen to the meaning and decide if what it means is what you are. as far as i am concerned, being vegan goes hand-in-hand with being edge. and here's why:
drugs. they are in conventional meats, dairy products -- everything. all conventionally treated animals (the majority of the meat / dairy supplies in the world) are treated with injections of hormones, steroids, anti-biotics .. a lot of different chemicals in order to to bump the notch on their profits range a little higher (these drugs plump up the animals and cause them to be more profitable because they have more meat / dairy to offer). if you consume these animals, you also consume the drugs within their system. that's why somany people have a hard time giving meats and dairies up -- they are addicted and don't know it. i, personally, went vegan 5 years ago - and for the first 3 months had a twitch in my eye from withdrawing from dairy. meat and dairy is a drug, unless you buy free-range and organics. but for me, individually, the other animals are not here for us to eat--i mean.. give a rabbit and an apple to your kid-- if the kid eats the rabbit and plays with the apple, i'll buy you a new car.

You are so full of shit.

kelly
09-04-2005, 09:18 AM
You are so full of shit.
No, no, the twitch in the eye from withdrawing from meat drugs sounded totally realistic.

straightXed
09-04-2005, 09:53 AM
No, no, the twitch in the eye from withdrawing from meat drugs sounded totally realistic.

Even if it were a drug issue to eat meat then surely eating meat farmed without drugs would mean its not imperetive to be vegan. Fact is i do not get any mind altering effects from meat or dairy and neither am i addicted to it. But the eye twitch seals it, everybody, we have a twitcher on board!

XvagueprophetX
09-04-2005, 10:01 AM
Even if it were a drug issue to eat meat then surely eating meat farmed without drugs would mean its not imperetive to be vegan. Fact is i do not get any mind altering effects from meat or dairy and neither am i addicted to it. But the eye twitch seals it, everybody, we have a twitcher on board!
i was vegetarian for a year to prove to a non edge vegan that i wasn't addicted to meat. i know that sounds silly, but i was a silly kid. what i learned is that i am addicted to the ease of eating meat in our society. if there was a veg fast food joint on every corner and it was as inexpensive and easy to be veg i would... but it's not so neither am i.

straightXed
09-04-2005, 10:37 AM
i was vegetarian for a year to prove to a non edge vegan that i wasn't addicted to meat. i know that sounds silly, but i was a silly kid. what i learned is that i am addicted to the ease of eating meat in our society. if there was a veg fast food joint on every corner and it was as inexpensive and easy to be veg i would... but it's not so neither am i.

I regularly experiment with my diet, i went vegetarian for 3 years at the drop of a hat, ate meat again because i chose too, dropped meat for another 2 years and dropped all meat and dairy for 3 and a half years at the drop of a hat, a little habit adjustment was needed but thats not addiction. Its not addiction because you find it easier to eat meat, its laziness and being generally lax with yourself and the principals to which you wish to adhere too. I play with my diet because it interests me greatly how food effects the body but i can say for sure that people who aren't lazy will not need to eat meat if they don't wish unless they are creating a physical inbalance of nutrients that they need to balance for health reasons. There is no addiction, its a vegan propoganda myth.

XvagueprophetX
09-04-2005, 10:56 AM
I regularly experiment with my diet, i went vegetarian for 3 years at the drop of a hat, ate meat again because i chose too, dropped meat for another 2 years and dropped all meat and dairy for 3 and a half years at the drop of a hat, a little habit adjustment was needed but thats not addiction. Its not addiction because you find it easier to eat meat, its laziness and being generally lax with yourself and the principals to which you wish to adhere too. I play with my diet because it interests me greatly how food effects the body but i can say for sure that people who aren't lazy will not need to eat meat if they don't wish unless they are creating a physical inbalance of nutrients that they need to balance for health reasons. There is no addiction, its a vegan propoganda myth.
yeah i guess addicted to ease = lazy... oh well.